If I am reading this correctly this is not happy news.. ( I hope I am wrong )

Col_NASTY

30 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

d39d482e-9029-11ee-9c35-b49691e6ead0.jpg

If you have, say, 400 ships, you can earn:

• 4 Bonus Gifts if you score at least 1,100 Base XP in one battle?
  • 5 Bonus Gifts if you score at least 1,200 Base XP in one battle?

Can we get these Bonus Gifts in Asymmetric Battle, Operations?

You can not earn the 5 bonus gifts if you only have 400 ships. You need at least 500 ships to qualify for the 5 bonus. Then if you do have the 500 ships, yes 1.2k BXP will earn the 5.

46 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

If you have, say, 400 ships, you can earn:

• 4 Bonus Gifts if you score at least 1,100 Base XP in one battle?
  • 5 Bonus Gifts if you score at least 1,200 Base XP in one battle?

Yes to the first one, no to the second. The five bonus gifts tier is only available if you have 500+ ships in your port. With 400 ships, the most you’d be able to get is four bonus gifts per snowflake run. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Aragathor said:

After reading OPs post I thought to myself, this sounds weirdly familiar.

So I took my shovel and went digging. To my surprise, I found out that WG is reusing the table again and again, and that nothing changed for a long time.

Here's last year's table:

7bfbfb36-5179-11ee-95be-ac162d70f4e4.jpg

Looks weirdly similar now, doesn't it.? So I don't think we should be raising pitchforks here, especially not for the change that allowed us to play less ships overall.

We are on the same page for once.

I think what's freaking the OP out is that the 400 BXP cutoff for one extra snowflake is inexplicably missing in this year's patch notes graphic:

image.thumb.png.c2f3ff456ff4219a3b1ccdad5e8ccd25.png 

In one hour, a Randoms player whose battles go the full distance can knock off 15 flakes at most. If I play six 10-minute battles that go well, I can polish off 12. I'm not that far behind. Plus, that 1200 BXP target is irrespective of win or loss. You can pull a failed carry of 1201 BXP and still bring home your five flakes.

The absolute requirement for a win to get any snowflake was removed at least two years ago. The only time a win is absolutely required is if you come home with under 300 BXP. If you are doing that consistently in Randoms, you have a performance problem and you desperately need to improve.

The biggest issue will probably be YOLO churn in co-op as the worst random potatoes suicide their way through their flakes on the backs of the co-op mains.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Just for clarification, what is a "bonus gift" - just another occurrence of the standard reward?

Isn't it the usual thing: if you perform heroically in a ship, you can knock the snowflakes off as many others as you get bonus gifts, without playing the latter?

So, you could have, say, 6 ships left with snowflakes (out of a fleet of at least 500), and get the snowflakes for all of them with a single 1,200+ bxp battle in one of them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aethervox said:

Not entirely correct. My main account (now in EU) has the Iwaki Alpha & it does not take 10+ minutes to get into a random battle - sometimes T4 fills up fast & with all real players. You want to know why? There's so many horrid (read: stupid) players & roflstomps in the high tiers. Plus lower tiers don't have crap reworked CVs or Flubs (subs). Quite hilarious that Wedgie is making low tiers popular again (albeit, unintentionally). Still, the irony is great, lol.

I don't get the queue times that you are reporting. At tier 4, I get only 3 human players are on a team. The rest are bots after waiting 10+ minutes. And that is with a queue of 68 players waiting for battle too. The question is whether the tier <=4 match maker still worth having now. To me the MM is obsolete and should be restored before the change.

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The biggest issue will probably be YOLO churn in co-op as the worst random potatoes suicide their way through their flakes on the backs of the co-op mains.

Alas, this is the way. 

It's been the way for a very long time and for the first several days, some therapy may be required.....

• Like 1

The way to avoid the COOP grind is to play asymmetric battles. Better bXP rewards, still fighting against bots.

And yolo monkeys don't get to have good results.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

The way to avoid the COOP grind is to play asymmetric battles. Better bXP rewards, still fighting against bots.

And yolo monkeys don't get to have good results.

Enough of them on one team also have the capacity to lose it for you. Even if I were an Asymmetric junkie, I'd be staying well away from it unless I was in a five-man div.

On the other hand, a co-op team can take a lot more baggage before it goes under - and the ones who don't suicide are likely to do very well and at least lead to more frequent breaks of 400 BXP. If anything, suicide spammers might HELP the mains.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Enough of them on one team also have the capacity to lose it for you. Even if I were an Asymmetric junkie, I'd be staying well away from it unless I was in a five-man div.

On the other hand, a co-op team can take a lot more baggage before it goes under - and the ones who don't suicide are likely to do very well and at least lead to more frequent breaks of 400 BXP. If anything, suicide spammers might HELP the mains.

Indeed.

On the the weekend I had "one of those days" ... played five Asymmetric battles, and lost all five.

What had changed, considering that I had 70 victorious games in a row in that mode?

The teams had changed. All of a sudden I was sharing the battlespace with DDs that were using the yolo-in-spam-torps-and-die approach. Which might work in COOP but is a disaster in Asymmetric.

The upside is that it's just a game and I was able to put it away for the day and play something else.

But on-topic ... has anyone seen anything to confirm that Asymmetric mode battles will be counted towards clearing flakes?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

At least for people with larger fleets and actual Lives..

I am just under 500 ships.  The whole idea was great when it first came out because so many people ended up losing tons of stuff because of not being able to clear all of their Flakes in time.

At first you knew you could do a ton of COOPs to clear a ton of them. 

The new system for this year seems to actually PUNISH the Old timers and collectors. Not saying we should be treated any differently than anyone else, but maybe not PUNISH the people who helped build this game and it's $$$$$ accounts.

This new system that was supposed to EASE the Grind a bit actually makes it MUCH tougher for no real reason at all.  Made tougher the more ships you have.

They have conflated the number of ships you have with the Winrate you had BETTER have to get this done.

The more ships you have the HIGHER the BXP you need to get the bonus Gifts.

Why the difference?  1,100 / 1,200 BXP is NOT easy to get and impossible in COOP.

Why can't they ALL be ~800 BXP ?  Why do you have to work harder because you have a larger fleet.

SURE I know people will say "BUT you get 4 and they get 2"  I am betting people would be FINE with getting 2 because you KNOW you will get them more consistently.

I remember last year as well as the last flake event. The salt was DEEP and I think it is made even Deeper when you have so much to lose due to bad plays by people and those yolo rammers that are just mass collecting flakes and to the devil with the game or objectives.

I for 1 will most likely not finish this year because I have actual holiday plans with family and will be away for the last week of Dec into Jan.

Just play for the next few days and notice how often you get > 1,100  1,200 BXP and that's not even when the flake rush starts.

Isn't this supposed to be FUN?

dtukdfyudfyuk.thumb.png.c184197bafb37977f0cd1737c06af790.png

Col;

I am on the road using my phone to view it but from what I see that is how it has a been for a while with the bonuses. It’s exactly what we had for the anniversary a few months ago too. Does not appear different to me.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Every mode counts toward clearing flakes - only the training room is excluded.

I have 652 ships. This includes T1 to T4. I also have 52 spare port slots, so there is no need to sell the low tier ships.

Last anniversary I almost exclusively used T8 Operations to clear all my flakes. Which I managed to do before I had played all of my T8 cruisers, CV's and BB's. I find operations mode to be far more consistent than random battles.

Co-op in my opinion is only viable if you have a smaller fleet, say around 300 ships. The reason being it's not consistent enough to expect over 400 base xp every game. (no extra bonus for 399 base xp no matter how big your fleet) Before the QOL change, it used to take me 500 games in co-op which was a chore and a half.

• Like 1

with the last Festive Token ship bonus in my mind there was quite an oi in the flyment fly in the ointment-

if you have say, 400 ships your threshold is 1100 BXP...meaning if you have a game where you score 1065BXP you get NO BONUS AT ALL

same with the other ship number thresholds

this seems stupid and i hope it was just an error last time & that they will have fixed that.

like, that could be incentive to NOT have over 299 or 300 ships if you were mainly a co-op player

1 hour ago, derf said:

with the last Festive Token ship bonus in my mind there was quite an oi in the flyment fly in the ointment-

if you have say, 400 ships your threshold is 1100 BXP...meaning if you have a game where you score 1065BXP you get NO BONUS AT ALL

This is incorrect. On the latest anniversary, with a fleet of 200+ ships, I was able to earn 0, 1 or 2 bonus rewards based on the performance for a given battle. If I failed to meet the threshold for 2, I would instead receive 1.

It looks like this is the same, except they failed to state the minimum BXP threshold for 1 extra reward for some reason. I'm assuming the 100-199/ 1 extra is 400BXP like last time, and they just screwed up the chart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SolitudeFreak said:

This is incorrect. On the latest anniversary, with a fleet of 200+ ships, I was able to earn 0, 1 or 2 bonus rewards based on the performance for a given battle. If I failed to meet the threshold for 2, I would instead receive 1.

It looks like this is the same, except they failed to state the minimum BXP threshold for 1 extra reward for some reason. I'm assuming the 100-199/ 1 extra is 400BXP like last time, and they just screwed up the chart.

you would get the 1 reward for entering battle and/or winning but not the extra bonuses -

with 300 ships if you get 900 BXP you could expect 2 bonuses but would get none, just the one reward for that one battle.

4 hours ago, derf said:

this seems stupid and i hope it was just an error last time & that they will have fixed that.

like, that could be incentive to NOT have over 299 or 300 ships if you were mainly a co-op player

That is factually incorrect. I have taken a ship or two into co-op (divisioned with my son who refuses to play randoms or operations) - scored a base xp well below 1200 base xp (I have over 600 ships) and earned +1 bonus every game that I got 400+ base xp.

I wasn't prepared to play 300 plus co-op games for my tokens, so did the majority in operations. Quite a few games my base XP was below 1200, still got my bonus tokens commensurate with the base xp earned.

Edited by UnderTheRadarAgain
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, derf said:

you would get the 1 reward for entering battle and/or winning but not the extra bonuses -

with 300 ships if you get 900 BXP you could expect 2 bonuses but would get none, just the one reward for that one battle.

No, you will still get the 2 extra bonuses. 

i hope that is the way it works this time...pretty sure it didn't last anniversary event, but i could be mistaken

2 minutes ago, derf said:

i hope that is the way it works this time...pretty sure it didn't last anniversary event, but i could be mistaken

This is 100% how it has worked since they made the QOL change. However, I can see you getting confused if you had mistakenly taken a ship into battle that had already had the token removed (without noticing - this is very easy to do) and after playing your heart out - got nothing at all.

3 minutes ago, derf said:

That’s how it’s worked every flake season since they started the bonus rewards.

The way the charts are laid out makes sense if you know what they’re actually trying to show, but it doesn’t show how the overall system works that clearly. It’s showing the highest number of bonuses you can get for each group of 100 ships, and how much base xp you need to get that “newest” extra reward. You’re still eligible for the lower tiers if you cross those thresholds.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

At least for people with larger fleets and actual Lives..

I am just under 500 ships.  The whole idea was great when it first came out because so many people ended up losing tons of stuff because of not being able to clear all of their Flakes in time.

At first you knew you could do a ton of COOPs to clear a ton of them. 

The new system for this year seems to actually PUNISH the Old timers and collectors. Not saying we should be treated any differently than anyone else, but maybe not PUNISH the people who helped build this game and it's $$$$$ accounts.

This new system that was supposed to EASE the Grind a bit actually makes it MUCH tougher for no real reason at all.  Made tougher the more ships you have.

They have conflated the number of ships you have with the Winrate you had BETTER have to get this done.

The more ships you have the HIGHER the BXP you need to get the bonus Gifts.

Why the difference?  1,100 / 1,200 BXP is NOT easy to get and impossible in COOP.

Overall this system is still a quality of life improvement over pre-multi reward times.

If you primary interest is to clear all your rewards then I'd suggest a strategy that I've picked up for that.

First thing is, do not ever use you first bonus rewards (the extra "picks" received) all on T10 or other high tier ships so that you can receive all your Santa coupons right way.  I know the temptation is there....but just don't.  You always want to use the picks on ships that you hate to play...often T5-T7 ships.

Think of your favored ships as a grind resource to be "used" to obtain more "picks".  Never use a pick on a ship that you like to play.

While it would be nice to get max reward in COOP (for me 4 additional coupon), I don't recall that ever being the case.  That said, even if you don't play PvP, operations will usually net you enough bxp for the max reward and you are still time ahead versus the quick coop game.

For example, I can take almost any T7 or T8 cruiser into ops, get 1100 bxp more, and get 4/5 rewards over the span of 12-20 minutes... let's say average 15min.  My coop average would be about 5 min (after MM time included) so you can clear rewards at least 50% faster than coop alone.  

Asymmetric could be even faster, but not sure max reward scores will be as consistent as ops.

Handling rewards this way is less gratifying since you can't bank all your Santa crates right away, but if you want to make sure you clean all your stuff while minimizing grind then I can't think of a faster way.

Doing it this way 

• Like 5

no, it punishes all players ... I have less than 200 ships so any more than 400BXP is not rewarded ... which is coop level yolo gameplay ... when I get 1k+bxp it is still only 1 bonus reward ...

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

I only play Co-op, so I prioritize: 386k Coal - 25k Steel with 435 ships

Ships: 195 are T5 to T7, 176 are T8-T9-T11(*) and 64 are T10

I set the priority to get more steel so I will run the T8 to T11 ships.

Will wait to use the bonuses till late in the run to finish any T8-T11s and only then may use the leftovers on the T5-T7s.

16 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

no, it punishes all players ... I have less than 200 ships so any more than 400BXP is not rewarded ... which is coop level yolo gameplay ... when I get 1k+bxp it is still only 1 bonus reward ...

It is like that to be roughly equivalent for all players... whether you have 100 or 500 ships, there's a chance to clear all your rewards over the span of 100 matches. Previously it was a flat of one match per ship, this system is a notable improvement over that. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

And under the original system, you could have got a 3000 BXP win in every battle and never got any rewards over the ship whose flake you just knocked off. Also, if you came first on a loss with 1000 BXP, you would get nothing. A win was required to claim the flake.

Now you get to make at least somewhat faster progress and you can still redeem snowflakes even if your team is useless and dies all around you, provided you get enough BXP (> 300). If that's punishing the playerbase, then give me more of it.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 5