Update 12.11 - Post Your Santa's Gifts!

Frostbow

21 minutes ago, Scrubby_McScrub said:

But, I have that prior year, and no coincidence that I'm seeing the same pattern emerging. 

You seem to have no concept of what a suitable sample size is.

First, the declared odds are stacked in favor of lower tier ships.  That in no way precludes exceptions from happening.  What data points disprove your claim?  I have personally received a rare ship, HMS Belfast, in the midst of mostly Tier V-VII acquisitions.  Is that enough to disprove it?

• Like 1

I mostly only paid attention to the good and the bad drops. Opened I think 2 freebie santa containers and 2 megas from the tickets my small amount of tX ships got me. The good, I got the Huron, I certainly won't complain about a t7 premium of any sort. The bad, 5 new years sky camos. Other than that I recall a decent amount of some blue booster and something else that didn't really register so probably some xp of some variety or a small lot of credits.

Oh and now 3 containers from the stage thing, 500 doubloons, a port slot, and some CXP, not bad.

Edited by Darlith

Free small Santa box in armory:

shot-23_12.06_18_07.05-0326.thumb.jpg.abd47cf9dc97abf2fa33d6e68a094a8d.jpg

First Mega for five T10 snowflake tickets:

shot-23_12.06_23_08.35-0992.thumb.jpg.acd0e29dfed058795e31e8b28a099826.jpg

I seriously thought about whether to cough up dubs for this one during her event, but decided she was too close in specs to Nurnberg to spend the money.  As with the Makarov, which was only VERY rarely for sale in the premium shop before WG threw her at everyone, this is a ship I'm not at all unhappy to have in my port - especially so in this case because the container was free of charge!

• Like 3

Just finished blowing off the flakes from tier 10s via Asymmetric battles.  Made it very easy. Had 75 tier 10s I think, so got 15 Megas. I also picked up 6 from from those sequential bundles in the armory, plus earned some extra certificates from various other means, so ended up with 22 total Mega containers. Had 10 small, and one big.  Here is my haul so far.

Mega: Got three ships, including Dalian, West Virginia '44 and Lepzig. Satisfied with my haul over all.

shot-23_12.06_21_36.20-0189.thumb.jpg.051e516b675d135a6f64ca2b87b120b5.jpg

The single Big Gift container: Meh, lol.

shot-23_12.06_21_35.52-0105.thumb.jpg.342f3f057731dc1f7cbba29bffe02da5.jpg

And the 10 small gift containers: Could have been worse.

shot-23_12.06_21_35.27-0799.thumb.jpg.0fd4ffe1b71517cba140100c9b1075d6.jpg

6 hours ago, verkhne said:

so I bought 20 megas as well, havent opened them yet.

My question is with the store you get 100 Christmas Tokens ( shaped like a tree) but I dont see them in my port? Where do i find them?

Late response but you can spend it at a section dedicated for it at your armoury for christmas permanent camouflages. Seems pretty decent! 

image.thumb.png.d8cf64390e275c451313855cc38098bc.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scrubby_McScrub said:

I can tell you that is a crock too. There was one year I bought $1,000 worth of containers. Had a great work year. Bonuses galore. Splurged.

I pulled many ships out of those containers and pulled them from low tier to high tier, in order, with the rares being dead last. 2 last ones to drop were Missouri and Nikolai.

I only pulled 3 ships this year, but wouldn't ya know, low tier to high tier, again. 

I listed my Crates in the order I opened them.  The Tiers were all over the place. See for yourself in my post.

• Like 1

My haul.
From ten Mega gifts for my 50 tier tens. I did all of these in Asymmetric Battles and for the most part broke my 1K bxp threshold (for having 300 ships) so it didn't take very long. That, I am grateful for. However, having dropped some of my hoarded dubs for enough extra slots to reach 300, I'm now poor. I sort of expected to make some of those back. Silly me...

(in order received)

1. 100k ECXP

2. 12,500 coal

3. 25 New Year Sky camos...

4. 2,250,000 credits

5. T8 Indomitable RN CV (I don't play CVs... last year I got a Sub... don't play those either, lol)

6. 25 New Year Sky camos...

7. 20 Blue FXP boosters

8. 20 Blue FXP boosters...

9. 100k ECXP

10. T7 Huron DD (might play in Ops, dunno)

From other small gifts for the login / gingerbread thing.

25X Sierra Bravos
1 Vacant Slot
5 New Year Sky camos...

Overall rating, meh. In the past I'd usually get enough premium time to last the next year, some dubs and maybe a low tier ship. I guess the "economy" is top priority now. Go figure...

I really feel sorry for anyone that pays real money for these. Perhaps their drop % gets better though. 

So now that the "excitement" is over, I'll slow grind the rest of my coal and steel. I will surely have more time to spend with the family over the holidays! 😄

• Like 1

13 various santa containers 

W virgina 44 Brisbane and CV colossus ( i dont play CV's ( very well )) 

7,500 total dubs 

2 port slots (as if i need damn more port slots )

the rest crap 

So far...

1 x Free Santa Gift Container/Gingerbread Armory thing

• 12 x Credits +40%

12 x Megas from my Tier 10s

• 2,500 doubloons
  • 20 x Free Exp +2400%
  • 2,250,000 credits
  • K. Schönberg (Tier 6 German Destroyer)
  • 20 x Free Exp +2400%
  • 20 x Commander XP +800%
  • Weimar (Tier 7 German Light Cruiser)
  • 2,250,000 credits
  • 20 x Commander XP +800%
  • 7 x Free Exp +7200%
  • 2,500 doubloons
  • 20 x Ship XP +800%

Dockyard so far...

2 x Santa Gift Container

• 20,000 Elite Commander Exp
  • München (Tier 7 German Light Cruiser)

Daily Login Container

2 x Santa Gift Container

• 400,000 Credits
  • Rochester (Tier 8 US Heavy Cruiser)

Mega From Code

• 20 X Free Exp +2400%

Holiday in Santa City so far...

6 x Santa Gift Container

• 20,000 Elite Commander Exp
  • 25 x India X-Ray flags
  • 3 x Free Exp +2400%
  • 5 x New Year Cammo
  • 12 x Commander XP +200%
  • Juruá (Tier 6 Brazilian Destroyer)

All in all, im pleased with what i got. The premium ships are always welcome and the 5000 doubloons i got plus my 1600 doubloons i already had was enough to buy the 5 phases starter pack for the dockyard which ironically i had zero interest in but, what the hell ill try and finish the thing.

Will update as more containers will be opened in the future...

Edited by Sidelock
  • Like 2

71 mega crates opened in total, some with leftover doubloons and some with doubloons that were dropped from the crates themselves. 60 were bought directly, 6 from the sequential bundles and 5 from new years certificates so far

Before I opened the crates, I purchased Rio de Janeiro from the armory so it wouldn't appear in the drops

ships dropped:

• V Exeter
  • V Agincourt
  • VI Molotov
  • VI Mysore
  • VI Mutsu
  • VI Jurua
  • VI Leipzig
  • VII West Virginia 44 (seems like everyone is getting this one)
  • VII Huron
  • VII Belfast
  • VII Leningrad
  • VII Poltava
  • VII Florida
  • VIII Cheshire
  • IX Jaeger

WV'44 was one of the ships I wanted and am glad to get it in one of my first crates. Florida is also a nice addition.

Out of the rare ships, Belfast and Enterprise were the ones I was looking at the most, and glad got one of them.

I didn't really mind what ships I got from the boxes aside from those select few, so looking to try some of them out. Huron in particular looks fun.

• Like 2

Well, I've just used some doubloons to obtain a few Mega containers and I've received Leipzig and WV44. Not displeased, both very serviceable ships - isn't WV44 a secondary monster in the Oklahoma / Mass style?  That said, I think lots of WoWS players will be receiving those this year with the drop chances the way they are. Tier VI/VII premiums definitely seem to be event padding these days.

Edited by invicta2012
  • Like 1

All I'm seeing are expendable camos, signal flags and silver. I know if I'd bought a mega gift and got 25 expendable camos I would be feeling a little miffed about it.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Efros said:

All I'm seeing are expendable camos, signal flags and silver. I know if I'd bought a mega gift and got 25 expendable camos I would be feeling a little miffed about it.

How about 2X 25 camos? lol

Boy, sure wish I'd got the WV like everyone else...

• Confused 1

I knocked the snowflakes off of my handful of tier Xs and received enough coupons for two mega-containers. I got some commander XP enhancements and a tier V "special" Premium that I thought I'd probably never play. However, I took it out just now just to give it the benefit of the doubt and did this.

image.thumb.png.2096de2ecd34cd1cdbd33af6e54248f5.png

• Like 4

The first four of my free snowflake Mega Crates each dropped a ship: Krasny Krym, P. Bagration, Leipzig, and Abruzzi, in that order.

…Maybe this is a sign I should start playing cruisers more often.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, richie_macrophage said:
  • VI Leipzig
  • VII West Virginia 44 (seems like everyone is getting this one)

These two ships are going to be quite common drops. They are new ships that were only briefly available during events earlier this year (meaning many players don’t have them) while also belonging to the most common ship drop category (12% of the Mega crate’s 16% chance to drop a ship is allocated to the tier V-VII pool).

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

These two ships are going to be quite common drops. They are new ships that were only briefly available during events earlier this year (meaning many players don’t have them) while also belonging to the most common ship drop category (12% of the Mega crate’s 16% chance to drop a ship is allocated to the tier V-VII pool).

First MegA from certificates.....what do yo know, a WV '44. Happy with that and confidently expect sfa from the 6 or so Megas I will get from certs etc. 

22 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

Bet you can't guess what was in THIS batch 

Oh, the moment you said that, I knew. 😁

• Haha 1

15 small crates+ 2 regular daily containers :

containers.jpg

All for free.

Edited by Latouche_Treville

7 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

That said, I think lots of WoWS players will be receiving those this year with the drop chances the way they are.

Believe it or not, you aren't actually entitled to a high-value, rare, or banned-as-F OP ship.

• Bored 3

41 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Oh, the moment you said that, I knew. 😁

Bumped me just above 7 years now.  🤪