Lesta WOWS's new waterline contents

New_Jersey_prpr

5 hours ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

wg has to buy changes from Lesta btw

I am not a EU law expert, but the way you phrase it, all the balance changes to ships are a registered trademark.

So even if the WG Belgrade devs want to copy Lesta, they have to pay them a royalty, is that correct?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NMA101 said:

I am not a EU law expert, but the way you phrase it, all the balance changes to ships are a registered trademark.

So even if the WG Belgrade devs want to copy Lesta, they have to pay them a royalty, is that correct?

They have to pay them for improvements, yes.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 12:16 AM, New_Jersey_prpr said:

I'm not very interested in Michelangelo tbh, the biggest concern for me is will WG give out the new T7 cruiser for free like Lesta.

Seems that my concern has hit the mark. We had to pay something for that ship.

Typical WG move, good job.🤣

• Like 1

Watched Flamus video

The interesting Asymmetric battle of Tsushima gives Russia the chance to take revenge for one of the most one-sided battles in history. Not surprised if that does not come here.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Gnirf said:

Watched Flamus video

The interesting Asymmetric battle of Tsushima gives Russia the chance to take revenge for one of the most one-sided battles in history. Not surprised if that does not come here.

I actually admire them doing this, they know their ships are inferior, so it's a david vs goliath game mode. Mikasa vs a bunch of Svetlanas and bogatyrs. It's going to be insanely fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

I actually admire them doing this, they know their ships are inferior, so it's a david vs goliath game mode. Mikasa vs a bunch of Svetlanas and bogatyrs. It's going to be insanely fun.

You mean it is fun? to play the Russian boats which performed abysmal against IJN Bots that s how I intepret the set up

• Like 2

21 hours ago, NMA101 said:

The Belgrade devs? Do we even know that the 'Belgrade devs' isn't just a fax machine churning out fax sheets sent by the Lesta balance department?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/1/2023 at 11:20 AM, New_Jersey_prpr said:

Yes I know some people are not happy to see anything related to Russia. But I still think maybe some of these contents will come to WG's WOWS very soon.

Source: https://nga.178.com/read.php?tid=38236320 and https://nga.178.com/read.php?tid=38236637 (site NOT in English)

Stuff that are likely to come to WG's WOWS next:

Michelangelo in new year dockyard. F. Ferruccio is one of the dockyard mission rewards.

Stuff that are not sure whether will come to WG's WOWS but well worth mentioning:

1. T11 Japanese Cruiser Senjo, with 210 mm guns and two 5 tube torp launcher per side.

image.thumb.png.56aa336f21cb5391ec0fcffc0e132cbc.png

2. Operations that allow T9~11 ships to participate.

3. Soviet battlecruisers, armed with 16 inch guns, T10 ship will have 12 guns.

4. Soviet hybrid BB, armed with 16 inch guns.

5. Renewed sound effect for 150mm~300mm guns.

Let's see how many of the above will WG make into WOWS next.

Still waiting to get THIS from WoWs RU:

POSSIBLECaliforniaBuff..thumb.PNG.ddd54d4ff1d8e28a9a866a7340bff3b5.PNG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Sailor_Moon said:

Still waiting to get THIS from WoWs RU:

POSSIBLECaliforniaBuff..thumb.PNG.ddd54d4ff1d8e28a9a866a7340bff3b5.PNG

To be honest, I think that by now, judging from Lesta's streaming and Devblog entries in contrast to WG's continuing inactivity, the die was cast and we are now playing an (as a whole) inferior version of the game.

Lesta has announced last night a series of new premiums expected to arrive by spring 2024: dockyard ship Severomorsk (Kearsarge that was accepted by Soviet Union half-built and further upgraded post war), New Hampshire (Montana hull "Illinois"), USS Mayo (gunboat C-hull Benson at T7), Senjo as covered before, and Pan-Asian submarine KRI Pasopati (Indonesian Whiskey-class submarine that has been preserved in Surabaya). It may be argued that they are in a form or another still reuses of already made models, yet WG's respective staff seems to be struggling even with this, with RI still using the antiquated, low quality superstructure model of Montana.

And for the New Year event, Lesta developers teased a new themed port "Petrovsky Fort" and other themed items, themed event commanders of Soviet and Dutch nationality and event permacamouflages for Petropavlovsk and Goulden Leeuw, more akin to those from previous years and makes what WG has announced as some sort of low-effort jury rigging using existing material. They have even teased a more delicate War Paint permacamo for Michelangelo before the stream's start.

• Like 6

On 11/2/2023 at 1:14 AM, GMMF said:

Hope Senjo's new torpedo tube location means she can have way better launching angles compared to Zao.

The new devblog mentioned that she has wider torp launch angles.

https://blog.korabli.su/blog/496

New ships in a nutshell:

T11 IJN CA, with wider torp launch angles, and 20 km torps;

Kearsarge but T10 (and 14 AA flak clouds);

Montana with sixteen 203 mm guns and upgraded AA weapons (13 flak clouds), reload is 6.5 s, has 2.0 sigma but uses battleship dispersion;

Benson with no smoke and less weapons (4 guns and only one torp launcher), but has heal.

dd70170a8bb68cf5ebdc399b5cd72d4e_eTJ23QgxO3LircZs2xmRD65HJDcGHWQf7yXFV92e.thumb.jpg.c099a49c3d6634bb596bed99ca494e23.jpg

425dd715f19c5da0afbced61ff1e9d30_c8sL34qKPUpBZRrydqy1PvRJM08NeTSaPAtL4LIz.thumb.jpg.890f5d277ef7676fe0c1d99b160ce6f7.jpg742d3839fb0e7f4bd78dd1b9f0986b7e_38Y4NNx5WIxuQhJwh1yeDXDdpmjXo19WyKIod2wA.thumb.jpg.46526ee7565fb69929b69d8561115697.jpg07300c5a13d6b49a240103c44f2e37d0_poVV23CWAVCE3vwx8fZhvew9cgeWk9zmtxabK3Au.thumb.jpg.dee1aa1b5bf54e92a634bf112f1a0fc9.jpg

Edited by New_Jersey_prpr
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Time to have a glance at and perhaps also reflection on something from the recent past.

The situation now is worse than during the 8th Anniversary, as back then, at least someone working for WG was still able to make a new, also gorgeous event port with its unique artistic style and lore, in contrast to scraping together an Ersatz event with various second-handed resources and maintaining only a meager reserve of new work in progress contents that is rapidly thinning out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

The new devblog mentioned that she has wider torp launch angles

Man they really know how to do stuffs. now WG, WHERE. IS.MY.SUPER.ZAO? I NEED IT 

21 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

I think that by now, judging from Lesta's streaming and Devblog entries in contrast to WG's continuing inactivity, the die was cast and we are now playing an (as a whole) inferior version of the game.

I voiced the exact reason to my friend back in Sept where it seems like WG has lost ability to came out with new stuffs. And we both agree that WG still have some resources left to squeeze and things will be evident when they finally squeeze the last drop out. Guess now we can see how things goes, one side with new shiny things while the other throws a salvage for victory to drain resources with ships. Hope WG can slap me in the face with a new waterline vid but I doubt it.

• Like 3

You better believe that a lot of thing in Korabli was also set in future WoWs roadmap, most likely thing we would have gotten in the future

Right now, Korabli future is untenable since already half of CIS has moved to EU, 85% of SMILE has left for EU and other clans like WND so the server's comp scene is also effectively dead

What I think is that Korabli needs to do something ASAP to make the game even profitable or alive to maintain its existing playerbase which already is declining and transferring and now making alt to EU (for e.g. look at massive increase of UA player on EU, which originally were mostly on CIS) to either play on more active servers or join their friends who have transferred. Currently, no matter what Flamu say WoWs actually seem economically stable so they can afford to trickle out content slower than CN server/Korabli which must either do these big moves to either maintain/encourage playerbase to stay + grow, or in the case of CN, rush the content drive so it can match the main servers

The fact that a lot of main server players are already voicing satisfaction on Korabli balance change and some of the new ships is already evidence that this method is kind of effective, if you think from the perspective of for e.g. someone who used to play on CIS but made an EU alt (because you missed the window of CIS -> EU server transfers), these balance changes will make you reconsider maining EU

• Like 2

Korabli certainly understands that WG is their main competition.

It's too bad Belgrade doesn't realize that Korabli is theirs... particularly if the world context changes...

• Like 3

On 11/3/2023 at 5:59 PM, NMA101 said:

You may like this RU devblog too: https://blog.korabli.su/blog/490

They buff some old dreadnoughts (New York, tech tree Renown), among other ships. 

....Yet more good balance changes. I can only hope WE get these changes implemented in our version....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spent_AlimonyOnKitakami said:

You better believe that a lot of thing in Korabli was also set in future WoWs roadmap, most likely thing we would have gotten in the future

Right now, Korabli future is untenable since already half of CIS has moved to EU, 85% of SMILE has left for EU and other clans like WND so the server's comp scene is also effectively dead

What I think is that Korabli needs to do something ASAP to make the game even profitable or alive to maintain its existing playerbase which already is declining and transferring and now making alt to EU (for e.g. look at massive increase of UA player on EU, which originally were mostly on CIS) to either play on more active servers or join their friends who have transferred. Currently, no matter what Flamu say WoWs actually seem economically stable so they can afford to trickle out content slower than CN server/Korabli which must either do these big moves to either maintain/encourage playerbase to stay + grow, or in the case of CN, rush the content drive so it can match the main servers

The fact that a lot of main server players are already voicing satisfaction on Korabli balance change and some of the new ships is already evidence that this method is kind of effective, if you think from the perspective of for e.g. someone who used to play on CIS but made an EU alt (because you missed the window of CIS -> EU server transfers), these balance changes will make you reconsider maining EU

Honestly, I don't mind waiting for good balance changes if I could be assured said balance changes will arrive. I have waited well over 3 years for those California balance changes among others, so a few months or even a year is not impossible. But I just need confirmation that these changes are in fact IN THE PIEPLINE!!! and that was what I DON'T get. Confirmation of balance changes. Minimal communications from Wargaming regarding said balance changes. Constant gaslighting about how Korabli is SOOOO different from OUR WoWs. Yes, I'm aware the games are "different" but they're also still similar in a LOT of ways. All versions of WoWs(Legends, Korabli, WoWs) are still, at their core, WoWs. That hasn't changed.

20 hours ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

The new devblog mentioned that she has wider torp launch angles.

https://blog.korabli.su/blog/496

New ships in a nutshell:

T11 IJN CA, with wider torp launch angles, and 20 km torps;

Kearsarge but T10 (and 14 AA flak clouds);

Montana with sixteen 203 mm guns and upgraded AA weapons (13 flak clouds), reload is 6.5 s, has 2.0 sigma but uses battleship dispersion;

Benson with no smoke and less weapons (4 guns and only one torp launcher), but has heal.

dd70170a8bb68cf5ebdc399b5cd72d4e_eTJ23QgxO3LircZs2xmRD65HJDcGHWQf7yXFV92e.thumb.jpg.c099a49c3d6634bb596bed99ca494e23.jpg

425dd715f19c5da0afbced61ff1e9d30_c8sL34qKPUpBZRrydqy1PvRJM08NeTSaPAtL4LIz.thumb.jpg.890f5d277ef7676fe0c1d99b160ce6f7.jpg742d3839fb0e7f4bd78dd1b9f0986b7e_38Y4NNx5WIxuQhJwh1yeDXDdpmjXo19WyKIod2wA.thumb.jpg.46526ee7565fb69929b69d8561115697.jpg07300c5a13d6b49a240103c44f2e37d0_poVV23CWAVCE3vwx8fZhvew9cgeWk9zmtxabK3Au.thumb.jpg.dee1aa1b5bf54e92a634bf112f1a0fc9.jpg

There is NO way these ships aren't coming to WoWs. I refuse to entertain such a notion :P

• Like 2

Not guaranteed, but I am almost certain that some of the balance changes put out by Lesta were already being considered by WG. Lesta as I said before is being a bit more radical with balance and content drops, because they need something to distinguish themselves.

For one I don't believe anything released by Korabli with certainty will reach the main game, let alone some of them being likely to release even years from now. There is ofc the joke that Korabli is effectively acting as the PTS of the main servers, which may be true- perhaps WG is 'testing' a period where Korabli, where it has a much lower stake, can check for ship balancing before it hits main servers where people are of course going to be way more vocal on ship changes

• Like 2

I guessed right, a copy pasted Jervis, Asashio and Colombo for us. No new models

Edited by GMMF
  • Like 1
  • Bored 1

I want T9 and 10 ops, I like many of the balance changes, they put FF available in a manner that doesn't involve FOMO or whaling.

But for every one of those, there's I-54, Soviet Kearsarge with Nakhimov skip bombers, and that demented Montana/NOLA/Smolensk mutant

4 hours ago, GMMF said:

I guessed right, a copy pasted Jervis, Asashio and Colombo for us. No new models

It's better than the complete inactivity that has lasted for quite a few days anyway, yet judging from aspects like amount of new contents teased and efforts involved, it can only be described as barely enough to prove that the newly established WG Belgrade still exists some WoWS productive capability (like tweaking the C. Colombo model and add American subsystems) for the time being.

There's some argument that the "Global" World of Tanks, despite suffering the same relocating troubles, has much less drama in contrast and WG has managed to keep it updated and being developed. A speculation is that even by now, World of Tanks/Mir Tankov has remained the mainstay, the breadmaker for both WG and Lesta, and for WG they've decided to guarantee the sustainability of their primary product first.

I am now seriously considering setting an account in MK to take advantage of that Superstart initiative and in view of the still lingering uncertainty surrounding Global WoWS. I personally hope that one day Global WoWS and Mir Korabli would have some sort of reunion, yet that is directly related with international politics that obviously beyond reach for everyone other than those few in acutal power around the world.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

I am now seriously considering setting an account in MK to take advantage of that Superstart initiative and in view of the still lingering uncertainty surrounding Global WoWS

I am too lazy to grind everything again, if the global WoWs failed to push new contents I shall move on and chill on the game with minimal activity.

• Like 3