What is your experience with reporting players for "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" (i.e. those who deliberately lose game)?

Leo_Apollo11

Hi all,

What is your experience with reporting players for "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" (i.e. those who deliberately lose game)?

I just had Ranked game where PINK player earned 6 (six) BaseXP doing nothing whole game - he was just hiding behind islands - just sailing from behind one island to another and hiding the whole match... 😬

Leo "Apollo11"

• Haha 5

If you want your report to matter, you have to actually make a CS ticket about it. Supposedly repeated examples being called out and bringing it to the attention of community managers actually gets those people meaningfully punished.

But docking them karma points most likely just lets them know they got under someone's skin.

• Like 3

IMOI pink players should be banned from Rank battles until they are no longer pink. Then the WoWS player can go into RB.

Edited by Tpaktop2_1 NA
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hi all,

8 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

If you want your report to matter, you have to actually make a CS ticket about it. Supposedly repeated examples being called out and bringing it to the attention of community managers actually gets those people meaningfully punished.

But docking them karma points most likely just lets them know they got under someone's skin.

Yes... I was thinking about just that... ticket... not just pointless Karma reduction...

Leo "Apollo11"

8 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

IMOI pink players should be banned from Rank battles until they are no longer pink. Then the WoWS player can go into RB.

The game gave up "individual responsibility" completely.  They got rid of Team Damage and all that went with "doing something wrong..."

Report them: it might make you feel better but it isn't going to prevent a player from being a Doofus......lol.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Yes... I was thinking about just that... ticket... not just pointless Karma reduction...

Leo "Apollo11"

Make a CS ticket for "colusion" and attach the replay file. Those get sorted out.

• Like 1

It's that time of year. Just wait till Flake time.

When all they have to do is yolo or torp and die to get a flake there are people who WILL do just that and play 10X as many games to hell with the team or objectives.

Hopefully the new rule of getting nothing for no input will help though.

@ArIskandir

UPDATE.. Just left a game where one of our DDS ( Paolo ) had an absolute meltdown at the start of the game so he told the RED team that he was just going to go sit at the border and do nothing because he wasn't getting the support he wanted.

Like 99.9999999% of these toddlers he LOLed when people said they were reporting him for throwing And he LOLed even HARDER when he knew a Ticket with a replay was going to WEEGEE.

THIS is how little people fear anything being done to them for these actions.

Remember the turtle? He did it with impunity for MONTHS.

• Like 6

I would like more than the 10 or so unsportsmanlike conduct reports one can hand out as 10 per day are not nearly enough.

As some say, a Customer Support ticket with replay & screenshot(s) is all one can do for the extremely egregious & obvious intentional screw your team players.

• Thanks 1
  • Bored 1

10 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

My experience:

I hit a button in game that says report.

....and that's pretty much about it.

9 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

We should have a thread about the game's most infamous players ....  I'll nominate unsinkable_lawyer to the list...

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

What...... months? You meant over a year, me thinks. And remember the great length of actions, by which he was protected.

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 1

There are few things that hit morale quite as badly as getting handed a game with a prolific troll that you know is out to throw the game in a carrier slot. And both teams know the guilty party is because they usually have been doing it on repeat as fast as possible for days at minimum. And all the in game reports in the world do absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gillhunter said:

None. People like that probably don't care about losing karma points.

If they even have some to begin with…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I just had Ranked game where PINK player earned 6 (six) BaseXP doing nothing whole game - he was just hiding behind islands - just sailing from behind one island to another and hiding the whole match... 😬

Leo "Apollo11"

I dont report players for anything. That’s the kind of thing a Karen does. I just carry harder. Snitches get torpedo’d. 

Edited by Type_93
  • Sad 1

On 12/5/2023 at 11:29 AM, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

It's actually easy to turn pink.  You just have to be dropped from the server during a game; or have a late load into a game - which always happens to me for the first few games after logging into the game.  
Plus the usual friendly fire, which doesn't matter anymore.

I really haven't experienced other team members purposefully trying to lose.  Lots of throws!  Lots of people who don't have the experience to make what seem to be easy decisions, and lots of mistakes being made (especially by me ()

On 12/5/2023 at 2:06 PM, Col_NASTY said:

It's that time of year. Just wait till Flake time.

I'm seeing pink players in most of my matches now that snowflake season has started.

• Like 1

There is an increase in the number of players whose ships don't load in (the rear turrets do not move all game). Either they are all having technical issues, or they are choosing to exit the game when they load into the team screen. They can't really be blamed for the first, but the second is deliberate griefing (and relying on the team to carry the win so they can get the snowflake for zero effort).

ps. I do NOT care if it's a co-op game. But I DO care if it's Assym or Operations.

Edited by UnderTheRadarAgain

On 12/6/2023 at 11:26 AM, Type_93 said:

I dont report players for anything. That’s the kind of thing a Karen does. I just carry harder. Snitches get torpedo’d. 

And that is exactly why we need friendly fire back!  I want to EARN my pink!

• Haha 1

On 12/5/2023 at 8:00 PM, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

This is my point in regards to why I haven't touched Ranked in 4 years, its the bottom of the barrel, worse of the worse players and you will loose youre sanity trying to carry all of these to Gold league.

And the Pink guy you mention, he will soon me in Gold and Rank one carried by everyone else. ALL he has to do is to push "Battle" button enough times! Have fun!! 

3 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

This is my point in regards to why I haven't touched Ranked in 4 years, its the bottom of the barrel, worse of the worse players and you will loose youre sanity trying to carry all of these to Gold league.

And the Pink guy you mention, he will soon me in Gold and Rank one carried by everyone else. ALL he has to do is to push "Battle" button enough times! Have fun!! 

Hate to break it to you....but these days Random is way more toxic than ranked....

Folks are too busy being thankful for a reduced CV / sub environment....

Especially T7 right now.... rarely see inflammatory chat there....

Edited by YouSatInGum

For me, most unsportsmanlike reports go for chat misconduct.

Though I usually just report those in a CS ticket.

That actually does work...I once got tired of certain KotS clans who were famous for chat trolling...and I systematically reported the bad behavior in tickets and talked about it on Reddit.

The salt flew...but the clans fixed their behavior after about six months of ticket filing.

It was somewhat hilarious having clan leaders demanding I share the replays with them...and me pointing out that policing chat was WGs job...and if they didn't want WG sanctions, they needed to actually encourage good behavior.

Anyway, all that to say...don't waste reports except to vent personally.

If you actually want the behavior to stop, send tickets EVERY TIME to WG customer support.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2023 at 3:52 AM, YouSatInGum said:

Hate to break it to you....but these days Random is way more toxic than ranked....

Folks are too busy being thankful for a reduced CV / sub environment....

Especially T7 right now.... rarely see inflammatory chat there....

I wasn't talking about toxicity per say but more the skill level of the player. The notion that its less screams in chat in Ranked can be due to not really any good players caring enough to yell at bot teammates that either sit parked behind an islands all game pink or just trying to sail out thru the border all game... either that or maybe that fact that the games in Ranked is over even quicker than in Randoms, in Randoms you have quite a lot of time to see your teammates movement on the minimap, for instance, those 3 T10 BB sailing up that isolated corridor on North (?) map .... the map where even WG put in a huge Sign saying "NO BBS SHOULD GO HERE"! 

In Randoms you can be lucky if you have half the team with decent players, in Ranked youre lucky to find 1. 1 that even understands what the 3 circles are for.

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube