Any way to get the "Royal Navy" Somme camo for free?

RSRampage01

So i just got the Somme and it's "Lest We Forget" perma camo from the Somme collection and I was wondering why the default camo didn't come with the ship aswell?
Did I miss a combat chain that had it or does weegee really expect us to pay 4000 doubloons for  very basic perma camo?

sommecamo.thumb.PNG.8f86dc86dd8e8aa2124e661fc6ff46cd.PNG

• Haha 1

@RSRampage01Did I miss a combat chain that had it or does weegee really expect us to pay 4000 doubloons for very basic perma camo?

Do you have to ask (lol)?  Sorry, just got a chuckle out of that question.  If I had to bet, you are going to have to cough up some doubloons - did not see it in the chain.

1 minute ago, HogHammer said:

Do you have to ask (lol)?  Sorry, just got a chuckle out of that question.  If I had to bet, you are going to have to cough up some doubloons - did not see it in the chain.

I hope this wont become a trend, as previous "free" premiums in events/collections like these such as the oklahoma, came with both the default and the special perma camos. Thanks.

Pretty sure we ll get one of those Epoch T9 permaflage + bonus packs for anniversary or therabouts, now that they are separate entities one should be able to slap the camo on none ship and the bonuses on another one, they look rather ok-ish... Unless one is a purist ofc but then well f-it

6 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Pretty sure we ll get one of those Epoch T9 permaflage + bonus packs for anniversary or therabouts, now that they are separate entities one should be able to slap the camo on none ship and the bonuses on another one, they look rather ok-ish... Unless one is a purist ofc but then well f-it

I much preferred the old Epoch camo with the old WoWs logo. They were recently changed as part of the process of removing the old logo from a bunch of camos, and the new round custom “Epoch” logo looks really out of place, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, RSRampage01 said:

Did I miss a combat chain that had it or does weegee really expect us to pay 4000 doubloons for  very basic perma camo?

FWIW we touched on this a bit in the 'progress' thread:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RSRampage01 said:

So i just got the Somme and it's "Lest We Forget" perma camo from the Somme collection and I was wondering why the default camo didn't come with the ship aswell?

sommecamo.thumb.PNG.8f86dc86dd8e8aa2124e661fc6ff46cd.PNG

Technically the Somme "Lest We Forget" perma camo IS the default/standard camo for it. There actually isn't a normal "standard" perma camo for it that I am aware of.

That other perma camo for Somme called "Royal Navy" is an alternate perma camo for it that a lot of other DD's in the line have available as well. The same Royal Navy alternate perma camo is also available for:

Gallant

Image1.thumb.jpg.4ff8df71d3fc6ab6a26a8d6a5f9667c9.jpg

Cossack:

Image2.thumb.jpg.651ba514efbf68e7758cafc13ef59194.jpg

Lightning:

Image3.thumb.jpg.8acf9106f6823dea22e931061087fbb1.jpg

Jutland:

Image4.thumb.jpg.7cc92850c9a0555a5ff8cc55c1624c7c.jpg

Daring:

Image5.thumb.jpg.f10b84dd15a0babca5bbb048772c3169.jpg

So again, no typical standard/default perma camo for Somme it appears. The "Lest We Forget" special perma camo appears to be its standard/default one.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Thanks 1