Meanwhile in Russia.......

Andrewbassg

So..... the thing that was most requested about Cv's, Korably will actually test it out. Namely  MINIMAP ONLY SPOTTING!  53EB5C0D-3B99-4A7E-8E10-0AD06C0F515D.gif

This fact makes clear how much Wedgie was gaslighting the playerbase, and for how long. They pretended (for years!!) that it was tested (and found "inadequate" , but... if it was tested, there would not be a need for a second round of testing. So yeah......Wedgie is full of it. And not just a little. Waay above the neck.

All that barking Smile_bajan2.gif.446b14dd672b197e9f67451about playing against Cvs being "fair and balanced", also "fun and engaging".......Smile_amazed.gif.28479b334f88f3e0b24d84byeah....

And people still wonder, why many players don't trust, nor believe, when Wedgie makes "statements"  and why many  players read the Q&A's or Devblogs  just for the giggles and lmaos....6FE6656A-2569-4D5C-A445-EB63E019A1B5.gif

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Bored 3

If you have a change in management (and there was a change of management for all we know) it is reasonable for the new manager to call for a new test... I mean, I wouldn't base my decision on reports from a previous team, from a previous version of the game, from a test performed under who knows which parameters... No sir, I would push for my own test and my own data if it is my a$$ on the line.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Andrewbassg said:

if it was tested, there would not be a need for a second round of testing.

I have no strong opinions on minimap spotting vs the current approach and I am not a WG apologist, but I have worked in software enough to tell you that this statement is untrue.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

If you have a change in management (and there was a change of management for all we know) it is reasonable for the new manager to call for a new test... I mean, I wouldn't base my decision on reports from a previous team, from a previous version of the game, from a test performed under who knows which parameters... No sir, I would push for my own test and my own data if it is my a$$ on the line.

Except  this is the very same dev team.....

3 minutes ago, Tricericon said:

I have no strong opinions on minimap spotting vs the current approach and I am not a WG apologist, but I have worked in software enough to tell you that this statement is untrue.

From a purely technical standpoint, yes, however this is much more about balance as about anything else.

And ...the official word salad back then was actually quite hilarious. They "argued" that "it would be nonsensical for the players to see planes attacking invisible ships". Of course ignoring the fact  that during weather effects that's exactly what's happening.

And no, I'm actually practical and this is purely about stupidity. Just think about it how much it would help the game, if they would reduce the pressure created by subs and Cv's by removing the no1 reason why Cv's are hated.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Perhaps it was only... you know.. miscommunication?

I've had waay too many debates on this subject. So.....

3 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

And the beat-down goes on...

No... but just like I've said, I had too many discussions over the years........

• Like 3

Starting several years ago, I was posting the proposal for plane spotting to be restricted to the minimap. 

Can I transfer to the CIS server? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Bored 1

Seen a lot of the “Lesta is doing what WG should “ threads. Maybe start an account over there. Let us know how it is. 

• Haha 1

As someone quite familiar with how spotting impacts the meta...

Removing practical spotting from aircraft will not improve the game. For one thing, this will make subs even more powerful...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Removing practical spotting from aircraft will not improve the game. For one thing, this will make subs even more powerful...

Well, I disagree. Subs are not THAT fast and one can infer their relative position, from the spawns. Also RPF exists. Besides, this is on the  "other" game, so....

And in my opinion, it would.

Edited by Andrewbassg

2 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

f8118e838b3a19cef68ca3ee1523c844.jpg

Who got them on this topic again???  It's almost cruel to have to discuss this topic for the 63d time....  And, I'm gonna sit back and enjoy this show !!!

• Haha 1

Just now, Asym said:

Who got them on this topic again???  It's almost cruel to have to discuss this topic for the 63d time....  And, I'm gonna sit back and enjoy this show !!!

Well.....no worries, no intention to reiterate the whole ordeal. Still .... the second I saw the the video, instantly saw red before my eyes ,  coz I remembered all the discussion, debates, official communiquesSmile_sceptic.gif.97d8c8cbb10e163afd1a67.......

Now I'm cooled off, so to speak.

• Haha 1

The spotting changes will be great for DD players and in a way good for CV players also. CV players will spend less time spotting and more time damage farming. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Well, I disagree. Subs are not THAT fast and one can infer their relative position, from the spawns. Also RPF exists. Besides, this is on the  "other" game, so....

And in my opinion, it would.

Subs will be the spotters...

17 minutes ago, SeaQuest said:

The spotting changes will be great for DD players and in a way good for CV players also. CV players will spend less time spotting and more time damage farming. 

You think the guys playing the most team oriented ship in the game will just want to damage farm...

LOL

A major reason people talk about rework CVs as boring is the damage farming mechanics...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Subs will be the spotters...

If in range. Subs are still very much tactical, as opposed to Cv's which are a strategic class. x2 

A major reason people talk about rework CVs as boring is the damage farming mechanics...

While I didn't played much Cv's and even then only PVE..... I saw the rinse/repeat factor, also against the clock, as being the most... offputting. And..... their nonparticipation in the survival game, robs them of a/the thrilling factor, which is actually a major part of the game itself.

Of course, IMHO

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 1

This further reinforces my theory that Lesta/WG are taking full advantage of the one silver lining from the split, in that the two games serve as effectively test servers for different mechanics. The RU server will get IJN support carriers (AP bombs+mines) next year, while the rest of the world will see USN support CVS (HE+smoke). Will be interesting to see how the reciprocal situation develops (inevitably, the studios have too much sunk cost to abandon the concepts).

• Like 3
  • Bored 1

As someone quite familiar with how spotting impacts the meta...

Even tho you say you're quite familiar how spotting impacts the meta ... and subs, you seem un-familiar to what extent it effects submarines ... it doesn't.

Subs see planes coming from miles away and have all time in the world to click C button twice to go to 30 meters depths where they are undetected by ANY planes while STILL being able to SPOT said planes from the depths of the ocean (for some strange WG BS reason), after planes pass over and fly beyond my 2.1 km air detect I just click F button twice and resurface again with zero effects to my playstyle.

You have to literary have a stroke or be afk to be spotted my CV/Hybrid planes in a submarine. Why do you think CV Mains hate submarine player even more than the regular players, because they do to them what they have been doing to the rest of the surface ships all these years. And good sub captains hunt CVs with regular hard-hitting torps so even the CVs BS Aimbot/headshot plane ASWs is obsolete.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Even tho you say you're quite familiar how spotting impacts the meta ... and subs, you seem un-familiar to what extent it effects submarines ... it doesn't.

Subs see planes coming from miles away and have all time in the world to click C button twice to go to 30 meters depths where they are undetected by ANY planes while STILL being able to SPOT said planes from the depths of the ocean (for some strange WG BS reason), after planes pass over and fly beyond my 2.1 km air detect I just click F button twice and resurface again with zero effects to my playstyle.

You have to literary have a stroke or be afk to be spotted my CV/Hybrid planes in a submarine. Why do you think CV Mains hate submarine player even more than the regular players, because they do to them what they have been doing to the rest of the surface ships all these years. And good sub captains hunt CVs with regular hard-hitting torps so even the CVs BS Aimbot/headshot plane ASWs is obsolete.

Missing my point...

People complaining about plane spotting being oppressive will soon be complaining about sub spotting being oppressive.

Changing to minimap only plane spotting won't solve the problem, only move it to another class.

• Thanks 1
  • Bored 1