Salvage for Victory Event in Update 12.11

Frostbow

Salvage for Victory Event (similar to Champagne event) 

• 1st Award: Four (4) Santa Containers (3rd Stage)
  • 2nd Award: Tier VI Cruiser Elli (8th Stage)
  • 3rd Award: Tier VII Italian Cruiser F. Ferruccio (16th Stage)
  • 4th Award: Tier X British Cruiser Defence (40th Stage)
  • 5th Award: Tier X IJN Cruiser Kitakami (80th Stage)
    • Crysantos: "It'll be going to be quite expensive." LOL
    • Crysantos: "Designed for veterans, active players, who already have a lot of resources." Double LOL
    • Crysantos: "This is really a resource-focused event." Triple LOL
  • Event will start in Update 12.11 and will run until Update 13.1

COST (all for free to earn resources, except for Premium Days which can be used for 16 stages)

image.thumb.png.535f5436a03abe5e923d2dea986ba7a6.png

FOMO

After the Event,

• The first 3 ships will not be available for years.
  • Kitakami will not be available for at least 2 years.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

It's a very game breaking ship, so they have to limit it somehow. They know resource rich players have poor win rate, so it's a way of balancing it.

I think my issue is the 12km torps have terrible spotting distance, so you have to use the 20km asashio torpedoes, which limit what it can kill.

No battleships, you become a handicap on your team.

I feel that it's going to be insanely op for the few with hands, and miserable for the rest.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Frostbow said:

The first 3 ships will not be available for years.

WG deciding not to make money...

😛

The decisions these guys make some times...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

They know resource rich players have poor win rate,

You might have some surprises waiting for you on that one. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

It's a very game breaking ship, so they have to limit it somehow. They know resource rich players have poor win rate, so it's a way of balancing it.

I think my issue is the 12km torps have terrible spotting distance, so you have to use the 20km asashio torpedoes, which limit what it can kill.

No battleships, you become a handicap on your team.

I feel that it's going to be insanely op for the few with hands, and miserable for the rest.

I can't seem to figure out how this thing will be game breaking, it has its clear weaknesses.

The 12km torps are useable, they have similar characteristics to Jaegar.

It's literally just a torpedo platform with the trade off being a ship with a citadel and doesn't have any kind of OP concealment like what Jaegar has. Not to mention it can only load 10 of its torps every 60 seconds, assuming that they'll be keeping the current stats.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

You might have some surprises waiting for you on that one. 

Someone petty might point out this as proof of pay2win elements in the game...

😄

But I won't...I don't need to.

Kitakami is clearly priced because she is a popular meme ship. Doesn't need to be good, just fun. Perfectly fine to sell fun for a high price.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark
  • Like 1

Is Defence 1.48 times stronger than Stalingrad?  Because that's how much it costs in steel. I bet NOT.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, tocqueville8 said:

Santa crates + Elli + Ferruccio it is, then.

That's my plan as well. I have close to 1.8 million coal and I could get both the Defense and the Kitakami but honestly the Kita is a gimmick ship and the Defense doesn't seem that good so I'll save my coal. I remember when the Kitakami first came out and it was basically just a meme, it's not worth 1.5 million of my 1.8 million coal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AkiraKurai said:

The 12km torps are useable, they have similar characteristics to Jaegar.

It's literally just a torpedo platform with the trade off being a ship with a citadel and doesn't have any kind of OP concealment like what Jaegar has. Not to mention it can only load 10 of its torps every 60 seconds, assuming that they'll be keeping the current stats.

Where can I see Kitakami's more detailed stats? I haven't been paying attention to the ship and her stats. All I know is that it can launch more torpedoes than Jinan.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tocqueville8 said:

Santa crates + Elli + Ferruccio it is, then.

10 minutes ago, CFagan_1987 said:

That's my plan as well. I have close to 1.8 million coal and I could get both the Defense and the Kitakami but honestly the Kita is a gimmick ship and the Defense doesn't seem that good so I'll save my coal. I remember when the Kitakami first came out and it was basically just a meme, it's not worth 1.5 million of my 1.8 million coal.

There's a lot to digest (at least for me) from the DevBlog. But if I have to choose what resource to use, I think I will use Research Points. I have around 139,000 available right now and I have not reset a line yet since the 2x became available again days ago. I can regrind my favorite USN CL line in Operations again and again and it would just be like playing normally any given day.

I think a better strategy for me would be to just continue playing and then decide to get them or not only when more detail and info are available about the ships in question.

Edited by Frostbow
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

Where can I see Kitakami's more detailed stats? I haven't been paying attention to the ship and her stats. 

If you have Aslain's or Mod station extended tech tree you can see it in port but not stats other than armor.

spacer.png

Other than that Devblogs...

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/search?q=kitakami

Also it is on WOWS Fitting Tool (not sure if it is 100% up to date but at least some ballpark info)...

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PJSC610&modules=11111&upgrades=000000&commander=PCW001&consumables=1111&pos=0

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Thanks 3

Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

If you have Aslain's or Mod station extended tech tree you can see it in port but not stats other than armor.

spacer.png

Other than that Devblogs...

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/search?q=kitakami

Also it is on WOWS Fitting Tool (not sure if it is 100% up to date but at least some ballpark info)...

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PJSC610&modules=11111&upgrades=000000&commander=PCW001&consumables=1111&pos=0

Thanks! 👍

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

Pay 304k coal for a T6 and a T7 ship. 'Veteran players' my ass, just say 'whales'🤣

Do they sell coal?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Do they sell coal?

In indirect ways. Like premium battle passes and chain bundles that gives "More Resources" containers as reward in one of the stages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

In indirect ways. Like premium battle passes and chain bundles that gives "More Resources" containers as reward in one of the stages.

You know, WG can do another Salvage event after Kitakami. They can do it for Rhode Island. And it will still generate them revenues via indirect ways...

• Like 2

Actually, I don't see how the math earns them any revenue on this. It's designed to drain resources, but I get the vibe that people who have enough resources saved up are the type of player who only spends on ships they perceive to be ovver-powered, which hopefully Kitikami is not, thanks to its slow torpedo reload. The long term consequences of Kitikami being surprisingly strong would be catastrophic. They had to release it, but they also had to keep the usage numbers low on it, just in case. It churns my stomach that they made it so impossible to get, but at the same time, it had to be kept rare.

• Like 1

Resource check: 150k RP (portion still in Harugumo) and over 800k coal.  

Looking forward by end of year to expand my fleet by 12 ships.  Of course can be more if having luck with Santa RNG 😁

7 hours ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

Image_1698976291652.png.0bbfdcddefe6b0b20c12437e023bec9d.png

Pay 304k coal for a T6 and a T7 ship. 'Veteran players' my ass, just say 'whales'🤣

Both ships are currently only available to testers I believe but theory crafting so far doesn't paint them in a great picture. Value is very questionable at this moment.

First lets get the easy out of the way, Elli is a generic, no nonsense premium ship. She has no gimmicks, her stats are average, and shes a non-meta contender. While she will probably be fine performance wise, she won't wow anyone or unique gameplay. She could've probably been a log in ship or a short mission chain.

Ferruccio is where you've got issues. To summarize her, for every strength she has three or four weaknesses/nerfed stats. She has great pen angles on her SAP, but her DPM is atrociously bad(this just got nerfed last week), her HE fails to break 100k dpm even with captain skills coupled with a bad fire chance, and her fire rate is very slow for a 152mm armed cruiser. This is just her guns, but basically the Pros & cons look like this:

Pros:

• High SAP pen angles(80-85°)
  • Long range torps
  • High speed of 36.5 knots
  • Long gun range of 17.5km, plus a spotter plane
  • high traverse speed for a cruiser(and tier)
  • Amazing concealment for a cruiser, but it will be partially negated by the(currently) obligatory Heavy HE and SAP shells skill.

Cons:

• Weak DPM overall, lower than some cruisers HE DPM
  • Low fire chance of 7% coupled with a low fire rate
  • HE DPM maxes out at 92,400 with Heavy HE, among the lowest DPM for the tier.
  • Slow rate of fire for caliber
  • low gun barrel count
  • Non-existent armor, DDs can citadel you
  • overmatchable 16mm plating
  • Torps deal low damage
  • Torps reload slowly for their size
  • Torps are extremely slow
  • Torps have terrible firing arcs, requiring near full broadside to fire.
  • Torps have low flooding chance
  • Secondaries are useless
  • Bad AA, but that's not exactly an uncommon problem in the game. 95% of ships AA isn't relevant anyway.
  • small hit point pool
  • Exhaust smoke only lasts 22s, italian DDs get 25s. Also due to the low fire rate, she can only fire one salvo during its action time.
  • Exhaust smoke reloads at a excruciatingly slow 180s, italian DDs reload in 90s(and get an extra charge)
  • can see tier VIII and IX ships, with vastly superior DPM, many ships with improved pen angle AP, and some DDs that will easily destroy you 1v1.

As you can see, unless she gets some buffs, she isn't going to be worth spending resources on. I still have to look into Defense and Kitakami, but we'll see.

Its important to note that WG have made it so all of these ships are going to be unobtainable for one year(two years for Kitakami). Personally, this is pretty predatory on WGs part. Cause your going to get some people paying money for resources to trade so they don't, "miss out" on the opportunity to get Kitakami. If people spend premium time to exchange for her, Kitakami costs $1,535.92 USD buying premium time in the shop or the equivalent of buying 13.33(so 14) years of premium time.

Edited by MBT808
  • Like 2

Given it is 240.000 RP points (for 100 stages), I will finally get lots of usage for my Free XP points. 

Better start collect , fellow players!

Think I would be able to fix this in some resource combination.

Edited by Gnirf