Waitaminute.....

Andrewbassg

4 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

subs can't be taken into training battles??

That would be disappointing.

2 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Whatnow, subs can't be taken into training battles?? Dear Lord......

Same as when they started introducing them and why I don't play them.

2 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

image.thumb.png.2a9cdba00c1a70289d48a7542246d6b6.png

After the update, we basically all know about it here.

I use ranked to practice my sub gameplay, its pretty brutal. My favorite is when DDs charge me, they cant escape. Either they eat torps or get rammed.

Yes, it is intriguing why we still cannot take SSs into the Training Room.

Is there something about their mechanics and/or their RNG protection they do not want us to discover?

So it seems that I have to correct myself 🙂

image.thumb.png.88f68857a63ff0c721c49e5d35b01e74.png

The battle selection interface has been changed!! Training battles no longer have an icon, but rather a selection box.

Well....

IT is there! I stand corrected.

It would be interesting to know why you cannot knock out their torpedo tubes. I have never done that, though I have started fires and flooding. Also, has anyone knockout out their engines, like you can easily do on a DD?

I am playing a submarine in the training room as we speak.

image.thumb.png.65bf89059e1bded744b661d4af521a05.png

Click the square box where the training room text is and you go straight through. 

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, majmac said:

It would be interesting to know why you cannot knock out their torpedo tubes. I have never done that, though I have started fires and flooding. Also, has anyone knockout out their engines, like you can easily do on a DD?

Oh it can be. Both tubes and engines.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Click the square box where the training room text is and you go straight through. 

Yes,  it has been sorted out already 🙂

3 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I fear the OP was telling porkies.

Fear not, he wasn't 😛

I may start sampling them, now that the Training Room can be used.

Then on to Co-op ...

I have the Salmon and the Balao, though I do not remember how they dropped into my port.

A bit like the five CVs that I have... (Not counting the two rented ones for Concealed Maneuvers 🙂

14 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

image.thumb.png.2a9cdba00c1a70289d48a7542246d6b6.png

Oh, sorry, I thought it was a choose-your-own-adventure..🙃

22 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Whatnow, subs can't be taken into training battle

Nah keep them in randoms as much as possible, where they belong, I mean what are you gonna test in a sub, it goes up/down, fires torps, has hydro some have a gun, learn in randoms, shot gun a bb or two

51 minutes ago, CriMiNaL said:

Nah keep them in randoms as much as possible, where they belong, I mean what are you gonna test in a sub, it goes up/down, fires torps, has hydro some have a gun, learn in randoms, shot gun a bb or two

Well.....i was trying to complete the missions  (in coop) , but I gave up on 'em.

Edited by Andrewbassg

1 hour ago, CriMiNaL said:

I mean what are you gonna test in a sub, it goes up/down, fires torps, has hydro some have a gun, learn in randoms, shot gun a bb or two

One thing you could learn in training rooms is the underwater terrain for various maps.  Keep in mind that in random battles your opportunity to keep testing depends on whether I kill you with my BB first.

Edited by Justin_Simpleton
removed mistakes

9 hours ago, majmac said:

IT is there! I stand corrected.

Submarine torpedo tubes can be incapacitated.
Most Submarine players use hull-modules to improve the odds of the tubes remaining operational. 
But, submarine life can be perilous.

9 hours ago, majmac said:

Also, for someone using SSs, do you hear the sound of artillery when you are submerged?

On the surface and at periscope depth one can hear other ships firing their guns and can hear nearby impact explosions.
Once fully submerged, gunfire sounds fade significantly.
Depth-charge explosion noises also vary by proximity to the submarine.  The really close ones can sink one's submarine.

I like that they've done a lot of work to make the under-the-surface terrain of the sea-floor and island slopes interesting.
But, the work on modeling the acoustic environment hasn't quite kept pace, in my opinion.

As you gain experience, I'm curious about your own impressions.  I'd also like to compare notes with other Submarine players, too.  🙂