ModStation version?

Musket22

I've able to download version 2.1.0.9

I've deleted and reinstalled ModStation.

It's been around for 2 updates, is this the latest?

Also, since the last 2 updates, Roslich has NOT been available (greyed out).

Does anyone know if he is updating this Mod or has given up doing so?

image.png.ddfba7dd0ecfc078dc75e520bd17e3fb.png

I'm not sure, but I think Roslich is no longer maintained for the Modstation. I haven't yet picked up Aslain's so I don't know if it's possible included in it. It's the one I was using myself for info panels.

In my humble opinion 🙂 The Modstation currently features outdated mods. I believe they face challenges in debugging it because they received the Modstation code from the original authors, Lesta. However, following the split, Lesta no longer appears to assist WG with Modstation, leading to various issues in adapting the mods due to this division. Unlike them, I've established good connections with numerous modders and can promptly respond to mod and game updates so if you like to, use my modpack until Modstation gets properly maintained.

However WG (game devs) should prioritize the development of the game and addressing its issues rather than taking on the responsibility of creating and managing a modpack. The concept of the Modstation modpack originated from Russia about five or six years ago when they hired (Timur) an individual responsible for the only available WoWs modpack at the time who was making it only for CIS (RU) audience. That's why I decided back them to make own modpack for the Western users. However, in my opinion, this approach doesn't work well here and should be abandoned. Modpacks and mods should be left to modding enthusiasts. However, if they still want to continue managing it here for Wargaming, it should be done with the appropriate priority and resources. Of course, from the average player's perspective, having such a modpack is fantastic. On the other hand, if someone were to consider this idea, in my opinion, they would come to the conclusion that it would be better for the game developers to implement such modification ideas into the game rather than wasting time and resources managing something that should be in the game, not as a mod 😉 That's just my humble opinion...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the clarification- makes sense to me.

4 minutes ago, Aslain said:

On the other hand, if someone were to consider this idea, in my opinion, they would come to the conclusion that it would be better for the game developers to implement such modification ideas into the game rather than wasting time and resources managing something that should be in the game, not as a mod

Spot on. I did wonder why WG did not move this capacity in-house. Glad you stepped in as you did.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aslain said:

In my humble opinion 🙂 The Modstation currently features outdated mods. I believe they face challenges in debugging it because they received the Modstation code from the original authors, Lesta. However, following the split, Lesta no longer appears to assist WG with Modstation, leading to various issues in adapting the mods due to this division. Unlike them, I've established good connections with numerous modders and can promptly respond to mod and game updates so if you like to, use my modpack until Modstation gets properly maintained.

However WG (game devs) should prioritize the development of the game and addressing its issues rather than taking on the responsibility of creating and managing a modpack. The concept of the Modstation modpack originated from Russia about five or six years ago when they hired (Timur) an individual responsible for the only available WoWs modpack at the time who was making it only for CIS (RU) audience. That's why I decided back them to make own modpack for the Western users. However, in my opinion, this approach doesn't work well here and should be abandoned. Modpacks and mods should be left to modding enthusiasts. However, if they still want to continue managing it here for Wargaming, it should be done with the appropriate priority and resources. Of course, from the average player's perspective, having such a modpack is fantastic. On the other hand, if someone were to consider this idea, in my opinion, they would come to the conclusion that it would be better for the game developers to implement such modification ideas into the game rather than wasting time and resources managing something that should be in the game, not as a mod 😉 That's just my humble opinion...

First thank you for your information. I would have thought the statistical data of the downloads from ModStation would give a hint to WG what mod features WG should have integrated into WoWS. I guess WG dissed that information too as feedback. The more and more I see this background information, it makes me wonder if WG really gives a toot on WoWS's  development. What has WG been working on instead of improving WoWS? Because everything seems copy pasta by WG for battle modes and ships. Where is the originality and progressive game play improvements?

Edited by Tpaktop2_1 NA

On 11/19/2023 at 1:38 PM, Musket22 said:

Also, since the last 2 updates, Roslich has NOT been available (greyed out).

I know there are two options available to players for a mod client, ModStation and Aslains, but from personal experience and opinion, Aslains is far better.  I stopped using ModStation long ago since updates seemed to be factually updated slower and included later than Aslains.  I use Roslich's panel, and Aslain updates it like clockwork.  At first, Aslain may seem a little overwhelming due to the overall number of mods, but once you select them, you are ready to go - update after update.  It's just a far better interface with very reliable updates.

• Like 2