Godzilla vs. Kong: The Titans Return (November 2023)

Wolfswetpaws

Godzilla vs. Kong:  The Titans Return
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/godzilla-vs-kong-the-titans-return-in-1210/

Captains!

The sea is being whipped into a frenzy—Godzilla and Kong are about to face each other in a legendary battle of the Titans once again! It's impossible to be a passive observer—you have to get involved! A chain of combat missions with themed camouflages and a "Two Titans—One King" Premium container as rewards already await their heroes! Besides this, bundles with Commanders Godzilla and Kong, permanent camouflages, ships, and other items are back in the Armory and Premium Shop.

The bundles will be available for purchase until: Dec 6, 01:00 AM PT (UTC-8) / your local time: Dec 6, 04:00 AM

Titans: Large Pack - Godzilla: Apex Monster - Kong: Primordial Rage - Two Titans—One King - Expendable Camouflages - The Legendary Confrontation

Godzilla vs. Kong: The Titans Return  World of Warships Official Channel

THE LEGENDARY CONFRONTATION

Captain, it's time to choose your side. Which Titan will you support: formidable Godzilla or mighty Kong? Decide on your team to obtain a special combat mission chain. Completing it will reward you with camouflages and a "Two Titans—One King" Premium container.

Starts: Nov 24, 01:00 AM PT (UTC-8) / your local time: Nov 24, 04:00 AM

Ends: Dec 6, 01:00 AM PT (UTC-8) / your local time: Dec 6, 04:00 AM

The Armory has a Godzilla vs. Kong section (as of this writing, the morning of 24 November 2023).
From what I could discern, Commander Godzilla or Commander Kong are available as a chance result from a "Two Titans - One King" premium container.
Otherwise, one would have to purchase one of the bundles which has a Commander included with a ship & camouflage.

There is also a mission chain avaiable for players to choose a side, Godzilla or Kong, and then play the associated missions.

More information available at the News Page on World of Warships
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/godzilla-vs-kong-the-titans-return-in-1210/

so i am a bit confused, the promo certainly has some shots with Kong and Zilla on the ships.

Anyone buy this yet and confirm the camo includes the titans standing on the ships? I might actually pay for that, but if they are just plain camos not so.

1 minute ago, kerg said:

so i am a bit confused, the promo certainly has some shots with Kong and Zilla on the ships.

Anyone buy this yet and confirm the camo includes the titans standing on the ships? I might actually pay for that, but if they are just plain camos not so.

The monsters are only on the ship in port. In battle they are gone and it's a bog standard camo, with no extras.

6 minutes ago, kerg said:

The "fine print" is even in the video.
Commanders Godzilla and Kong only appear on the ships while the ships are in Port.

With them not on the ship during battle, it is a bit less entertaining, but they don't increase the size of the ship's "hit box", either.

The camouflage does appear on the ship during battle, though. 
And it looks pretty cool on my Amagi (I got the camo from a previous collaboration event).
I don't have the camo for the North Carolina, though.  And unless I'm very lucky with a container drop, it's beyond my budget at the moment.

34 minutes ago, kerg said:

They aren't on deck in battle, but the 2 ships do have unique "horns" when used in battle.

• Like 1

When this first came out, we'd just watched the film for the umpteenth time. My wife took one look at the work of the art department and basically said "BUY THAT. ALL OF IT."

Me: "Before I push this buy button and spend X amount of dollars [I gave her the actual number], you are aware that I'm not gaining any functional advantage for the ships and that it's just bling and growly voices, right?"

Her: "YES. PUSH THE BUTTON."

• Haha 5

And the new movie - Godzilla minus One - opens Dec 1 here in the US.  Supposed to be very good, at least according to all the reviews - Japanese made, so none of the silly stuff US movie makers put into their movies...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, sonoasailor said:

And the new movie - Godzilla minus One - opens Dec 1 here in the US.  Supposed to be very good, at least according to all the reviews - Japanese made, so none of the silly stuff US movie makers put into their movies...

Made in Japan, so it might actually be worth watching, that's good news, thanks for the heads up.

looked at the missions - funny - all the missions EXCEPT the 2nd mission (earn 3 achievements) can be done in Co-op.  Dont know why they even bother...

• Like 1