Concealed Maneuvers, But With Concealed CVs

Frostbow

Has anyone experienced playing the second iteration of Concealed Maneuvers only to be in a match where there were no CVs?

I've been experiencing it lately. Has something changed?

Yes people are realsing they can play this mode and you dont have to use a cv to do it, so you find many matches with no cv

Edited by CriMiNaL

4 hours ago, CriMiNaL said:

Yes people are realsing they can play this mode and you dont have to use a cv to do it, so you find many matches with no cv

I like it. More Base XP, more CXP.

I hope it'll stay that way until WG removes it. LOL

I've been playing in this mode and twice there were absolutely no CVs at all.

Stalingrad. 2,560 Base XP in a 2 humans/7 bots team against an enemy team with the same 2/7 line up. I wanted to sink the two humans on the enemy team, but the damned bots stole my kill. 😄

shot-23_08.22_01.20_08-0814.thumb.jpg.05b0f2ea6139f646c943ba071aa3ab03.jpg

shot-23_08.22_01_20.02-0902.thumb.jpg.f70187b2dc96d930280969b9dce1e449.jpg

shot-23.08.22_01.20.05-0981.jpg

Edited by Frostbow
  • Like 1

I would say about half my matches have been without CVs.

When CVs do show up, Essex is probably the most common, which is understandable considering I play on the NA server. However, WG directly imported the old Essex hull without modifications, meaning she maintains her overmatchable (25mm IIRC) deck despite being elevated to tier X. In a field where every other CV has an armored deck (even tier XI United States had her deck buffed a few patches after release) it’s a notable weakness, and I’ve started to see BB players asking friendly CVs to spot them at the beginning of the match to take them off the board early.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

Have played many times without CVs, and quite often with 3 or 4 bots. It doesn't seem to be a popular mode.

It actually pays very well and contributes to all the mission objectives without affecting stats.

10 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

I would say about half my matches have been without CVs.

When CVs do show up, Essex is probably the most common, which is understandable considering I play on the NA server. However, WG directly imported the old Essex hull without modifications, meaning she maintains her overmatchable (25mm IIRC) deck despite being elevated to tier X. In a field where every other CV has an armored deck (even tier XI United States had her deck buffed a few patches after release) it’s a notable weakness, and I’ve started to see BB players asking friendly CVs to spot them at the beginning of the match to take them off the board early.

These are the testbed ships, they are "least possible effort" stuff ATM however IIRC Essex never had armored flight decks IRL either?

2 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

These are the testbed ships, they are "least possible effort" stuff ATM however IIRC Essex never had armored flight decks IRL either?

Correct, she did not. Midway was the first US carrier to feature an armored flight deck, while the Essex-class featured an armored hanger deck like other US CVs. This is a game and not reality, however, and lacking an armored flight deck at tier X is a huge weakness considering the accuracy and lethality of BBs at high tiers. That’s why I brought up United States: she was also designed IRL and originally implemented in-game without an armored flight deck, but WG buffed her deck shortly after release because she was incredibly vulnerable compared to other tier XI and tier X CVs.

7 hours ago, Frostbow said:

Has anyone experienced playing the second iteration of Concealed Maneuvers only to be in a match where there were no CVs?

I've been experiencing it lately. Has something changed?

I've had a few Concealed Maneuvers matches with zero CV's.  I was playing the mode a day or two ago.  It was a bit of a surprise.

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I think the other big question is whether anyone is playing Taiho...

I plan to play her, now that she's unlocked for me.  The Essex, too.
But I'm also working on the Somme missions and the CM mode is time-gated. 
So, when I'm down to just the CV missions, I anticipate attempting to make progress in the Concealed Maneuvers mode.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I think the other big question is whether anyone is playing Taiho...

5 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The Essex, too

I had a battle where there two (Essex and Taiho) were on the opposite team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, palestreamer said:

It actually pays very well and contributes to all the mission objectives without affecting stats.

Yes. And I can do some moves I normally would not do in the usual Random Battle, and not affect anyone's stats. LOL

shot-23_08.21_02_40.20-0802.thumb.jpg.1675e1e0d232d4c8db0ae66e981e9f52.jpg

shot-23_08.21_02_40.23-0768.thumb.jpg.08ae4582c3de8f0173d74e18ee05c525.jpg

shot-23_08.21_02_40.28-0135.thumb.jpg.6e36552ea8e9174663f1090925cc9186.jpg

• Like 1