Computer build

16 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

What ones did you get?

I couldn't find the one in your picture here, so I got this (because it's nice and clean and no nonsense though it lacks a top clip but I can fix that):

image.png.bb0140065c2ae827089a2452cad503d7.png

and in a fit of madness, this (which has RGB lighting, but it's ok because none of my cases have windows. I think I can flip one of the arms here to sandwich the card):

image.png.f62af5a642edb7a73bbeb457efc91977.png

1 minute ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

I couldn't find the one in your picture here, so I got this (because it's nice and clean and no nonsense though it lacks a top clip but I can fix that):

image.png.bb0140065c2ae827089a2452cad503d7.png

and in a fit of madness, this (which has RGB lighting, but it's ok because none of my cases have windows. I think I can flip one of the arms here to sandwich the card):

image.png.f62af5a642edb7a73bbeb457efc91977.png

I gave you a link to it right above the pick. 😎

I have seen people use the top one a lot. I almost got the bottom one (or a similar one can't really tell) as I have the side glass panel and lots of RGB. But ended up not doing it as hooking it up with all my other stuff was going to be a pain plus I hate cable showing.

One note on the free standing GPU supports like the top one and the one I showed. If you find that it moves a bit over time (fan vibration, maybe there are train tracks near you, etc...) you can get some thin clear 2 sided tape and put it on the bottom of the mount to hold it in place. What works good are the small replacement tape strips for those 3M wall hooks. They hold well but peel off without damaging the surface or leaving residue. Some of them are magnetic which helps too (is the top one magnetic?).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

is the top one magnetic

both are magnetic, allegedly. I shall try them out immediately on my credit card...😄

i have some of those 3M pads too - PowerStrips or such like.

• Like 1