What is the Best Black Friday ship?

Frostbow

18 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

True. One question, what is Wendy's?

Fast food chain, Bob is just his usual charming self.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

True. One question, what is Wendy's?

Wendy's nutz are all over ur face lmao

• Haha 3

Just now, UnrepentantSinner said:

Fast food chain, Bob is just his usual charming self.

I see you're a massive fan of mine, reacting on every post and reply I make. Thank you didn't know I was so appreciated. 

2 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

I see you're a massive fan of mine, reacting on every post and reply I make. Thank you didn't know I was so appreciated. 

Always aiming to please, you're quite welcome.

• Haha 2

Best: Massa B.

I have Cossack B from previous Black Friday, honestly - ship is great. But I am not one who should write about dds. Reason: lack of expirience and knowledge about dds (there is more that I need learn first before I will write).

On 11/6/2023 at 3:34 AM, clammboy said:

I also like the Black Mass and she's fun to play. Only thing I dont like is she is uptiered all the time and even though she can handle herself quite well .

Her lack of range is a problem in uptiered games and she's really bad against subs especially tier 10 subs.

still think up (down) tier by 2 should have automatic 20% fire range and HP. or something like that.

17 hours ago, Otago_F111 said:

still think up (down) tier by 2 should have automatic 20% fire range and HP. or something like that.

If they did that what exactly would motivate the people to spend 100-120€ on a T10 premium ship?

Graf Zep B (she's the secondary build CV, normal Graf Zep is a proper CV, which is not easy in GZ). I do like B ships (I have a fair few) as it allows me to set them up completely differently, as the GZ builds indicate.

3 hours ago, Yedwy said:

If they did that what exactly would motivate the people to spend 100-120€ on a T10 premium ship?

You dont buy tier 10 premim ships to seal club tier 8 Ships any tier 10 BB out ranges the tier 8 Mass . I get premium ships because they come with all upgrade modules, I can switch captains for free, I earn more credits per battle, and I dont have to grind a line for it.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, clammboy said:

You dont buy tier 10 premim ships to seal club tier 8 Ships any tier 10 BB out ranges the tier 8 Mass . I get premium ships because they come with all upgrade modules, I can switch captains for free, I earn more credits per battle, and I dont have to grind a line for it.

No people bought preem T10 ships to a) always be top tier with a ship they dont need to keep a cap on (before T11 was added ofc) and b) have the credit and xp bonuses the permaflage gives WHILE being the top tier

Edited by Yedwy

7 hours ago, Yedwy said:

No people bought preem T10 ships to a) always be top tier with a ship they dont need to keep a cap on (before T11 was added ofc) and b) have the credit and xp bonuses the permaflage gives WHILE being the top tier

Sorry I don’t follow what’s a permaflag. And what does keep a cap on mean. You get the credit bonus and XP bonus which is useless in tier 10 whether you are up tiered or not you don’t have to be top tier to get the credit bonus or XP bonus . Any premium ship no matter what tier or whether it’s up tiered or not gets a credit bonus. like I said most people like premiums because you don’t have to pay to switch captains, there’s no gridding, you get extra credits, I will give you that some people like the tier 10 premium because there not up tiered very often but that goes for any tier 10. 

Edited by clammboy
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, clammboy said:

Sorry I don’t follow what’s a permaflag. And what does keep a cap on mean. You get the credit bonus and XP bonus which is useless in tier 10 whether you are up tiered or not you don’t have to be top tier to get the credit bonus or XP bonus . Any premium ship no matter what tier or whether it’s up tiered or not gets a credit bonus. like I said most people like premiums because you don’t have to pay to switch captains, there’s no gridding, you get extra credits, I will give you that some people like the tier 10 premium because there not up tiered very often but that goes for any tier 10. 

Permaflage? Permanet camo with the permanent economic bonus of 50% credits et attached? It used to be one entitiy now its the economic bonus you really want but they used to be linked...

To keep a capitan trained on that ship, insdead of having you say Yammamot on Yamato you can have her on IDK Zao and use ARP Yamato and not being gimped from the getgo by being lower tier then the enemy is a hughe psychological factor if nothing else...

On 11/5/2023 at 4:11 AM, MBT808 said:

To a degree yes, but there are some extremely solid tier IX ships in the game without question, Alaska isn't the only one.

• Tulsa is decent all rounder, she can do very well if you know how and where to employ her. Though I wouldn't say she's quite on par with Alaska, she does some things better than Alaska while providing a similar utility and better Anti-DD capability.
  • Agir is objectively the best tier IX super cruiser, Alaskas radar is situationally better however. Her tankiness(along with Siegfried) is the among the best in the entire game for cruisers.
  • Siegfried has incredible accuracy and alpha strike most cruisers only dream of. Also highest over match among cruisers. her consistent strikes also make her a significant threat against BBs.
  • Roon is very solid kiting cruiser with probably the best guns amongst heavy cruisers at this tier. Shes decently tanky as well with her armor and extra heal charge. Her performance is very dependant on if you can adapt to her playstyle(many can't unfortunately).
  • Admiral Schroeders secondarys are interesting, the new skill changes should rectify some of her earlier issues. Shes also a fair all round cruiser, though till the skill changes she is a bit behind Siegfried and Agir.
  • Brindisi is solid as well, superb guns and above average armor. Her speed though is very useful.

Everything else though, is definitely bad, yes. Some would argue Azuma, but I honestly personally feel like she's just kinda average generally(not bad, but not good either). I wouldn't say Alaska is the best tier IX cruiser either, roughly equal, better, or worse than the above depending upon the situation/team composition.

I'd rate Tulsa and Buffalo about the same.  Tulsa has a better gun layout, but Buffalo has more DPM and alpha.  Tulsa really got done dirty... WG is dumb for doing that.  It could have been DM little brother if they had tighten up the sigma a bit and left DM's range and reload and then kept the 10km radar with 10km conceal.  It would have been a sales smash like that....and good... but not too good.  Oh well.... can't stop WG from doing own goals...

Anyway......  in terms of T9 ranked.... Alaska is certainly good, but it's not really the same OP ship it used to be since it chunks down / burns down so easily.   Actually, in the recent T9 season my go to cruiser was Sejong.  No other T9 cruiser could rack up so much damage game after game... That ship was tailor made for dealing with secondary BB's which almost every ranked game had the 3 bb max.  Kitakami level torp floods and when built for it... Smolensk level fire starting (11.5% fire chance) which is a little nutty for a T9 ship.  Even against a poor matchup for it...say Versus alaska... it can usually win >> maintain a 9 to 12km kite and a disciplined angle and burn down.... disengage/go dark as needed.

• Like 3

On 11/6/2023 at 3:07 AM, BOBTHEBALL said:

cause it's the most basic common knowledge out there.

Without access to a scientifically valid study & evaluation of ships and the player's performance, the "evidence", however much it may seem like "basic common knowledge", is going to either have to be supported by data gathered using scientific methodology or categorized as an individual player's impressions.
That's how I feel, at least.  🙂 

• Like 2
  • Bored 1

3 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

I'd rate Tulsa and Buffalo about the same.  Tulsa has a better gun layout, but Buffalo has more DPM and alpha.  Tulsa really got done dirty... WG is dumb for doing that.  It could have been DM little brother if they had tighten up the sigma a bit and left DM's range and reload and then kept the 10km radar with 10km conceal.  It would have been a sales smash like that....and good... but not too good.  Oh well.... can't stop WG from doing own goals...

Anyway......  in terms of T9 ranked.... Alaska is certainly good, but it's not really the same OP ship it used to be since it chunks down / burns down so easily.   Actually, in the recent T9 season my go to cruiser was Sejong.  No other T9 cruiser could rack up so much damage game after game... That ship was tailor made for dealing with secondary BB's which almost every ranked game had the 3 bb max.  Kitakami level torp floods and when built for it... Smolensk level fire starting (11.5% fire chance) which is a little nutty for a T9 ship.  Even against a poor matchup for it...say Versus alaska... it can usually win >> maintain a 9 to 12km kite and a disciplined angle and burn down.... disengage/go dark as needed.

Honestly, never saw a sejong once in any of the last seasons so I’ll have to take your word for it. I generally found Agir is a decent all round choice, she’s tanky enough to do what you need her too, her guns are solid, and she can brawl if necessary. Siegfried can do pretty well as well, her 38s are just so consistent against BBs and cruisers(especially against other cruisers able to overmatch 25mm plating).

20 hours ago, MBT808 said:

Honestly, never saw a sejong once in any of the last seasons so I’ll have to take your word for it. I generally found Agir is a decent all round choice, she’s tanky enough to do what you need her too, her guns are solid, and she can brawl if necessary. Siegfried can do pretty well as well, her 38s are just so consistent against BBs and cruisers(especially against other cruisers able to overmatch 25mm plating).

I do like Siegfried, but the thing is I used to like it so much more before WG fucked over anybody who got it for secondaries.... and then resold it a second and 3rd time in the form of Napoli and Schroder.

The problem with Agir and Siggy in Ranked is that matchups tend to be bad for them.  Siggy specializes in CL.... but so many games have only 1 at best... often zero cruisers.... and neither Siggy or Agir can really do enough DPM to BB unless you catch them in a brawl.... and even then it better not be Pomm or Rupp....and guess what 50% of BB's were last season.

Alaska kinda works better because the AP is good enough to get more consistent damage and the radar when you have competent teammates.

But if you want to carry ranked games you need to be able to kill stuff fast.  That can be kill a DD with Buffalo or Donkey, or a BB with Sejong  but without a friendly MM Agir and Siggy struggle in that dept.

I do like Siggy in random.... but hardly play that anymore...

4 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

I do like Siegfried, but the thing is I used to like it so much more before WG fucked over anybody who got it for secondaries.... and then resold it a second and 3rd time in the form of Napoli and Schroder.

The problem with Agir and Siggy in Ranked is that matchups tend to be bad for them.  Siggy specializes in CL.... but so many games have only 1 at best... often zero cruisers.... and neither Siggy or Agir can really do enough DPM to BB unless you catch them in a brawl.... and even then it better not be Pomm or Rupp....and guess what 50% of BB's were last season.

Alaska kinda works better because the AP is good enough to get more consistent damage and the radar when you have competent teammates.

But if you want to carry ranked games you need to be able to kill stuff fast.  That can be kill a DD with Buffalo or Donkey, or a BB with Sejong  but without a friendly MM Agir and Siggy struggle in that dept.

I do like Siggy in random.... but hardly play that anymore...

Guess we’ve got different experiences here, cause I’ve never had a problem with either ship in ranked even without opposing cruisers. I’m almost always able to pull my weight in either outside of the enemy team collapsing(or mine).

On secondary Siegfried though, absolutely agree and the new skill change does basically nothing except for Schroeder and Napoli pretty much. Needs a 20% or so dispersion reduction in addition to range in order to make secondary builds viable as the base dispersion is just too high on the vast majority of cruisers.

Edited by MBT808