Mine Christmas rewards comparation 2022-2023 table

VedranSeawolf359

On 11/21/2023 at 6:34 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

After doing the long grind of the Izumo to research the Yamato, I gained an appreciation for the Izumo.
Perhaps we merely spent time together and 'bonded' somehow? 
Or, perhaps I really did discover the ship's virtues and learn to play her well and enjoy sailing her.  🙂 

Anyway, while grinding a ship (to research the next ship) a player is earning credits and XP along with other stuff awarded during the course of one's play.

Earning, instead of spending.

Sure, if one has the assets & commodities and chooses to spend them, then that is their decision.
Everyone has their own criteria.  🙂 

The original Izzy or the 2nd version? Ive heard the current Izzy is quite comfortable to drive. I can say from experience that the first Izzy was not fun at all and the A hull was nothing more than a CV XP pinata!

24 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

The original Izzy or the 2nd version? Ive heard the current Izzy is quite comfortable to drive. I can say from experience that the first Izzy was not fun at all and the A hull was nothing more than a CV XP pinata!

I completed the grind in February of 2021.  Enclosed is the text of the post I wrote about it (on the old forum).

Posted February 1, 2021

From: Kaigun Chūjo Azuma (the 2nd.), aboard the good ship Izumo

To: Alpha of the Port, Wolfswetpaws and the Adjutant of the Port, Fubuki Shirakami (the 1st.)

Subject: The "Great Harmony" is unlocked

Alpha-sama,
Adjutant-sama,

Through torps served cold, and volleys unnumbered
My crew and I sailed the Izumo into adversity
To free the kami that sleeps 'neath the ocean
Our ship sustained her course
though the perils were great
"Redi, tachiagari !!!"

In service of the Port!

~The Izumo and her crew

Spoiler

Inspiration for the verses above was drawn from the movie Labyrinth
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091369/quotes/

Specifically, lines spoken by the character named Sarah
The version below was edited for brevity. The full quote can be found at the link, above.

Sarah: Through dangers untold. And hardships unnumbered. I have fought my way here to the castle;beyond the goblin city, to take back the child that you have stolen. My will is as strong as yours, and mykingdom as great...
Sarah: My kingdom as great... my kingdom as great... damn, I can never remember that line.
Sarah: You have no power over me!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the process of crafting a version to depict the slog that the Izumo and her crew have endured, in order to research the tech-tree Yamato, I admit my knowledge of Japanese is very imperfect.
I relied upon online translation websites and possibly took too much poetic license.
Anyway, the line "Redi, tachiagari !!!" is intended to translate as "Lady, rise !!!".
With the Lady in question being the spirit, or kami, of the Yamato.

A figurative nod of appreciation for @DrQlock's work, on his own "Iron & Blood" web comic series, is also intended.
https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/153764-web-comic-series-iron-blood/

For the curious, I played Izumo in many battles, often random battles.
While numerous signal-flags were consumed during the 'quest' to research the Yamato, no Free-XP was utilized.
That was a personal criteria I was often tempted to compromise, but refrained from doing so.
Therefore, I derive personal satisfaction from the achievement, however commonplace it may be amongmy fellow players.

Edited to add a valid link for DrQlock's website  https://www.wicked-comix.com/

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

On 11/22/2023 at 4:08 PM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I used to think that way and I was proved very badly wrong.

well, then you got swayed by personal preference of somebody else ... since there is no right or wrong in which ships you prioritize ... it is your choice ...

f.e. I am a DD main, there are many more coal DDs than there are steel DDs ...

Edited by Hugh_Ruka

2 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

well, then you got swayed by personal preference of somebody else

Um... no. I am quite capable of making my own decisions on the basis of my own intuition and then modifying my opinions based on subsequent experience.