If I am reading this correctly this is not happy news.. ( I hope I am wrong )

Col_NASTY

23 hours ago, derf said:

if you have say, 400 ships your threshold is 1100 BXP...meaning if you have a game where you score 1065BXP you get NO BONUS AT ALL

That has never been a thing.

19 hours ago, derf said:

... but i could be mistaken

Yes...you were.

On 12/4/2023 at 9:12 AM, Col_NASTY said:

I know it is the same.. They used it again recently. My point is WHY?

C'mon Nasty...you've been around long enough to know you get rewards for each level you clear & you don't need to clear just the top level to get anything...missing the point of this thread.

• Like 1

Talking about bonus rewards - I found 2 bonus rewards waiting for me when I logged in this morning. Who knew unused bonus rewards from the 8th anniversary event carried over into Xmas?

Used them on 2 of my submarines - that will never leave port.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 10:56 PM, SolitudeFreak said:

I'm assuming the 100-199/ 1 extra is 400BXP like last time, and they just screwed up the chart.

This is correct. 

image.thumb.png.c8865b53e07bc1c56f1581763c618350.png

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 9:26 PM, SolitudeFreak said:

I'm assuming the 100-199/ 1 extra is 400BXP like last time, and they just screwed up the chart.

It is. The base xp requirement was missing on the original chart. EU updated theirs, but NA hasn’t put the new one on yet. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/5/2023 at 11:14 PM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

And under the original system, you could have got a 3000 BXP win in every battle and never got any rewards over the ship whose flake you just knocked off. Also, if you came first on a loss with 1000 BXP, you would get nothing. A win was required to claim the flake.

Now you get to make at least somewhat faster progress and you can still redeem snowflakes even if your team is useless and dies all around you, provided you get enough BXP (> 300). If that's punishing the playerbase, then give me more of it.

sure, but the original system was fair to everybody as you got the same reward for your performance. now you get different rewards for ingame performance just because you have more ships. but the more ships part is also rewarded by tha actuall rewards for each ship ...

8 hours ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

Talking about bonus rewards - I found 2 bonus rewards waiting for me when I logged in this morning. Who knew unused bonus rewards from the 8th anniversary event carried over into Xmas?

Used them on 2 of my submarines - that will never leave port.

nope, everybody gets 2 free bonus rewards ... that was the case for each event like that so far ...

13 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

nope, everybody gets 2 free bonus rewards ... that was the case for each event like that so far ...

Everybody? Are you sure of that? There were no bonus rewards for my alt account. That account has 96 ships on it.

18 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

sure, but the original system was fair to everybody as you got the same reward for your performance. now you get different rewards for ingame performance just because you have more ships. but the more ships part is also rewarded by tha actuall rewards for each ship ...

We don't get different rewards. The bonus rewards is snowflakes taken off other ships without having to take them into battle - ie 1 battle needed to take the rewards off 6 ships (up to) in total - 1 battle vs 6 battles needed for the same reward.

It's still the exact same reward for everyone.

1 minute ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

We don't get different rewards. The bonus rewards is snowflakes taken off other ships without having to take them into battle - ie 1 battle needed to take the rewards off 6 ships (up to) in total - 1 battle vs 6 battles needed for the same reward.

It's still the exact same reward for everyone.

ok count with me:

1. I have say 160 ships, I get rewards for 160 ships and can collect the rewards at most 2 ships a game

2. You have 300 ships, you get rewards for 300 ships and can collect rewards for 4 ships a game

yes you do get the same rewards for same ships, but you get more of them because you have more ships. and can collect them FASTER !!!

• Bored 1

Just now, Hugh_Ruka said:

ok count with me:

1. I have say 160 ships, I get rewards for 160 ships and can collect the rewards at most 2 ships a game

2. You have 300 ships, you get rewards for 300 ships and can collect rewards for 4 ships a game

yes you do get the same rewards for same ships, but you get more of them because you have more ships. and can collect them FASTER !!!

Count with me 1 reward for 1 ship. Same reward for everyone.

The number of ships has no bearing on anything other than the number of ships. You too can get 300 rewards. All you have to do is buy another 140 ships.

For the record, I have 652 ships in my port right now. They don't all get a snowflake to blow off. I reacquired the low tier ships that I sold when I first started playing because I had to use the port slots and credits somewhere.

There's no need to be jealous about this, my first xmas event in 2019 I had less than you do, maybe 50 ships if that. The santa crates inspired me to gather more into my port. I did not complain that it's not fair others have more ships than me.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

Everybody? Are you sure of that? There were no bonus rewards for my alt account. That account has 96 ships on it.

thought it was everyone in previous events, but it might have just been those that were eligible for bonus rewards

6 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Whether you collect them in three days or four weeks, you still get the same amount. 

5 hours ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

There's no need to be jealous about this, my first xmas event in 2019 I had less than you do, maybe 50 ships if that. The santa crates inspired me to gather more into my port. I did not complain that it's not fair others have more ships than me.

THIS SO MUCH.

This is the way it's done.

My first Christmas event was something called the North Cape campaign, in 2017. I realized halfway through that I was not going to finish because the limited number and variety of ships in my port had created a roadblock in mission eligibility vs what I was capable of. So I decided to drop it, eat the loss, and concentrate instead on broadening my fleet so that such a thing never happened again. Stamping one's feet and waiting on the world to change isn't going to cut it.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 11:11 AM, Col_NASTY said:

At least for people with larger fleets and actual Lives..

I am just under 500 ships.  The whole idea was great when it first came out because so many people ended up losing tons of stuff because of not being able to clear all of their Flakes in time.

At first you knew you could do a ton of COOPs to clear a ton of them. 

The new system for this year seems to actually PUNISH the Old timers and collectors. Not saying we should be treated any differently than anyone else, but maybe not PUNISH the people who helped build this game and it's $$$$$ accounts.

This new system that was supposed to EASE the Grind a bit actually makes it MUCH tougher for no real reason at all.  Made tougher the more ships you have.

They have conflated the number of ships you have with the Winrate you had BETTER have to get this done.

The more ships you have the HIGHER the BXP you need to get the bonus Gifts.

Why the difference?  1,100 / 1,200 BXP is NOT easy to get and impossible in COOP.

Why can't they ALL be ~800 BXP ?  Why do you have to work harder because you have a larger fleet.

SURE I know people will say "BUT you get 4 and they get 2"  I am betting people would be FINE with getting 2 because you KNOW you will get them more consistently.

I remember last year as well as the last flake event. The salt was DEEP and I think it is made even Deeper when you have so much to lose due to bad plays by people and those yolo rammers that are just mass collecting flakes and to the devil with the game or objectives.

I for 1 will most likely not finish this year because I have actual holiday plans with family and will be away for the last week of Dec into Jan.

Just play for the next few days and notice how often you get > 1,100  1,200 BXP and that's not even when the flake rush starts.

Isn't this supposed to be FUN?

dtukdfyudfyuk.thumb.png.c184197bafb37977f0cd1737c06af790.png

I was able to clear all 75 of my tier 10s in Asymmetric Battles in about 3 and a half hours yesterday. Would have taken me quite some time in Co-Op, but Asymmetric Battles made it easy.

ok...i'm back on this again

pretty consistently, as far as i can tell in ops if the match ends in defeat, i get between 400 & 800 BXP 

i get the festive reward but not the 1 extra bonus i would expect, having 258 ships in port.

other situations seem fine i think...i'm not really paying super close attention.

am i wrong in my expectations?  i could be, everything still looks like it is being translated

by someone in CCCP err, i mean russia.

Don't know what to tell you. I just finished a battle in Assym mode - a defeat where I scored 650 base xp. I got my reward for the ship i played, and one bonus (that I took the snowflake off a T5 cruiser with). It's working for me.

Perhaps add the screenshots for your game - the battle results screen with your mouse highlighting the reward, and the base xp screen showing how much you earned for that particular game.
Like this:

20231208174346_1.jpg

20231208174358_1.jpg

On 12/4/2023 at 11:04 AM, Frostbow said:

d39d482e-9029-11ee-9c35-b49691e6ead0.jpg

If you have, say, 400 ships, you can earn:

• 4 Bonus Gifts if you score at least 1,100 Base XP in one battle?
  • 5 Bonus Gifts if you score at least 1,200 Base XP in one battle?

Can we get these Bonus Gifts in Asymmetric Battle, Operations?

I haven't touched a Co-Op match since the patch dropped, and I've already gone through all my Supers, 10's and 9's.  I'm starting to dig into the 8's now.  This is all done in Asm and Op's, so yes.

I can count on 1 hand the number of 10's I do not have I might add.

EDIT: I have 650 ships.

Edited by Volron

4 hours ago, derf said:

asym works ok in this regard

i have only noticed

in T6-8 ops

Operations is working fine for me - how about putting up some screenshots like I suggested so we can have a look?

On 12/4/2023 at 11:43 AM, ArIskandir said:

Haven't read the article but common sense and experience says you can still get the +2 bonus gift at 800BXP. Having more ships provide you a chance to get more bonus gifts... looks like an "and" conditional, not an "or".

It's actually an "instead of" condition.  Whiich is functionally the same as an AND conditional if each level was +1.

It goes like this:  Reach the first XP and you get +1.  Each time you reach the next XP, you get the bonus for that XP instead of the bonus for the prior XP. 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 5:10 PM, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

That has never been a thing.

Yes...you were.

C'mon Nasty...you've been around long enough to know you get rewards for each level you clear & you don't need to clear just the top level to get anything...missing the point of this thread.

The complaining was the point as usual. 

On 12/4/2023 at 12:12 PM, Col_NASTY said:

I know it is the same.. They used it again recently. My point is WHY?

Why not?  If nothing's changed, why create new graphics for no reason.

On 12/7/2023 at 5:15 AM, Hugh_Ruka said:

ok count with me:

No, you will collect them at the same rate.  Rather, if you both play the same amount of games per day, you'll finish up around the same time.

As for him having more, well, they have more ships.

Edited by Gasboy

On 12/10/2023 at 7:46 AM, Gasboy said:

No, you will collect them at the same rate.  Rather, if you both play the same amount of games per day, you'll finish up around the same time.

As for him having more, well, they have more ships.

160/2 =/= 300/4 ... there's a difference in games ... anyway, once again WG does not motivate players to play better, just to play a lot ...