when your teammates are trying to kill you

kriegerfaust

I was just playing as a carrier unlike many i do not hover around the back of the map nor do i charge the enemy but play in between suicidal aggression and timidity.  Well i ran into the enemy while pushing on the right there i was in danger of being sent to the bottom what do you think my team told me.  One player kept telling me to advance in which case i would be a target no doubt taking focus off him.  The other told me to turn around not as bad but i was already visible so again a target.  I did neither aimed myself at a close by island using it as a shield which let me survive to the end of the match.  Now i can be generous and maybe say that the call to advance was into the island or to retreat could have been done in a non-suicidal way.  but i can't stop feeling like there are certain teammates that don't have your best interest in mind and would gladly turn you into a decoy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1) Nothing wrong with moving a CV somewhat forward so as to have less air travelling times & 2) Considering the animosity towards reworked CVs even your own teammates may encourage a reworked CV to suicide.

• Like 2

Most people don't know CV hull positioning...so feel free to ignore obvious bad advice.

On 12/3/2023 at 5:03 AM, Admiral_Karasu said:

'Between suicidal aggression and timidity'?

Skirting the line between fast strike turn over (closer to enemy) and 'spotted with chances to take BB caliber AP shots into hangar decks'...

Part of the skill of playing with CVs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/5/2023 at 1:21 PM, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Most people don't know CV hull positioning...so feel free to ignore obvious bad advice.

Skirting the line between fast strike turn over (closer to enemy) and 'spotted with chances to take BB caliber AP shots into hangar decks'...

If you can half your distance to the enemy, you can double your sortie rate.  if your team can defend at half distance while the enemy pushes, you can ofen qudruple your sortie rate compared to an enmy CV that stays back.  A quadruple sortie rate by a skilled CV captain can be a game changer.

Unfortunately, most teams don't know how to play the quadruple sortie game, and so the CV player is left to working double sortie positioning.  The problem here is it sometimes requires team protection.  So....it's a balance between sortie rate and survivability...which also depends on your team and the map.  In my experience playing solo, you're pretty much on your own.

• Like 4

On 12/2/2023 at 9:57 PM, kriegerfaust said:

I was just playing as a carrier unlike many i do not hover around the back of the map nor do i charge the enemy but play in between suicidal aggression and timidity.  Well i ran into the enemy while pushing on the right there i was in danger of being sent to the bottom what do you think my team told me.  One player kept telling me to advance in which case i would be a target no doubt taking focus off him.  The other told me to turn around not as bad but i was already visible so again a target.  I did neither aimed myself at a close by island using it as a shield which let me survive to the end of the match.  Now i can be generous and maybe say that the call to advance was into the island or to retreat could have been done in a non-suicidal way.  but i can't stop feeling like there are certain teammates that don't have your best interest in mind and would gladly turn you into a decoy.

🤣

• Bored 1

On 12/5/2023 at 1:21 PM, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

On 12/3/2023 at 5:03 AM, Admiral_Karasu said:

'Between suicidal aggression and timidity'?

+1

• Bored 1

1 hour ago, SoshiSone said:

If you can half your distance to the enemy, you can double your sortie rate.  if your team can defend at half distance while the enemy pushes, you can ofen qudruple your sortie rate compared to an enmy CV that stays back.  A quadruple sortie rate by a skilled CV captain can be a game changer.

Unfortunately, most teams don't know how to play the quadruple sortie game, and so the CV player is left to working double sortie positioning.  The problem here is it sometimes requires team protection.  So....it's a balance between sortie rate and survivability...which also depends on your team and the map.  In my experience playing solo, you're pretty much on your own.

👍

• Bored 1

53 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

because they don't have a heart.

Hmm.... that kinda depends on the perspective....... I mean BOTH those strong and quite opposite feelings are emanating from the same place.....

Juuust sayin....A48E2DD6-327E-4E69-B995-CD0955AA6217.gif

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Hmm.... that kinda depends on the perspective....... I mean BOTH those strong and quite opposite feelings are emanating from the same place.....

Juuust sayin....A48E2DD6-327E-4E69-B995-CD0955AA6217.gif

You are talking about mixed emotions. The most poignant definition of that goes as follows:

"Seeing your mother-in-law drive over a cliff in your new car."

• Haha 1