Lesta WOWS's new waterline contents

New_Jersey_prpr

2 minutes ago, GMMF said:

I am too lazy to grind everything again, if the global WoWs failed to push new contents I shall move on and chill on the game with minimal activity.

I don't think I will invest that much either. Perhaps I would just do the bare minimum to claim Superstart starter gift (Tirpitz), research a few T5s like Podvoisky, Montecuccoli and Celebes and then just keep it as a "reserve".

We are all living in a world already full of imperfections and regrettable tragedies, and the breaking up of pre-2022 Wargaming and the disruption it caused around the Global playerbase, while indeed regrettable, is only one event, laregly personal, on this long list.

• Like 3

A speculative theory combining different claims and speculations from some Chinese players/sources is that, on one hand, the separation between Wargaming and Lesta was much more through than what has been thought to keep WG management free from sancations on Russian companies; on the other hand, a critical yet still unclear event may have happened this summer, when the relations between WG and Lesta, probably only maintained by personal affections between former colleagues, broke down and cooperation regarding WoWS development came to a halt (in other words, it don't take that long to actually do the modelling work for new contents; basing on a thought that despite declaring a separation in Spring 2022, significant repercussion in balance and new ship data become only strongly felt by mid 2023). Japanese battlecruisers, Michelangelo and Ferruccio thus became some of the last shared developments right ahead of this crippling internal strife, and WG seems to start suffering from a critical shortage of development capacity from around this time. The Superstart initiative, the Ukrainian ambulances affair (so to speak) and abnormalities regarding the Waterline announcements (things like animated commander portraits and Soviet submarines went missing under WG despite being teased, and WG hasn't even published their version of Roadmap to spring 2024 yet despite Lesta has already posted theirs) according to this theory, are indications to the extent of this "internal" trouble.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

A speculative theory combining different claims and speculations from some Chinese players/sources is that, on one hand, the separation between Wargaming and Lesta was much more through than what has been thought to keep WG management free from sancations on Russian companies; on the other hand, a critical yet still unclear event may have happened this summer, when the relations between WG and Lesta, probably only maintained by personal affections between former colleagues, broke down and cooperation regarding WoWS development came to a halt (in other words, it don't take that long to actually do the modelling work for new contents; basing on a thought that despite declaring a separation in Spring 2022, significant repercussion in balance and new ship data become only strongly felt by mid 2023). Japanese battlecruisers, Michelangelo and Ferruccio thus became some of the last shared developments right ahead of this crippling internal strife, and WG seems to start suffering from a critical shortage of development capacity from around this time. The Superstart initiative, the Ukrainian ambulances affair (so to speak) and abnormalities regarding the Waterline announcements (things like animated commander portraits and Soviet submarines went missing under WG despite being teased, and WG hasn't even published their version of Roadmap to spring 2024 yet despite Lesta has already posted theirs) according to this theory, are indications to the extent of this "internal" trouble.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Monalie477 said:

Time to open an account on the RU server?

May not be possible for most due to the current world situation.

This gets very interesting if the conflict gets resolved.

• Like 2

I'd like to add that adding the ukraine flag to the game means it can never rejoin the russian one, it is also banned in china.

At this pace, CIS, EU/NA, and SEA will become three separate games.

I can only hope that someone in China releases the source code of the pre CV-rework game and we can have private game servers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WG's problem is that she is trying to catch up with "Lesta", to become better than "Lesta". But this is a mistake: it is necessary to stop for a while, send them to the ass, find your way to the stars and drive forward recklessly. and loyal players will help their company WG .

• Bored 1

On 11/8/2023 at 2:09 PM, Subtle_Octavian said:

I'd like to add that adding the ukraine flag to the game means it can never rejoin the russian one, it is also banned in china.

I can only hope that someone in China releases the source code of the pre CV-rework game and we can have private game servers.

China and SEA server are completely different. There are Chinese players on SEA, but they join through the great China firewall. China has it's own dedicated server. The SEA server has the exact same content as EU/NA.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ahskance said:

They are literally separate companies.  There is no shared anything.

Unless your making a reference to "The customer is always right".  Both products have customers.

Is that published anywhere outside of this forum? 

I wonder how the IP was settled?  Joint use or a case-by-case agreement for changes?

Many of us are curious.

On 11/8/2023 at 12:09 AM, Subtle_Octavian said:

That release will constitute a criminal act, and anyone outside of China who participates and gets nailed by WG will have earned it. 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Ahskance said:

They are literally separate companies.  There is no shared anything.

Lesta kept all the good stuff in the split. They got the art department and their balance guys seem to actually do something about problem ships, like California. They also got the chance to get Schill(for FREE no less)! We mean while have to gamble with containers, with no sign that she's ever going to available to earn or for direct purchase.

• Like 4

Being honest, Mir Korabli looks like the better game. They're getting amazing changes and the art design looks awesome as well. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MBT808 said:

Lesta kept all the good stuff in the split.

Actually, under the circumstances, this is understandable.  Mergers, acquisitions, and company splits present their own set of challenges.  Probably the most complicated decisions are for employees of a company.  The vast majority resist pulling up roots for a multitude of reasons.  In this case, Lesta Studio benefited from human capital.  With the available talent, it was perhaps more manageable for them to hit the ground running.  WG, on the other hand, has to add to a certain degree that human capital element.  It will take some time, but having worked in the Eastern EU market, I can tell you there is no talent shortage.  It just takes time to build up and train that resource.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HogHammer said:

Actually, under the circumstances, this is understandable.  Mergers, acquisitions, and company splits present their own set of challenges.  Probably the most complicated decisions are for employees of a company.  The vast majority resist pulling up roots for a multitude of reasons.  In this case, Lesta Studio benefited from human capital.  With the available talent, it was perhaps more manageable for them to hit the ground running.  WG, on the other hand, has to add to a certain degree that human capital element.  It will take some time, but having worked in the Eastern EU market, I can tell you there is no talent shortage.  It just takes time to build up and train that resource.

I wish I could have faith that things will turn around, but the decisions so far show a severe lack of direction. There is also the matter of the very anti-consumer attitude they've had lately similar to many other companies(like EA for example). WG could learn from what MK is doing(outside of a few things, mostly positive course changes in their game), but from what I've seen they seem to be ignoring MK all together. The attitude from Devs and CMs, is borderline dismissive. Not to mention their tone-deaf response to the Anniversary/SC-nerf debacle. This burned whatever shreds of good will that remained, the salvage for victory coming up promises to be more of the same.

WG needs to make changes in how they do things. Building up the company won't matter if they sink this ship first. None of us want WoWs to fail, I can safely say that, but that looks to be a very probable final destination at this time.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

Can you tell me what you mean by this?

CMs have engaged in gaslighting people on discord, I saw an EU CM aggressively go after someone who proved them wrong, or outright censor things on discord(something that would've never happened on the WoWs forum).

People ask for balance changes that MK is getting, but its been dismissed. The changes generally make sense, California desperately needs buffs for example(WoWs Legends even buffed California, so whats the delay? WV 44 showed she was underpowered too).

Edited by HogHammer
A paragraph which violated forum rules.
  • Like 4

All right. I suggest that, if folk need to go down this route with accusations that are clearly against the rules, that the discussion be ported elsewhere. It should be clear that accusations in a discussion can lead to heated, inflammatory exchanges, and we are not, as in NOT, going there. Some text in the thread above will be edited out. Please  abstain from further breaches of the Rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/13/2023 at 5:39 AM, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

China and SEA server are completely different. There are Chinese players on SEA, but they join through the great China firewall. China has it's own dedicated server. The SEA server has the exact same content as EU/NA.

On 11/8/2023 at 11:39 AM, Subtle_Octavian said:

WOWS is NOT banned in China in any shape or form, WG literally puts advertisements everywhere on the most popular video sharing website in China, still appears even if you are watching completely irrelevant videos.

(Also they like to use high tier ships' pics as baits to attract newcomers, Incomparable and FDR are shown here for example.)

image.thumb.png.e270f732b7340693ade87a29431eca6b.pngimage.thumb.png.9cbd334de2246d7bd3e07885c3c12440.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

WOWS is NOT banned in China in any shape or form, WG literally puts advertisements everywhere on the most popular video sharing website in China, still appears even if you are watching completely irrelevant videos.

(Also they like to use high tier ships' pics as baits to attract newcomers, Incomparable and FDR are shown here for example.)

There are Chinese players in EU, NA, APAC and even in Mir Korabli due to reasons like discontent/distrust towards local publisher, favorable prices when you can claim yourself to be living in India/Turkey/Argentina and purchase premium content with huge discounts, allegedly better gaming experience, and more faith in Lesta than in WG. To speak in a neutral stance, many Chinese players just does not want to link political and military affairs in Eastern Europe with the game and have no moral objection of playing a "Russian" game and paying to Russian developers. There are even guides on how to register and pay in Mir Korabli while staying in China.

Both WoT and WoWS have separate CN server as per a law/regulation stating that a MMO game is considered "legal" only with a separate CN server (though there is in effect nothing stopping Chinese players from registering and playing in foreign/global servers). For now, CN server is differed primarily in cheaper prices for premium contents, better connection for Chinese gamers, censorship that removed many things that may be linked with reality (like, even the New York port is rendered as "Metropolis Port"), different localization and Chinese characters can be used in IGNs and clan names.

I wonder what caused such delusion regarding being banned in China and as such.

And also for fun, one of the advertisements claims an "ultra-realistic hardcore shooting game".

• Bored 1

1 hour ago, Kawaii_shirasu_azusa said:

I don't want to get into an argument, but there are some things that are undeniably real and happened... but have nothing to do with this forum or WoWs, so I don't want to go on and on about everything about censorship in China. , which is meaningless and off-topic

Yes, please. 

I am already reviewing some of the posts for being a little too political, something the rules state not to bring into discussion here on the forum.

Please stay on topic.  Thanks...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AFAIK like all business done in China, it's done via a partnership and a proxy and is not actually WG itself. My point was that the ukraine content is banned and the split between versions has begun in earnest.

On 11/14/2023 at 1:38 AM, Project45_Opytny said:

And also for fun, one of the advertisements claims an "ultra-realistic hardcore shooting game".

LMAO!!!

• Haha 1