Update 12.11 - Post Your Santa's Gifts!

Frostbow

I'm only missing that Scarlet Thunder thingy from my port. I have every other ship in the list. Already have 62 certificates and have barely scratched my T10 ships so far (ok, done the BB's and CV's). I am bound to get that one last ship too.

One of my new botes, the T8 UK cruiser Nottingham was a surprise. Looking at her in port I was not expecting anything other than disappointment. Squishy armour, HUGE citadel above the water line and parts of it exposed. NO heal and TRASH AA. And yes, the first 5 minutes of Raptor rescue she DID take quite a pounding with very little dished out in return. Then suddenly she woke up and started absolutely smashing stuff left, right AND centre. She does come with UK Destroyer smokes, which is not ideal on a LARGE cruiser, but I didn't even need them as I managed to use island cover to get close enough to destroy Azuma (yes the reds came in from behind us) and the other 3 cruisers with her Yahagi, Aoba and Myoko).

Of course, if there had been any BB's opposite, the result would have been far different. Nottingham is almost as good as Hampshire for operations. Prints citadel ribbons (Hampshire just does it a little better).

20231214143630_1.jpg

20231214143604_1.jpg

Edited by UnderTheRadarAgain
  • Like 4

unlxahn.png

Hmmm....... the free container from the Holiday progression

I also got 1500/1500  dubs ( EU/NA) from the same containers, the four from the Salvage event. Which is....... pretty interesting 🙂 

Otherwise, I'm taking my time with the snowflakes, no rush here 🙂 

• Like 5

The first of the Big gifts in the free track on the Christmas Battle Pass (Christmas Pass?) turned up an Orkan last night, so Leipzig isn't the only ship I'm going home with this year. 

Orkan was easy for me to adjust to. She's basically UK T8 DD Lightning given the Kidd treatment (loses one launcher and gets a heal), but with radar instead of smoke and with 12km Euro torps in her single launcher. I've been curious about her for ages, but never quite enough to pull the trigger and buy her. Now that's taken care of. Thank you, WG and Santa!

• Like 7

I bought 40 Megas and got a lot of low tier not-so-great ships. From the top of my head, I remember:

Okhtonik

A. Grau

Poltava

Marblehead L.

Chlakov ( I don't even play CVs)

and some other 3 or 4 that I don't remember right now

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

@XVirtusXwelcome to the forum.  

Thank you my good sir! I was somewhat active in the old forum. And I hope to follow the game we all love to hate here from now on!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Through the 4x big satan crates from the Salvage event, I received the last missing premium, the BB Charles 14 John.

Now I can put my hooves up, and read something nice. Some Hammett and whisky would be a good pairing.

Dashiell Hammett, author?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Dashiell Hammett, author?

Yes, for him and Chandler, I have the Library of America editions. They are awesome as they have the full collected texts, and even some commentary on publication.

I hope one day Mickey Spillane will also get the same treatment.

• Like 3

I'm on a roll! 3/4 big boxes from the Salvage-event gave me this:

20231214192622_1.thumb.jpg.cabd025f6c3e3fc9613d7500e9adb099.jpg

Edited by Fatal_Ramses
  • Like 7

Extremely lucky today, my best 20 Mega pack ever.

6 ships, do not even care about the rest. That they are high tier is ofc that is the only ships left. Thougt I may have to buy two sets but now of the 7 remaining ships only Numancia remains when I did a quick glance. If I do not get her in the remaining events crates in BP, DY etc so be it.

Box 1 Alm Grau, 8 Sun YatSen 10 Velos 11 Alliance 13 Halford 14 Nottingham. That is absurd luck!

image.png.a53e94ee3d7141b5143ee1b146cee357.png

image.png.2e8964b963cdb9a6a7a43d2712f9ba36.png

image.png.cbf3eb46a11ae900d5d5942aabf588aa.png

image.png.c00e1145f4dfa6c24e5bdc06488dbff7.png

image.png.911f061c9a2e1ab3f6f3544cedafbcbd.png

image.png.570d526f2e0d3765485b06da46ac3ac4.png

• Like 7

So besides my earlier post......

Today I pulled a Santa's Gift from the Magical Nights in the Armory.

On opening it:

shot-23.12.14_16.38.00-0667.jpg

• Like 5

Sped my way through a T9 and got another T10 ship so I could trade 5 tickets in for a mega crate. At least its a ship and will not be in the drop list for the future.

WoW_SantaL_Lazo.jpg

• Like 4

Last night got from free 3 small crates 500 dubs, Poltava, and blue eco credit bonus. Invest that 500 dubs + 1 ticket in 3 small containers and got flags for heal, 2500 coal and 30 days of premium time 😄 

• Like 3

On 12/13/2023 at 1:35 AM, tocqueville8 said:

Screenshot(1471).thumb.png.d4e839c4239c142c013cfa4ec6f3d01c.png

It was only a matter of time...😒

I am not the only one who got Makarov this year 🤣😂

• Like 3

On 12/8/2023 at 2:15 PM, tocqueville8 said:

Screenshot(1393).thumb.png.cd347ce2285c36950a9f35da0af32b79.png

Unfortunately, a lot of the filler so far has been credits, camos and free cpt. xp. A small crate's worth of flags is better than a mega's worth of credits, for instance.

Still, here's a 2nd ship after 12 mega and 11 small boxes, all of them free.

LOL if we are get same ships (Makarov, Poltava)...😅 ... maybe your's next ship could be Congress (I got him between Makarov and Poltava) 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, WildWind84 said:

if we are get same ships (Makarov, Poltava)...

We're probably getting the same ships because we were both wise enough not to get them for doubloons 😒

• Haha 3

Continuing on from my previous post here....Took a chance on three Megas:

image.thumb.png.63bc54bea70c79c0874ee1569b7ceb77.png

Karl XIV Johan! I kinda really like the look of this ship! 😄

• Like 8

Opened 70 total megas but already had almost all of the low tier drops so YMMV:

Brisbane, Colossus, Trashcan 39, Alvaro de Bazan, Tulsa, Odin, Aquila, WV44, Bearn, Leipzeg, Dupleix, Toulon, Tokachi, and Rio. Also got 7500 dubs. 

Only ship I’m missing now from the rare list is Fujin, but I have both Kamikazes and I’m missing a handful from the 8-9 list, so I think I’m done there. Hope everyone has good luck!

• Like 3

6 mega so far:

Collingwood & Tiger 59 ( one I had mild interest in & 1 on my never buy list).  Also 4.5 million credits & 200k ECXP. 

Edited by S7CentNickel
Missing word
  • Like 2

Well, after 68 assorted crates, I've got the last possible ship:

20231217Alliance.thumb.png.bf5f1231ecde269144613bd0cdfc8a8d.png

Normally, a submarine would make me mutter about the devil vomiting on my eiderdown, but in this case I can't complain: RNGesus held off until the submarine was the very last ship I didn't have. Fair play...

• Like 4