Salvage for Victory Event in Update 12.11

Frostbow

Can anyone enlighten me how many minutes (from Battle Start) it will take before the Kitakami can fire all 20 torpedoes (from one side) at the same time? 

(I read from the DevBlog that the Kitakami has a torpedo loader mechanic that will reduce the frequency with which she can launch large torpedo salvos. I am curious how this would translate into actual battle.)

Not a great collection of ships. I looked at the previous salvage event and decided there were better things available in the Armory (Illinois seems more fun than Champagne, especially as the golden age for French BBs in PVP is long over). Not sure anyone needs the Elli - particularly not those of us who've had Duca D'Aosta for years, and when Almirante Cochrane does pretty much everything better - and the Ferrucio and Defence seem particularly unnecessary.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

If you have Aslain's or Mod station extended tech tree you can see it in port....

e9nxbHm.png

LOL!

... but not stats other than armor.

Aactually...

5hhZWum.png

Pay attention to the AAa rating   865412DA-2E65-499D-AE3C-195F3C472ACF.gif

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Frostbow said:

After the Event,

• The first 3 ships will not be available for years.
  • Kitakami will not be available for at least 2 years.

HAHAHAHAHA !!! Yeah we have heard those a few times already ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frostbow said:

Can anyone enlighten me how many minutes (from Battle Start) it will take before the Kitakami can fire all 20 torpedoes (from one side) at the same time? 

(I read from the DevBlog that the Kitakami has a torpedo loader mechanic that will reduce the frequency with which she can launch large torpedo salvos. I am curious how this would translate into actual battle.)

Im not sure but i think the catch is that they reload sequentially. 81 sec per unit/battery, so perhaps 81x5 ?

If you have Aslain's or Mod station extended tech tree you can see it in port but not stats other than armor.

I haven't been able to get the Mod Station extended tech tree for over a month, always seems to be 'Under Construction'

8 hours ago, tocqueville8 said:

Santa crates + Elli + Ferruccio it is, then.

I'm only going for the Satan crates and maybe Elli. Ferruccio is hot trash.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

e9nxbHm.png

LOL!

Aactually...

5hhZWum.png

Pay attention to the AAa rating   865412DA-2E65-499D-AE3C-195F3C472ACF.gif

My extended tech tree mod only shows armor. You must have a different mod.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frostbow said:

From what I read that special mechanic is similar to that used on one of the Premium subs (Gato I think it is but not 100% sure). It sounds like the mechanic only applies once you have launched torps for the 1st time. I read it to mean they will all load normal at game start but then once fired for the 1st time they start reloading one at a time?

The base 81 sec reload can be reduced 10% with the torp reload Capt skill and another 15% with the torp reload module (slot 6) dropping it to around 61 sec.

• Thanks 1

It's pretty easy to whale this. You can pretty much buy RP by converting Free XP with doubloons and then just reset the Gumo line as many times as you need. 

Right now I'm sitting on enough coal and steel to get through Defense and about 45k RP. Not out of the realm of possibility that I lose my mind and spend few hundred for the rest of the RP.  I still have plenty of time to grind like hell for RP so it may not be all that bad. 100% chance I end up with Kitakami. So, enjoy eating my torps 🙂 

Edited by Scrubby_McScrub

44 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

My extended tech tree mod only shows armor. You must have a different mod.

Just to clarify, I lolled at the number of tubes and how they looked. 

Is the true WoWS testing grounds, the Grand Admiral’s Edition of our Naval Legends? Is that one of the other variants of WoWS?

IMO, there should be a token added for players that had the Kitakami before the Atago, to swap to lessen the purchase. But that is me. This is Wargaming doing business. Somehow the Kitakami will always be in controversy within WoWS. So if you want the ship you better save up for it. You better hope those New Year containers payoff well.

4 hours ago, Scrubby_McScrub said:

It's pretty easy to whale this. You can pretty much buy RP by converting Free XP with doubloons and then just reset the Gumo line as many times as you need.

Yes it is, for some players. Those who may be lacking in resources can mix and match their available resources until the desired result is achieved. Me, I'll start regrinding my favorite tech tree line. With the 2x RP multiplier for the current season, there is enough time to earn the balance of RP needed to get the Kitakami. However, I don't think the ship is worth getting considering my playstyle, considering I just play solo Randoms.

But for PVE purposes, and assuming WG will open Operations to Tier X ships, that possibility is making me rethink as I play more in PVE than in PVP.

6 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

5hhZWum.png

I wonder how tough the Kitakami's torpedo tubes are. But that will probably be the least of her owner's worries. A Malta or any other CV can absolutely wreck this ship with that abysmally low AA Defense rating. 

9 hours ago, Frostbow said:

in-game says that it reloads 10 at a time it'll reload them based on the rack designation from 1-10.

Assuming that it's reload is completly on 1 side and not split, it'll take it 160 or 120 seconds if full torp build.

else the time to launch a single side will be around 320 or 240 seconds if split ordering of the launcher are done.

• Like 1

Prob get the crates and maybe elli if i can get them for something otherwise worthless, not really interested in the resource sinks...

Edited by Yedwy

18 hours ago, AkiraKurai said:

I can't seem to figure out how this thing will be game breaking, it has its clear weaknesses.

Only a fool will launch all 40 at once. You can launch two launchers (one per side) roughly every 60 seconds, you become an asashio at that point.

However, when needed, you can unleash 15 more per side, 3 asashios worth. While those are reloading, you have two launchers loading, an asashio worth once again.

You can space the launches every 60 seconds and send eight 20km stealth torps. You can stagger it into 4 torps every 30 seconds. Battleships are going to suffer badly at the hands of these, parked on the 9 line, sailing in circles, for 20 minutes filling every possible path with deep water torpedoes.

7 minutes ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

Only a fool will launch all 40 at once. You can launch two launchers (one per side) roughly every 60 seconds, you become an asashio at that point.

However, when needed, you can unleash 15 more per side, 3 asashios worth. While those are reloading, you have two launchers loading, an asashio worth once again.

You can space the launches every 60 seconds and send eight 20km stealth torps. You can stagger it into 4 torps every 30 seconds. Battleships are going to suffer badly at the hands of these, parked on the 9 line, sailing in circles, for 20 minutes filling every possible path with deep water torpedoes.

Same can be said about the Asashio with its TRB, did it make the ship OP? nope, Asashio is still probably the last DD you would want on your team and would be the DD you would pray is on the enemy team with how laughable it was.

On a personal note, I see nothing wrong with making BBs suffer more, they're the most catered to class if we exclude CVs and subs

11 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Not a great collection of ships. I looked at the previous salvage event and decided there were better things available in the Armory (Illinois seems more fun than Champagne, especially as the golden age for French BBs in PVP is long over). Not sure anyone needs the Elli - particularly not those of us who've had Duca D'Aosta for years, and when Almirante Cochrane does pretty much everything better - and the Ferrucio and Defence seem particularly unnecessary.

I'm part Greek via my paternal grandmother so I'll be getting the Elli for ancestral reasons!

22 minutes ago, CFagan_1987 said:

I'm part Greek via my paternal grandmother so I'll be getting the Elli for ancestral reasons!

I think that's fair. Haida sold the same way, I feel like thats Elli's major selling point too. Otherwise, I don't know about her value outside of the patriotic value. She isn't bad on paper but I don't think she's super exceptional in any way either. A no-nonsense premium ship.

• Like 1

Aaand...... everybody's favourite incendiarily reactionary steamer reacts!

Edited by Andrewbassg

19 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

HAHAHAHAHA !!! Yeah we have heard those a few times already ...

The moment Crysantos mentioned that during the stream, I literally laughed out loud. He said that with a mien that was downright hilarious to look at knowing how intent Wargaming is on creating FOMO with their ridiculously priced pixels. 

Just now, Frostbow said:

The moment Crysantos mentioned that during the stream, I literally laughed out loud. He said that with a mien that was downright hilarious to look at knowing how intent Wargaming is on creating FOMO with their ridiculously priced pixels. 

LOL that guy works for Wargaming...  Got into a heated discussion with that feller on Reddit and told him he should go work for Wargaming. Now I see why he deleted the conversation, he is a WeeGee...  At least the argument makes sense now.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

LOL that guy works for Wargaming...  Got into a heated discussion with that feller on Reddit and told him he should go work for Wargaming. Now I see why he deleted the conversation, he is a WeeGee...  At least the argument makes sense now.  

Yeah. He and MrConway (I think that was his name was) were among the first WG employees I saw on YouTube.

To be fair, he prefaced the entire Salvage for Victory Event for the Kitakami with a statement that this event was for veterans with resources, and that even a veteran or active player is not a guarantee unless you have the resources. But what made me laugh out loud was that FOMO part of the event and how they announced it during the stream. 

• Like 2

On 11/2/2023 at 10:53 PM, New_Jersey_prpr said:

Image_1698976291652.png.0bbfdcddefe6b0b20c12437e023bec9d.png

Pay 304k coal for a T6 and a T7 ship. 'Veteran players' my ass, just say 'whales'🤣

kitakami owners after this event

Edited by pepe_trueno
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

Yeah. He and MrConway (I think that was his name was) were among the first WG employees I saw on YouTube.

To be fair, he prefaced the entire Salvage for Victory Event for the Kitakami with a statement that this event was for veterans with resources, and that even a veteran or active player is not a guarantee unless you have the resources. But what made me laugh out loud was that FOMO part of the event and how they announced it during the stream. 

The whole thing is so predatory. Not just for veterans, but with the stipulation that Kitakami won't be sold or obtainable for two years after, your going to get some people who lack the resources at all, paying real money at steep cost to get her and the other ships.

42 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

In all fairness, can anything positive be said about any WG employee? The CMs either ignore feedback or censor(delete) it, don't understand the community their interacting with at all, or actively antagonize/gaslight when someone confronts them(or demonstrates the issues of the game/makes them look foolish for trying to defend blatantly bad game design choices).

Edited by MBT808
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1