R. Lauria will become available in the Armory in Update 12.11

Frostbow

13 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I have 40K Steel and 25% OFF Coupon... must think about it...

Leo "Apollo11"

I typically wait to spend my coupons until they are about to expire, meaning I’ll hold onto the current one until at least April or May. WG usually gives ~3 months notice before they retire ships from the Armory, and holding on to coupons ensures that I’m able to pick up such a ship if I consider it desirable, even if it wouldn’t otherwise be my first choice.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2

Hi all,

3 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

I typically wait to spend my coupons until they are about to expire, meaning I’ll hold onto the current one until at least April or May. WG usually gives ~3 months notice before they retire ships from the Armory, and holding on to coupons ensures that I’m able to pick up such a ship if I consider it desirable, even if it wouldn’t otherwise be my first choice.

I typically use the Resource Coupon (25% OFF) immediately and Doubloons (25% OFF) just before expiring... also 3x a year a Steel ship (2x with 25% OFF coupon and 1x without)... just a  few remaining...

Leo "Apollo11"

5 hours ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Moskva bad? News to me.

Moskva isn't bad, she's one of the best tier 10 cruiser no doubt about it. Literally an amazing ship to play.

3 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I have 40K Steel and 25% OFF Coupon... must think about it...

Leo "Apollo11"

Stalingrad = Bourgogne > Ragnar > Lauria > other stuff

11 hours ago, Unlooky said:

I don't play on Asia, so maybe it will actually be playable 

True, you also have NA players to deal with as well. 🤣

1 minute ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Moskva isn't bad, she's one of the best tier 10 cruiser no doubt about it. Literally an amazing ship to play.

I must have gotten a very defective one.

On 12/5/2023 at 9:10 AM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

"Incapable" LOL.

I got her for the historical interest (Jacky Fisher's last and biggest ambition, sadly never realized). Co-op mitigates most of her disadvantages, and having a battleship with hydro, speed boost, torpedoes, superheal and overmatch on everything is just glorious there. No regrets in that context.

Yeah in co-op she could work...

7 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Well I don't like saying this but it could possibly be a user issue. Also it depends on the mode of play.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Well I don't like saying this but it could possibly be a user issue. Also it depends on the mode of play.

Well I don't like to play randoms...

Tried the Asymmetric Battles... well.. the guns work, sort of, not much punch but they are fairly accurate. The hull is paper, after initially being spotted, I think 5 BB's started firing at me while I tried to run away and I still lost about 80 percent of my HPs on first contact...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I have the same problem with my Giulio Cesare! I got it last year in a Santa crate while I was whaling for something else, and the supposedly OP monster seems only to give me highly inferior results. 

Moskva, on the other hand, almost always behaves well for me. That said, I got mine by grinding to it just before WG made it a coal ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

This will vary greatly from player to player.

For me:

Shikishima >>>>>Stalingrad>Bourgogne. Too early to tell on Incomparable.  I was going to use my coupon to get Plymouth, but I will probably get R. Lauria instead.  R. Lauria wasn't available when I made plans.

On 12/5/2023 at 6:01 AM, Admiral_Karasu said:

Sevastopol bad? How bad, I got Moskva is it even worse than that?

It's a lot less than the sum of its parts. Sevastopol just isn't fun to play most matches.

13 hours ago, Unlooky said:

I don't play on Asia, so maybe it will actually be playable 

When there's no DDs or subs around, and no-CV (or the CV never comes near you) matches, yeah it will be. It's a very good conditions/horrible conditions ship.

Unfortunately NA loves their DDs, and even if they're braindead being spotted by them is enough to ruin your experience.

Edited by MnemonScarlet
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Agreed. At one time, functioned almost like a BB.

3 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

It's a lot less than the sum of its parts. Sevastopol just isn't fun to play most matches.

That description fits about 95 percent of my ships, though. Still, I'm probably going to skip it, it's not like I need one.

3 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Well I don't like to play randoms...

Tried the Asymmetric Battles... well.. the guns work, sort of, not much punch but they are fairly accurate. The hull is paper, after initially being spotted, I think 5 BB's started firing at me while I tried to run away and I still lost about 80 percent of my HPs on first contact...

Ohhhhhh that makes sense, yeah I get it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Agreed. At one time, functioned almost like a BB.

You can still play her like one in the right mm. People call Hindenburg "Battleship Hindenburg" but I'd argue it's more like "Battleship Moskva"

1 hour ago, Helstrem said:

This will vary greatly from player to player.

For me:

Shikishima >>>>>Stalingrad>Bourgogne. Too early to tell on Incomparable.  I was going to use my coupon to get Plymouth, but I will probably get R. Lauria instead.  R. Lauria wasn't available when I made plans.

Shikishima is a Yamato sidegrade so if Yamato works that good for you then awesome work.

Hi all,

3 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Ahh... but I got Stalingrad and Burgogne years ago... 😀

Leo "Apollo11"

36 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Shikishima is a Yamato sidegrade so if Yamato works that good for you then awesome work.

Shikishima is a upgrade over Yamato.  Slightly improved accuracy, much faster rate of fire and AA as good as you're going to find on a BB.

That said, yes, Yamato works pretty well for me too.

Edited by Helstrem
  • Like 1

i got lauria when it came out in the armoury  a few months ago for 35k steel but it came with both the permanent camo and stell camo  

and ive been happy with it 

Hi all,

13 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

i got lauria when it came out in the armoury  a few months ago for 35k steel but it came with both the permanent camo and stell camo  

and ive been happy with it 

You got it via some pre-event (I don't recall it I must confess)?

So... how do you use her? What type of battles you pay with her?

Leo "Apollo11"

4 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

You got it via some pre-event (I don't recall it I must confess)?

So... how do you use her? What type of battles you pay with her?

Leo "Apollo11"

Was the made of steel event a couple of months ago

Played one game with it. Got 118k damage but seemed like I was supporting the team instead of sinking stuff. I like it though.

22 hours ago, Helstrem said:

Shikishima is a upgrade over Yamato.  Slightly improved accuracy, much faster rate of fire and AA as good as you're going to find on a BB.

That said, yes, Yamato works pretty well for me too.

No Shikishima is a sidegrade to Yamato.

• Like 1