Fr05ty's Pan American DD line (saved on wayback archive)

RSRampage01

https://web.archive.org/web/20230818195451/https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/231519-fr05tys-panamerican-destroyer-tech-tree/?

Thoughts on this line idea? while the specific stats may be up for debate, i think the ship choices are rather superb.

i wonder if this line may see combat instructions aswell, perhaps operating with the same requirements as the cruiser line.

• Thanks 2

It may be possible that if these lines were implemented, their play style could be similar to the Gearing line, their play style could be similar to the Pan-Asian destroyers line with the difference that this line would equip normal torpedoes with the difference that their torpedoes would be the shortest range in the game, that they would not contain smoke screen like the French destroyers or that their smoke screen would be short-lived like the British destroyers.

7 hours ago, Odinson said:

It may be possible that if these lines were implemented, their play style could be similar to the Gearing line, their play style could be similar to the Pan-Asian destroyers line with the difference that this line would equip normal torpedoes with the difference that their torpedoes would be the shortest range in the game, that they would not contain smoke screen like the French destroyers or that their smoke screen would be short-lived like the British destroyers.

i could see them with combat instructions , hydro, and a heal similar to the cl line. 

20 hours ago, RSRampage01 said:

i could see them with combat instructions , hydro, and a heal similar to the cl line. 

I sure hope not.

Except maybe for the prem boats.

Actually the Riveros should probably be a T10 boat with the real life 50 rpm ROF.  The ballistics are also close to the the IJN 100mm (maybe even better) so at least a quarter pen rule would be needed to make these guns viable. 

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNCHL_4-62_Vickers.php

The Pan am DD line is probably the last full line of non-fantasy ships that WG can do.... I'm a little surprised they have been so slow to jump on it, but maybe I shouldn't be.

1 hour ago, YouSatInGum said:

Actually the Riveros should probably be a T10 boat with the real life 50 rpm ROF.  The ballistics are also close to the the IJN 100mm (maybe even better) so at least a quarter pen rule would be needed to make these guns viable. 

You make a very convincing arguement. It could probably fill a similar role to groningen or forrest sherman.

2 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

The Pan am DD line is probably the last full line of non-fantasy ships that WG can do.... I'm a little surprised they have been so slow to jump on it, but maybe I shouldn't be.

Hate to rain on your parade, but with the failure of the CL line I personally wouldn't expect them to come soon. They care about money and most people didn't get sold on the Pan-am CLs, I suspect that's going to severely impact development in the future of any other branches. To be fair though, thats WG's fault, for making a branch too reliant on a bad gimmick and the Tier X being the only ship even remotely worth considering(La Argentina is decent, but being at tier V its hard to evaluate her performance as your playing against people who's tactical knowledge is pretty much point, click, bang! and then sail in a straight line), but even then its not that great of a tier X.

Edited by MBT808

On 8/19/2023 at 8:25 PM, MBT808 said:

Hate to rain on your parade, but with the failure of the CL line I personally wouldn't expect them to come soon. They care about money and most people didn't get sold on the Pan-am CLs, I suspect that's going to severely impact development in the future of any other branches. To be fair though, thats WG's fault, for making a branch too reliant on a bad gimmick and the Tier X being the only ship even remotely worth considering(La Argentina is decent, but being at tier V its hard to evaluate her performance as your playing against people who's tactical knowledge is pretty much point, click, bang! and then sail in a straight line), but even then its not that great of a tier X.

Wargamimg needs to reverse the final nerf made to those cruisers. It's a travesty that they were gimped by reload and AA. They should've kept the spotter and radar in separate consumable slots.

On 8/18/2023 at 10:55 PM, RSRampage01 said:

You are quite right, my mistake.

I am really surprised that this line is not in the game, the funny thing is that a 100% real line that doesn't have ships that stayed on paper so to speak.

Your idea is very good and should be taken into account, besides that kind of lines are the ones I love, as you can see with the Pan-Asiatic which is my favorite.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RSRampage01 said:

Reload and AA

I will give you the reload, that definitely contributed but that wasn't the only underlying problem(or even the most significant). AA was not a contributing factor what so ever in why people disliked(or hated) the pan-am CL line, your the first person I've ever seen suggest that was even an issue at all. If the pan-am CL line had released pre-cv rework then maybe there would be a case. But saying AA nerfs ruined a line now, then the pan-am CL line can get in line with basically every surface ship line(and premium) in the game. Unless WG nerfs plane survivability and moves damage to DPS instead of flak(and removes the stupid accuracy modifier), then AA will continue to be an irrelevant stat essentially on surface ships(AA is only relevant if the CV is absolutely brain dead and flys in a straight line absorbing all the flak bursts).

Their main problem imho is they nerfed them couse of their gimmick but the gimmick is well lets say (to be polite) situational at best

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Their main problem imho is they nerfed them couse of their gimmick but the gimmick is well lets say (to be polite) situational at best

Pretty much, San martin though remained mostly intact with the gimmick(gotta make the rest of the line as unbearable as possible so people spend money to get the tier X! -WG marketing team). I'd say the reload, making the consumable(without the combat instructions) reload painfully slow, losing their HE(honestly, this alone might have made the line at least okay), improved ricochet angles on the AP but everything else about it being medioce at best, and making the combat instructions lose progress crazy fast(huge problem on tier VI and VII).

I honestly would nominate the Pan-am CL line as the worst line ever released in WoWs history(tied with the IJN CL line).

Edited by MBT808

8 minutes ago, MBT808 said:

I honestly would nominated the Pan-am CL line as the worst line ever released in WoWs history(tied with the IJN CL line).

👍

• Thanks 1