Update 12.11 - Post Your Santa's Gifts!

Frostbow

image.thumb.png.12db5d995ef2da06c2ca736007bc5b37.png

This was my pity drop from the battle pass. It's just a fletcher. I already have black, so this goes into the "never play" category.

• Like 5

Hi all,

Pretty disappointed thus far... 3x Tier VI (all rather mediocre) and 1x Tier VIII CV... I will get one more ship from "Guaranteed Drop" for the "Santa's Big Gift Container" till the end of the season but it is rather bad... the "Mega" crates were particularly bad with no Doubloons at all...

shot-23_12.25_21_28.59-0778.thumb.jpg.0adefa787927bbadf0f139826aac4658.jpg

shot-23_12.25_21_29.25-0240.thumb.jpg.bd4d0f9b0e21f12e32f66066058e2db6.jpg

shot-23_12.25_21_32.03-0978.thumb.jpg.2718a413d12515e91f4b32291ffa4bf5.jpg

Containers obtained - current status:

"Santa's Mega Gift Container" = 22
"Santa's Big Gift Container" = 8
"Santa's Gift Container" = 39

Guaranteed Drop - current status:

"Santa's Mega Gift Container" = 1/15
"Santa's Big Gift Container" = 23/27
"Santa's Gift Container" = 0/100

22x "Santa's Mega Gift Container":
-> 20x Credits +160% Bonus
-> 7x Commander XP +1,600%
-> 12.500 Coal
-> 12.500 Coal
-> Molotov Tier VI
-> 20x Ship XP +800%
-> 100.000 Free XP
-> 12.500 Coal
-> 12.500 Coal
-> 7x Ship XP +1,600%
-> 20x Credits +160%
-> 2.250.000 Credits
-> 20x Free XP +2,400%
-> 20x Commander XP +800%
-> 20x Free XP +2,400%
-> 12.500 Coal
-> 20x Free XP +2,400%
-> Colossus Tier VIII
-> 20x Ship XP +800%
-> Mysore Tier VI

8x "Santa's Big Gift Container":
-> 10x Free XP +2.400% Bonus
-> 10x Ship XP +800% Bonus
-> 90 Days of "Warship Premium Account"
-> 1.350.000 Credits
-> 1.500 Doubloons
-> 10x Free XP +2.400% Bonus
-> 7.500 Coal
-> 10x Ship XP +800% Bonus

39x "Santa's Gift Container":
-> 12x Free XP +600% Bonus
-> 12x Ship XP +200% Bonus
-> 20.000 Free XP
-> 3x Commander XP +800% Bonus
-> 25x "Sierra Bravo" Signal Flags
-> 400.000 Credits
-> 25x "Victor Lima" Signal Flags
-> 500 Doubloons
-> 3x Ship XP +800% Bonus
-> 400.000 Credits
-> 25x "X-Ray Papa Unaone" Signal Flags
-> 25x "India X-Ray" Signal Flags
-> 12x Credits +40% Bonus
-> 20.000 Free XP
-> 5x "New Year Sky" cammo
-> 500 Doubloons
-> 3x Free XP +2.400% Bonus
-> 500 Doubloons
-> 25 "Sierra Mike" Signal Flags
-> 25x "Victor Lima" Signal Flags
-> 20.000 Free XP
-> 400.000 Credits
-> 25x "X-Ray Papa Unaone" Signal Flags
-> 2.500 Coal
-> 3x Free XP +2.400% Bonus
-> 60.000 Elite Commander XP
-> 12x Commander XP +200% Bonus
-> 500 Doubloons
-> 1x Vacant Port Slot
-> 1x Vacant Port Slot
-> Ise Tier VI

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 6

On 12/13/2023 at 10:46 PM, thornzero said:

post edit, about an hour before I made this post some one sent me 8x santa gifts

@Santa_Sinks_Ships been at it again, you think? Congrats on the gifts! And here's to hoping your remaining containers drop something 🎁 awesome!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/24/2023 at 9:31 PM, Ocsimano18 said:

Have you found any use of this ship?

Meh.

The ballistics are nice, but at mid tiers I'd rather have the smoke. German HE is reliable, but anemic. German AP is good, but only DPM-wise: it's standard angles, standard dispersion and pretty standard penetration, so not really a mini-Elbing...

Edited by tocqueville8

I now realize that I completely forgot to take screen shots of Santa crates bearing ships, my apologies.  Out of all the Santa crates of all differing levels that I have opened I received six (6) premium ships.

T7 West Virginia '44, Yudachi and FR25

T6 Bearn and Dupleix

T5 Fujin

The tier 7 and 6 ships all came from Big Santa crates and the Fujin came from one of the three Mega Santa crates at the end of the "Holidays in Santa City".

I still have not used the resource coupon that reset earlier this month and if I wanted to, after using the coupon, I could get a second steel ship at full price.  The problem is I have no idea which ship(s) I want of those still available.  I REEEEEEEE-ally wish Somers was still in the armory, but it isn't.

Asides from those two ships the only other way I will get any more certificates is the recurring reward in the "Holidays in Santa City", so I might not be done with Santa crates.

Edited by Kaiserliche_garde
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, tocqueville8 said:

Meh.

The ballistics are nice, but at mid tiers I'd rather have the smoke. German HE is reliable, but anemic. German AP is good, but only DPM-wise: it's standard angles, standard dispersion and pretty standard penetration, so not really a mini-Elbing...

I played one match in operations, and could not figure out any advantages of this ship. The torps are short range, and not fast to reload. The guns have a long reload time, and hard to make much damage with them. Although I was mainly shooting HE, but you mentioned that there are no improved angles on AP… I might try her once more in a random match where the heal might be more useful in DD vs DD fights.

Damn, only ship i want is the Jäger, but sadly even that is not going to happen after a shitty IRL 2023.

Was hoping for some "good luck" with opening free crates, but WG said NO. :classic_ohmy:

I am spending all my money on my Wife who is battling illness/health problems, so that she has a nice Christmas and hopefully a better year in 2024. :classic_unsure:

• Like 10

This year was a bit disappointing compared to last year in terms of ship drops. Of my 25 mega crates the vast majority were credits.

I got 4 ships (2 from the 10 big crates and 2 from the 25 mega crates):

• Agir
  • California 
  • FR25
  • K Schonberg

Other drops of note were 2,500 doubloons twice, 12,500 coal twice, and 90 days of premium time. Like I said, there's waaaaay too many credit drops.

• Like 6

Small Christmas container via Premium pass. I like it and may also add that I'm more than satisfied regarding the different kind of ships I have received so far. 

Bilde_2023-12-27_082831328.png

• Like 5

And another DD. The eighth so far that I received out of different Christmas crates. This Mega - container was purchased with 5 Christmas certificates. 

Bilde_2023-12-28_112934203.png

Edited by OT2_2
  • Like 3

On 12/26/2023 at 7:09 PM, Andrewbassg said:

Leipzig.png

Umm.....ook. At least its not a Cv....

You'd best keep that one away from Admiral Hipper... they tend to tangle!

• Haha 1

On 12/25/2023 at 11:24 AM, Subtle_Octavian said:

This was my pity drop from the battle pass. It's just a fletcher. I already have black, so this goes into the "never play" category.

Velos is actually the crazy fast gunboat with insane ROF version of the Fletcher. It's entertaining to knife fight for caps when you have 2x the DPM of your opponent (although not so entertaining for them)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SureBridge said:

You'd best keep that one away from Admiral Hipper... they tend to tangle!

It was Prinz Eugen that nearly split Leipzig in half with her bow in 1944.

Admiral Hipper is well-known for having survived a collision with HMS Gloworm. The latter’s captain was posthumously awarded the Victoria Cross partly on the recommendation of Hipper’s captain, who wrote to the British Admiralty via the Red Cross.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2

Honestly, the only ships I wanted from the Christmas event were the Duplex, Elli, and the Leipzig. I got the Duplex from one of my first Christmas crates, the Elli I got with coal of course.  From other assorted crates I got the WV 44, Hyuga, Giuseppe Verdi, and the Schonberg. Figured I was all done, just had a few certificates left and haven't been playing all that much. Today got two more certs, enough to buy one mega so gambled and won. Got the Leipzig! 

I had also gotten some doubloons out of a crate so threw those at the event to get the two unique captains and the Stord 43. All that along with the Scharnhorst 43 and I say it was pretty successful event where I did not have to spend any cash. All the doubloons I spent were farmed free in game.  

• Like 3

image.thumb.png.e4432a32dc62288b0f34ee61da435d60.png

Came from a free large present. Strange ship, the gimmick only works if you don't shoot and hide for a minute.

• Like 2

image.thumb.png.1c45c1bbc512aec8d2805ad6c72bac42.png

Sadly this came from my only mega, it's all the vulnerability of the nelson combined with the shit damage of a shimanto.

• Like 2

On 12/25/2023 at 8:22 PM, Kaiserliche_garde said:

I now realize that I completely forgot to take screen shots of Santa crates bearing ships, my apologies.  Out of all the Santa crates of all differing levels that I have opened I received six (6) premium ships.

T7 West Virginia '44, Yudachi and FR25

T6 Bearn and Dupleix

T5 Fujin

The tier 7 and 6 ships all came from Big Santa crates and the Fujin came from one of the three Mega Santa crates at the end of the "Holidays in Santa City".

I still have not used the resource coupon that reset earlier this month and if I wanted to, after using the coupon, I could get a second steel ship at full price.  The problem is I have no idea which ship(s) I want of those still available.  I REEEEEEEE-ally wish Somers was still in the armory, but it isn't.

Asides from those two ships the only other way I will get any more certificates is the recurring reward in the "Holidays in Santa City", so I might not be done with Santa crates.

I was able to get one more Mega Santa container and it gave me T7 Maya.  I am VERY happy with my haul this year with seven ships.

shot-23.12.31_05.02.56-0515.jpg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

Sadly this came from my only mega, it's all the vulnerability of the nelson combined with the shit damage of a shimanto.

From a PvE-perspective, it combines the excellent gunnery of the Nelson (easy to keep all turrets on target at all times) with the anti-broadside-dpm of a heavy cruiser and smoke. It is no Tallinn or Bayard, but it is quite good in Operations.

• Like 1