Update 12.11 - Post Your Santa's Gifts!

Frostbow

image.thumb.png.b54a1918fe09a5084b042c8852ad2731.png

It's that time of the year when once again when all is calm, all is bright, and the snowflakes are falling! There are lots of stuff to be earned in what is undeniably the most wonderful update of the year. 

Let's post here what Santa has given, be it Economic Bonuses, Doubloons, Coal, Steel, and of course—the reason why we get Santa Containers—Ships!

May the best of luck and the best of the season warm not only your virtual ports, but also your real life homes! 

image.thumb.png.5e12f70bd06edd62a12f8fe5eb62512e.png

Just make sure you've been nice, not naughty, or else Santa will cut your precious with that huge scissor! 

Merry Christmas!

image.thumb.png.9baabf91846da3b43b601bb2417cd22c.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Bored 1

*opens prem shop 42377076-B1B3-4EAD-9857-53B0AF37D13E.gif

*checks realm Smile_unsure.gif.5c9a19dff1d657c6e5a1856

meeeeh Smile_sad.gif.bf59de37d8c35fdc9c5c93e225....

NJOY there 8894B97F-00ED-4D27-B896-7EC868D4089E.gif CAF207FC-4197-4D6D-93A9-604272B8A9CB.gifA48E2DD6-327E-4E69-B995-CD0955AA6217.gif

Edited by MrWastee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I got 12x FXP +600% bonuses from my free Santa Gift container.

Weren't there 2 free Santa containers last year??

• Like 1

Will edit as I open more over the course...

Santa's Gift x 8
(2 from daily login, 1 from the gingerbread thing, 2 from "Magical Nights", 3 from Holidays in Santa City)
1 x 500 doubloons
2 x 12 Green CXP bonuses
1 x 25 Sierra Mike Flags (Speed)
1 x 25 Victor Lima Flags (Fire and Flooding Chance)
1 x 12 Green Credit bonuses
1 x 20000 CXP
1 x 2500 coal

Santa's Mega Gift x 2
(1 from code, 1 from snowflakes)
1 x 2.25m credits
1 x 20 Blue credit bonuses

Edited by Tricericon
update
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Slammer58 said:

I got 12x FXP +600% bonuses from my free Santa Gift container.

Weren't there 2 free Santa containers last year??

The other is hidden behind an armory minigame. See 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

By various means, I got 3 Santa's Gift containers (they're the small ones), this morning.

Upon opening them, I received ...
~30 days premium account time
~20,000 CommanderXP
~Twelve "green" economic boosters for CommanderXP +200%

• Like 2

I bought 20 megas. Got 2 ships. WV 44 and Nottingham. Got 2500 Doubs that I rolled into 2 more megas and pulled the Almirante Grau. 

WG is up to their tricks again with dropping low tier ships first before they will drop higher tiers. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Scrubby_McScrub said:

I bought 20 megas. Got 2 ships. WV 44 and Nottingham. Got 2500 Doubs that I rolled into 2 more megas and pulled the Almirante Grau. 

WG is up to their tricks again with dropping low tier ships first before they will drop higher tiers. 

Santa Mega containers have a 12% chance of dropping a tier V-VII ship and only a 3% chance of dropping a tier VIII-IX ship. This means that without considering the contents of one’s port (and IIRC a container only “rerolls” to a higher tier category if you have all ships in the original category) one should expect lower tier ships to drop at a 4:1 ratio relative to higher tier ships. It can be argued that you’ve beaten the odds so far and have come out better than should be expected (although 22 is also a small sample size).

Since WG published drop rates for all their containers, we can be much more confident that they aren’t pulling the types of shenanigans they did in previous years (short lists, etc). Now that they have published proper odds, there can be severe legal penalties in a lot of jurisdictions if they deviate from them. The risk just isn’t worth the reward.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/contents-and-drop-rates-of-containers/

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 5

Not bad so far:

Got IX Scarlet Thunder from a free regular gift... big pleasant surprise 😄

Bought 20 containers and received VI Leipzig (first of course) 🙂, VII West Virginia '44 and VIII Nottingham.  Since it is 20 instead of 25 this year, that's a good haul.  Time to earn some free containers before I dip into the wallet again!

• Like 4

While not a container reward, strictly speaking ...
I completed the second level of the "Holidays In Santa City" equivalent of the "Battle Pass" and received Commander Aurora Di Natale (Italian ship compatible, "Lady Santa", 6 skill points) as a reward.

• Like 2

OK people who know will be SHOCKED to see that I opened 60 MEGA crates and NOT A SINGLE ON HAD PT!!!!!😁

Don't think your Crates will be like these unless you have almost  all the ships to begin with.  

The DUBS were a nice surprise. Got enough to buy over 20 more Megas. Nice !

Think I should?? Free Megas?? 🤪

It's crazy that I got more of what I didn't already have tons of.  Only one had Coal for example , I have over 2M already and that's before flakes.

These 60 are the only I will purchase with dubs. the rest will be free ones.

Well here is the crate by crate count.

UPDATE******************

I got the " FREE " extra  20 megas because I got 20K dubs out of the 60 crates and it paid for them with a bunch to spare.  They are posted below posted below the first list of 60.

This ends it for me as now I have ALL the ships on this years list. Now all the free CRATES are GRAVY 😎

@Ensign Cthulhu Bet you can't guess what was in THIS batch 🤣🤪 

aerhaqe5hqa35.thumb.png.77a8ddce7f4670b6fda8b9ce7491fbc1.png

SECOND BATCH*******************************

1.       20 B SXP

2.        180 PT! LOLOLOL

3.       2.25M CREDS

4.       2500 DUBS

5.       20 B FXP

6.       20 B SXP

7.       12.5k COAL

8.       ****** T-7 TASHKENT 39

9.       ****** T-8 SCHILL

10.   7 RED CREDS

11.   20 B FXP

12.   2500 DUBS

13.   20 B SHXP

14.   2.25M CREDS

15.   20 B SHXP

16.   20 B FXP

17.   20 B CMXP

18.   ****** T-8 COLOSSUS

19.   2.25M CREDS

20.   1250 STEEL

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Col_NASTY said:

OK people who know will be SHOCKED to see that I opened 60 MEGA crates and NOT A SINGLE ON HAD PT!!!!!😁

Don't think your Crates will be like these unless you have almost  all the ships to begin with.  

The DUBS were a nice surprise. Got enough to buy over 20 more Megas. Nice !

Think I should?? Free Magas?? 🤪

It's crazy that I got more of what I didn't already have tons of.  Only one had Coal for example , I have over 2M already and that's before flakes.

These 60 are the only I will purchase with dubs. the rest will be free ones.

Well here is the crate by crate count.

aerhaqe5hqa35.thumb.png.77a8ddce7f4670b6fda8b9ce7491fbc1.png

👍🙂

12 minutes ago, Col_NASTY said:

OK people who know will be SHOCKED to see that I opened 60 MEGA crates and NOT A SINGLE ON HAD PT!!!!!

What's the world coming to? 😂

42 minutes ago, Arcusaesopi said:

Since it is 20 instead of 25 this year, that's a good haul.

I distinctly remember buying my megas in lots of 20 last year. I'll see if I can dig out my written log.

1 hour ago, Frostbow said:

or else Santa will cut your precious with that huge scissor! 

NO! NOT MY PRECIOUSSSSSSS! 😱

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

What's the world coming to? 😂

I distinctly remember buying my megas in lots of 20 last year. I'll see if I can dig out my written log.

lol on the premium time!  I don’t think I got any from my 20 now that you mention it…

I don’t recall from last year so I’d be interested in what you find!  Pleased with my 3/20 but that is the expected amount 🙂

2 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Santa Mega containers have a 12% chance of dropping a tier V-VII ship and only a 3% chance of dropping a tier VIII-IX ship. This means that without considering the contents of one’s port (and IIRC a container only “rerolls” to a higher tier category if you have all ships in the original category) one should expect lower tier ships to drop at a 4:1 ratio relative to higher tier ships. It can be argued that you’ve beaten the odds so far and have come out better than should be expected (although 22 is also a small sample size).

Since WG published drop rates for all their containers, we can be much more confident that they aren’t pulling the types of shenanigans they did in previous years (short lists, etc). Now that they have published proper odds, there can be severe legal penalties in a lot of jurisdictions if they deviate from them. The risk just isn’t worth the reward.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/contents-and-drop-rates-of-containers/

I can tell you that is a crock too. There was one year I bought $1,000 worth of containers. Had a great work year. Bonuses galore. Splurged.

I pulled many ships out of those containers and pulled them from low tier to high tier, in order, with the rares being dead last. 2 last ones to drop were Missouri and Nikolai.

I only pulled 3 ships this year, but wouldn't ya know, low tier to high tier, again. 

• Haha 1

Ummm.....2500 coal from the gift Santa Container. No more as of yet, coz after pushing battle got kicked out and i can't log in as of yet...  

Well.....no comment.

In the first five Megas, I got the last two Premiums that I didnt have from the list - Halford and Scarlet Thunder. I think the only premium ships in the game that I lack are the ones Ill never get, Iwaki Alpha and Ark Beta (which i just missed in beta). 

Now onward to collect currency to give me some buffer after Kitakami in the Salvage event. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scrubby_McScrub said:

I can tell you that is a crock too. There was one year I bought $1,000 worth of containers. Had a great work year. Bonuses galore. Splurged.

I pulled many ships out of those containers and pulled them from low tier to high tier, in order, with the rares being dead last. 2 last ones to drop were Missouri and Nikolai.

I only pulled 3 ships this year, but wouldn't ya know, low tier to high tier, again. 

It's what the odds say will happen as @Nevermore135 points out... The years I've whaled big, I tried to buy out with in-game resources, as best I could, the lower tiers so that the 16% overall chance to pull a ship would give the upper level and rare boats sooner.  If you clear the lower boat prize level, that 12% gets re-apportioned to the upper tiers so it goes to 12% upper tiers and 4% T10 and "rares".

The one advantage of whaling santa crates is that if you keep up, you'll get them all and have far fewer "disappointment" boats.

Sorry you're disappointed, but eventually we'll all lose everything we own in pixels and then you can be happy you didn't whale MORE!!!

Please (for everyone) don't whale unless you can absolutely "excrement" the money away.

YMMV

4 hours ago, Scrubby_McScrub said:

You do not have a remotely large enough sample size to make that claim with any seriousness.

• Like 1

so I bought 20 megas as well, havent opened them yet.

My question is with the store you get 100 Christmas Tokens ( shaped like a tree) but I dont see them in my port? Where do i find them?

16 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

You do not have a remotely large enough sample size to make that claim with any seriousness.

But, I have that prior year, and no coincidence that I'm seeing the same pattern emerging.