Update 12.11 - Post Your Santa's Gifts!

Frostbow

Just got a Tirpitz from one of the free Santa's Gift containers gotten through the Holidays in Santa City event. I have not opened any of the Santa's Big Gift containers or the Santa's Mega Gift containers yet.

image.thumb.png.9ab637d206ffe4cef92e80ccd21bc238.png

• Like 7

I WON A SHIP IN A SANTA'S GIFT CONTAINER!!!!

Oh, wait, I don't play CVs. Happy to get those captain grinder flags though.

Chkalov win container.jpg

• Like 3

Well, remember folks, this is a gamble. Bought 2x 8 Mega crates. Sometimes you win something nice, but sometimes you get this, as from the last 8 Megas:

image.png.b39589578cd0bc62a89630e5a3a6a64c.png

From the other 8 crates: (no pic as I restarted the game afterward).

~2 million credits, ~20 blue boosters, some XP (forgot how much -I think 100k), some other boosters (blue) Crispy Cream (Tier V) and 180 days premium.

You might not always end up with what you would like to have, so gamble only if you have the cash to spare.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

23 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Sometimes you win something nice, but sometimes you get this

Credits and free cpt. xp, in those amounts, are mildly infuriating. The blue booster drop allows to make that several times over, easily.

25 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Crispy Cream (Tier V)

I was pretty annoyed to get the Hill last year from 5 mega crates (premium battle pass), since she's also available for coal. Or Siroco in the Anniversary. I'm glad I finally got all the Tier 5s, mostly with Community Tokens: they just drag down the value of these drops, otherwise...

• Like 1

@tocqueville8 Yep. You'd think a better way would be to ensure a minimum win of a ship at 50% of paid amount. The rest of the stuff really feels like overestimated value. I wouldn't ever ever buy xp or credits or blue boosters for money. Well, now I obviously have... lol!

I'm not upset, I wouldn't gamble and not be prepared to lose, but it isn't exactly the Christmas present I'll want to remember....

• Like 1

7 free Mega's from snowflakes.....

100k commander xp

2.2 mil credits

20x 160% credits

2 x 12500 coal

20x 800% ship xp

T7 CL London.

I swear the game knows what you dont need....and thats what you get. Ship XP is almost useless to me as I have most T10's already. Credits pile up faster than I can count as I play a lot of OPs in Kaga and make 600-900k per match.

If WeeGee really wanted to make $, they'd release all the friggen ships on the list and let us buy what we wanted for cash! Im buyin jack squat lol, there is no value in gambling for what they are offering on the exceedingly slim chance of getting a ship I'll actually use.

Edited by hipcanuck
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

I didn't realised that this is possible.

Qy3MKea.png

cap_haloween.gif

Exoert level trolling.....

Yeah the camos, flags, and bonuses keep me from actually spending money on crates which is great. Got more money in my pocket.

I do farm the freebies and so far it has been a port slot, some premium time, signals, and bonuses. I just unlocked the three small gifts stage of the holiday event just before getting the Scharnhorst 43. In one of those I got the Duplex which is actually one of a few ships I really want. Was very happy with that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Well, remember folks, this is a gamble. Bought 2x 8 Mega crates. Sometimes you win something nice, but sometimes you get this, as from the last 8 Megas:

~2 million credits, ~20 blue boosters, some XP (forgot how much -I think 100k), some other boosters (blue) Crispy Cream (Tier V) and 180 days premium.

You might not always end up with what you would like to have, so gamble only if you have the cash to spare.

Ouch ... that's painful and one of my fears regarding the mega crates. Like you, I expect to get about 8 mega crates from my certificates plus whatever I get for free and from the post progression.

Credits and camos should not be in these crates.

Edited by CFagan_1987
  • Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 11:47 AM, Aethervox said:

Why? It's all a scam by WG to try to keep their crap going.

To be fair, Wargaming has thoroughly explained the mechanics of their Santa Gifts. After the dumpster fire they made with the Makarov, they atoned for their sins, with contrite hearts beating to the sound of their cash registers. 

On 12/8/2023 at 6:41 PM, Scrubby_McScrub said:

Have opened 14 megas, 1 large, and one regular from the tier 10 certificates. Pulled 5 ships!

Halford

Scarlet Thunder

Numancia

Alliance

Colossus

Very nice haul. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Yes, this whole thing is gambling. Some will get the major prizes (in this case the premium ships), while some will get the minor prizes. But all who purchase Santa Gifts (ironic—a gift is supposed to be freely given, not purchased) will still pay the same price.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, tocqueville8 said:

I was pretty annoyed to get the Hill last year from 5 mega crates (premium battle pass), since she's also available for coal. Or Siroco in the Anniversary. I'm glad I finally got all the Tier 5s, mostly with Community Tokens: they just drag down the value of these drops, otherwise...

If the goal is to get ships that are only available through Santa's Gifts, I think a workaround would be to get as many ships one can get for Coal, Community Tokens, etc., so that the list of ships Santa will pick from gets shorter and shorter.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Frostbow said:

If the goal is to get ships that are only available through Santa's Gifts, I think a workaround would be to get as many ships one can get for Coal, Community Tokens, etc., so that the list of ships Santa will pick from gets shorter and shorter.

Of course, but at the time I was still missing so many from the Tier 5-7 pool (40 or so) that I thought it wouldn't be worth it. Also,I was buying captains for coal instead of high-tier ships, so I felt I had to streamline things...

• Like 1

I have most of the Premium ships, but lack alot of the recent ones dropped within the last year or so.

Haven't pulled the trigger on buying any boxes, so any box I opened was free, so its been a mix of the reg Santa's gift and the Mega Gift. Maybe 15-20 dropped, mostly boosters, free xp and a few Dubs.

Only one ship pulled: Velos

shot-23_12.08_21_52.47-0805.thumb.jpg.a5eaee2a91419ad45b4c4af10f2556e6.jpg

Update: Pulled another ship around noon from the Mega Gift: Tashkent 39

shot-23_12.10_11_58.16-0313.thumb.jpg.764242aa9df127cb59a03bf934a8b174.jpg

Update to the Update:

Knocked off more flakes, picked up another free mega crate 5:30ish : Sun Yat-sen
shot-23_12.10_17_29.11-0358.thumb.jpg.11d95ca93c9a42718db84628c7b77ba2.jpg

Edited by Lord_Slayer
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, tocqueville8 said:

Also, I was buying captains for coal instead of high-tier ships, so I felt I had to streamline things...

I did the same thing before, and it proved to be a wise decision. I felt that having the captains first was more fulfilling than getting ships left and right. 

I got lucky today again (like every year tbh so by now I don't really consider it luck anymore, if you buy enough crates you always get huge value for your money). This time I was really lucky though, as I actually got exactly the one rare ship I wanted the most.

I cashed in my Bday-coupon at max, so got me 100K dubs. First bought the remainig few TierV-VII so I wouldn't waste Satan boxes on them. Then bought two batches of 42 mega boxes (because you know, 42 is the answer).

First batch:

shot-23_12.10_12_46.47-0954.thumb.jpg.aa5b5528940839da75a5edee279c6d0d.jpg

So so, not really a ship I have really been wanting except maybe Atago, but 12K dubs and a healthy amount of those blue boosters I really need.

Second batch:

shot-23_12.10_12_47.40-0453.thumb.jpg.e7ecf1dc00c41097df1a8853b34432c9.jpg

This was the motherlode for me, because... Lenin! Thats the one rare ship I really really wanted (even more than Musashi) and I got it! And Georgia is a nice sidekick to it, will work great in asymmetrics I guess. More dubs and good boosters too.

Now I am stuck with 32K dubs still, prolly gonna shell out those for another 42 boxes eventually after I got all the freebies. There is no better value for money in this game than satan boxes (at least if ships and boosters are the things you seek, which is true for me), IF you buy enough of them.

Thank you Santa for a nice birthday present.

Edited by Kruzenstern
  • Like 4

These are my megacrate results plus a got a SunYetsen in a small crate friday. Tier 8&9 steel to work on now. 483 botes in port. Good luck mates

shot-23.12.10_11.52.54-0477.jpg

• Like 2

From the 8K bundle chain (8K well spent) three ships - Tiers V,VI,VII - and a bunch of other stuff.

Among them, Ise.  Everybody gets an Ise.   /suss

8 hours ago, Frostbow said:

Yes, this whole thing is gambling. Some will get the major prizes (in this case the premium ships), while some will get the minor prizes. But all who purchase Santa Gifts (ironic—a gift is supposed to be freely given, not purchased) will still pay the same price.

Well, no.  It's random results, but it's not really gambling. You don't lose your money as you would making a bet -- you always get something of value.  Okay, you got a washer/dryer while the car was behind door #3.  That is not losing.

17 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Well, no.  It's random results, but it's not really gambling. You don't lose your money as you would making a bet -- you always get something of value.  Okay, you got a washer/dryer while the car was behind door #3.  That is not losing.

It is still gambling, and we can agree to disagree.

• Like 1

OK I cashed in the stage 1-9 rewards for 9 small (nothing) + 5 certs. Together with my 85 Certs from T10s I exchanged those for 18 Megas. I was happy for the haul many credits but 3 ships in 18 is OK + 180 days. Now when you look at my ships I have a port that makes no drops possible below T8 every ship below that is already in port.

T9 S, Thunder ( Box 7) T8 Schill (11) and T8 Colossus (15). 3 x2250K Credits 3x 100 K Elite, 5xblue , 2xred and 1 Ny Camo.

image.png.0addc3d23eeebefcb6adc57703bb828c.png

image.png.4d8b137985dc3c041a43aab0073d6e29.png

image.png.25de310d905e742a1714e4f3e06bc860.png

image.png.464f64cad141d764f5fe9e6670916c3b.png

• Like 4

Opened up the 9 small Santa crates from the first 10 stages and almost all of them were boosters or flags, I got 20,000 elite commander XP, and 2,500 coal. Same pattern as the various other crates I've gotten: mostly boosters and signal flags. I did get 7,500 coal from one of the big crates. 

I'm off to a bad start 😔

Edited by CFagan_1987
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CFagan_1987 said:

Opened up the 9 small Santa crates from the first 10 stages and almost all of them were boosters or flags, I got 20,000 elite commander XP, and 2,500 coal. Same pattern as the various other crates I've gotten: mostly boosters and signal flags. I did get 7,500 coal from one of the big crates. 

I'm off to a bad start 😔

image_2023-09-10_115655090.thumb.png.ac971005367bc774133fc4fd4414c33b.png

• Thanks 1