The Pozharsky is TRASH

Scrubby_McScrub

13 hours ago, Scrubby_McScrub said:

Should have known that free ship would be a huge let down. 

For those that don't know, it's an AP only Kutuzov with short duration British smoke. Useless 4km torps instead of the 8km on the Kutuzov. 

If you are grinding hard for this, just don't bother. One battle was enough for me. There are quite literally no redeeming aspects of this ship. 

welp, I got that ship, and yes, it isn't great, but I found him - fun (in t8 MM to be precise). 

• Like 2

I don't have it yet, but will probably tomorrow.  The grind for it was REALLY light.  In dockyard events with the amount I play I need to really focus on accomplishing the tasks for a given week, playing the right type of ships to get the easiest/quickest tasks done.  I've completed each stage's tasks for this without changing my play patterns, just working on my normal tech line grinds or playing whatever premium I felt like.  That the ship is underwhelming was a given from the start given the ease of obtaining it.  Normally WG only does Tier VI or so reward ships like this, so that was a bit of a red flag too.

That said, for many free to play players this may be their first high tier premium and could prove very useful to them for earning credits.  

• Like 1

If she's put on sale in armory then I'll say just go for the other boats, but hey, it's free anyway.

Pozharsky's in-game design can be described as very......WG-ish. She's like so many premiums (e.g. heavily secondary focused battleships, Almirante Grau, or any ship that's designed on a gimmick, you name it.) that out perform her peers under certain circumstances, but is meh or worse for the rest of the time.

She's got very good ballistics (got improved on this certain ship) and penetration for 152 mm guns and a long range, which makes aiming even easier than her same class peers, but as a price her damage dealing capability is limited by having AP only. The same rule applies to almost all ships in this game, boats lose some traits when they get others.

WG expect 40-50k average damage (server number) on a T8 cruiser, personally I think she should't have big trouble achieving this number even with those limitations, her biggest problem is the extreme lack on damage consistency.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

She's got very good ballistics (got improved on this certain ship) and penetration for 152 mm guns and a long range, which makes aiming even easier than her same class peers, but as a price her damage dealing capability is limited by having AP only. The same rule applies to almost all ships in this game, boats lose some traits when they get others.

WG expect 40-50k average damage (server number) on a T8 cruiser, personally I think she should't have big trouble achieving this number even with those limitations, her biggest problem is the extreme lack on damage consistency.

With the much better ballistics and range, you have more options for picking targets instead of shooting that bow-tanking target in front of you. And if you must, the ballistics lets you target specific areas easier. Eg. Superstructure.

She even gets same DPM as Edinburgh.

Inconsistency is just another case of RN CLs / PanAM CLs. It has always been an issue against players that know to just angle.

Edit: The lack of a heal, does leave something to be desired tho.

Edited by Verytis

7 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

It does.... 

As you can see from chart....  it gets 5 degree improvement which is the same as all the soviet heavy line.

As for the pen... it gets about a 1/3 improvement over Kutuzov guns which gets it close to 8" territory. 

In practice this means that you can cit cruisers (normal t6-t8 ones...not paper Omaha) beyond up to 13-15km range where all other 6" cruiser guns normally can't beyond 10km...

image.thumb.png.acc11be44e22b1ed3fb5b1bc297117d7.pngimage.thumb.png.acc11be44e22b1ed3fb5b1bc297117d7.png

That is interesting and what I was lead to expect. Just the recent video reviews for it I saw all said she only got better fuse time and nothing else on the AP, and the gameplay examples in them looked like just that was the case, she was doing pretty crappy damage even against broadsides... That table is not from an older version maybe?

PvP wise she might be very hit or miss depending on MM and how bad the enemy is.

Ops wise, that AP performance may make her really good (may even be cracked for Aegis) but probably not as easy to make work as say Mainz, Bayard, or even Tallinn/P Bag

Still hard to complain about a free T8 premium though.

I got it yesterday after they added asymmetric battles to the list of ones that counted towards the North Pole missions.

I wouldn't call it "bad" but it does require opportunities. I first played it in an asymmetric battle and it did fine. Then took it into Operations and drew Narai. Not so bad there either but you need to play it differently. As you can see, it's not a brawler in the bay (Colorado blapped me, but I did land my torps on it) but as a supporting ship it does just fine. 2nd highest XP in the match.

I'm reasonably satisfied with it so far. I wanted a T8 Soviet prem to play in Ops but wasn't willing to pay real money (for any ship). 

shot-23.11.25_20.17.55-0958.jpg

• Like 1

I mean, it's free so I can't complain much about that.

I don't think anyone expected a completely free ship to be topping tier lists though. It's rare when they do.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zaydin said:

I don't think anyone expected a completely free ship to be topping tier lists though. It's rare when they do.

Yeah.  
I welcomed the D. Pozharsky to my Port, yesterday.  Sailed her a few times.  She may not be over-powered, but she didn't feel "bad".
Interestingly, the rudder-shift time is pretty good even before applying hull modules.  She's reasonably nimble, in my opinion.

Of course, I'm the type of player who had set-up their Mikoyan with a secondary-battery build (two Captain's Skills re-work events ago) just for the heck of it.  🙂 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yeah.  
I welcomed the D. Pozharsky to my Port, yesterday.  Sailed her a few times.  She may not be over-powered, but she didn't feel "bad".
Interestingly, the rudder-shift time is pretty good even before applying hull modules.  She's reasonably nimble, in my opinion.

Of course, I'm the type of player who had set-up their Mikoyan with a secondary-battery build (two Captain's Skills re-work events ago) just for the heck of it.  🙂 

Its not bad, not great.....

I had a decent couple of battles with her.
Treated her more like a Minotaur, and she seemed to do fine.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2023 at 3:38 AM, Zaydin said:

If it was free, I would have one.

On 11/25/2023 at 4:18 PM, Verytis said:

It has always been an issue against players that know to just angle.

Heh. In ships that have multiple ammo types, co-op bots that were happily sailing broadside start angling literally as soon as you push the button to select AP shells. They know, the little sneaks. They have spies on your bridge that tell them things! 😂

• Haha 1

Shares the nimble handling of MK, and the fragility. 

Lovely ballistics and pen angles. Making lemonade out of lemons, captain builds can vary since the IFHE/no IFHE decision isnt there, and having 4 smokes stock doesnt make SI as desirable.

Nowhere near as comfortable to play as Kutuzov, to me it suggests both damage inconsistency and a high floor/ high ceiling performance. 

4 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Heh. In ships that have multiple ammo types, co-op bots that were happily sailing broadside start angling literally as soon as you push the button to select AP shells. They know, the little sneaks. They have spies on your bridge that tell them things! 😂

I love when they perfectly dodge salvos too...they know exactly where those shells are going the moment they are fired!

This at least makes fighting them slightly more of a challenge!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

If it was free, I would have one.

It was free.  Don't give us any of that nonsense about not being free because you had to play the game to get it.  If you don't want to play a game, don't, but then you shouldn't have any issues with not getting stuff in a game you don't play.  To get this ship I did not have to alter my play at all, not once.

• Like 2
  • Bored 1

9 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

It was free.  Don't give us any of that nonsense about not being free because you had to play the game to get it.  If you don't want to play a game, don't, but then you shouldn't have any issues with not getting stuff in a game you don't play.  To get this ship I did not have to alter my play at all, not once.

If I have to earn the ship, it isn't free. It costs time and effort.

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

If I have to earn the ship, it isn't free. It costs time and effort.

But it didn't cost time and effort.  The tasks were so easy that just playing the game completed them.

But, I understand your position, as absurd as I think it is, you do you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Helstrem said:

Yessir. I got it without altering my play in any way: without changing when, what ship, what game mode, or how much I played. Thats a free ship boyos. 

Edited by Pugilistic

I've only played Poz (or Pos, depending on your perspective) in CoOP and Alternative.  Did fairly well over 20 games.  Has good defensive angles and feels pretty sturdy.  In CoOP you can definitely get in close enough to use your torps.   In Alternative, your AP crushes the opposing Cruisers.  It's just a new experience.  Is it worth the grind?  Well, it was nice to have any Premium ship at the end of the grind.  Just my 2 cents.  

Edited by Captain_Rawhide

1 hour ago, Helstrem said:

But it didn't cost time and effort.  The tasks were so easy that just playing the game completed them.

But, I understand your position, as absurd as I think it is, you do you.

Indeed. Value is often in the eye of the beholder.

8 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Indeed. Value is often in the eye of the beholder.

Again, since you don't seem to understand.  I did literally nothing to get it.  It was free.  I never altered my play choices, I never played more, I never did anything that I wasn't already doing.

It was free.

• Haha 1