What Were Your Greatest Gaming Achievements Today ?

Admiral_Karasu

51 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Re-Bought F. Sherman after the Trade-In event (where I sold her 3 times)

"Now let me make it clear, Cadet. There is one reason and one reason only why you are getting command of this ship at your level of training."

"Because I'm good on the casting couch?"

"NO. Well okay, you are, but really it's because the only reason this ship is in my port is to be traded in for something I want more when the time comes. So see to it that she doesn't sink, and that she looks nice when the new owner comes to pick her up, and there may be a promotion in it for you."

• Haha 2

It is always a pleasure when you have a good game when you are bottom tier. (5 T9s 3 T10s and 4 Superships.

The fun part is that the old whining when T9 and bottom tier against superships is the answer you got better XP mate no worries.....

Well for most part it is less fun and almost hopeless to be on top at least but behold this is the unicorn. 3 achievements in 10 seconds, Double strike with close quarter expert (Can it not be a hidden achievement pls?).

See first screenshot:

image.thumb.png.f0c90c64636cb10ff618db2ac65e1ec9.png

image.thumb.png.b129010fa7d6d6894e7e8ecd53a2d2bc.png

image.thumb.png.c33ee091f48c9b13a1724658ab5effc0.png

image.thumb.png.6b01a4d112ecc8ac7d95ea646e5b6f9f.png

Edited by Gnirf
  • Like 5

@Gnirf : talking of  being bottom tier...

When the MM said it would not be your day.
Not to bad, finally...

image.thumb.png.fccf5d87a1a7cdb4cd3908cbb82df612.png
image.thumb.png.6cdf746b2bee12188a021f07eeab5a1a.png

I love this ship (and its sister-ship, the Boise) : she can be a painful thorn in the foot for the red team.

Edited by Silence_CN
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Silence_CN said:

@Gnirf : talking of  being bottom tier...

When the MM said it would not be your day.
Not to bad, finally...

image.thumb.png.fccf5d87a1a7cdb4cd3908cbb82df612.png
image.thumb.png.6cdf746b2bee12188a021f07eeab5a1a.png

I love this ship (and its sister-ship, the Boise) : she can be a painful thorn in the foot for the red team.

Excellent game!

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2024 at 6:20 PM, ArIskandir said:

Did they?  Afaik that's one those 'don't ask, don't tell' things they do. I don't remember ever reading or watching them clearly negating the bonus XP for Subs... it's pretty evident, would be silly to negate it (the same applies to the malus XP for CVs). 

I can tell by experience that Subs boosted XP earnings is still in full effect. Its ridiculous how little you have to do or even risk to get Top 1 on the team in both wins or losses in a Sub. It´s really disheartening for the other classes to even try to get top score (been on both sides).

And imho Subs haven't been nerfed at all. Sure WG lengthened the range for ability to shotgun other classes to death, but you can still do it, just from outside 3 km. And Subs can still function as "Super DDs" where they can sit in a cap doing donuts and just spam torps from both sides while getting 90-140+ K Spotting damage and stealing caps with zero risk and even go after CVs with zero risk (not even the upcoming manually controlled secondaries will hit an unspotted sub). Subs can avoid radar, hydro and even CV plane spotting and even has a skill that tells you when a radar/hydro is active when submerged. 

• Like 1

Screenshot(3736).thumb.png.ed411803feecadd7fc141e9dcd74745a.png

Despite my calls to turn back and defend (we had the point lead: the score is reversed in the replay), my team managed to turn this...

Screenshot(3738).thumb.png.87bc914ce32d7a1a950ee29f2482139a.png

...into this. It was like being a babysitter on "Happy Tree Friends" 😵‍💫

I did the right thing and hid, and got my Solo Warrior #15.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

And imho Subs haven't been nerfed at all. Sure WG lengthened the range for ability to shotgun other classes to death, but you can still do it, just from outside 3 km. And Subs can still function as "Super DDs" where they can sit in a cap doing donuts and just spam torps from both sides while getting 90-140+ K Spotting damage and stealing caps with zero risk and even go after CVs with zero risk (not even the upcoming manually controlled secondaries will hit an unspotted sub). Subs can avoid radar, hydro and even CV plane spotting and even has a skill that tells you when a radar/hydro is active when submerged. 

So why be jealous? Grab one and join in the fun. 🤪 At the very least, you'll get a different insight into how they operate.

Just now, Ensign Cthulhu said:
10 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

So why be jealous? Grab one and join in the fun. 🤪 At the very least, you'll get a different insight into how they operate.

If I recall correctly, @OldSchoolGaming_Youtube has a number of Submarines, including the Gato.

3 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Why would I be jealous? I Have all the great subs worth having in this game and I play them on the daily so my insight is 20/20. 

Just stated the fact that Subs in hands of someone who knows how to play them isn't nerfed at all. You can still do all the old BS you just cant take a dump in the face of a Super Unicum DD player from 1 km anymore. All one have to do is to search for recent sub games on YT and see what they do, with almost no risks.

2500+ Base XP games you can get in youre sleep.

image.thumb.jpeg.e027480efa509275e236bd78a0e5540f.jpeg

Dont have to do much

image.thumb.jpeg.840c9a75c3baf681bfa5d27b81722e3c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c864a24edb3464500618331b1651ceb3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.909915d030b5751810da49c53f1d8821.jpeg

U-2501:

image.thumb.jpeg.fcfa67b3a6a66e33cb4327008c1472ac.jpeg

Easy 3000+ Base XP. I wonder if Montane didn't do way more than me .... and with more risk..

image.thumb.jpeg.0f23d197153532702d7061d9df90b4dc.jpeg

And even in 7 min steamrolls/losses with the potato teams you get at T10, you pretty much guaranteed the nr.1 spot.

image.thumb.jpeg.28a47fb835f538bc50efd15a295fafe5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.427ffc93368171cf114c783535644654.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ea77ee006f1ef42bfff20b5cb0be1e59.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0343da803d2dc4302645bfe72aac2a90.jpeg

• Like 2

Been a while since I played this ship but had to try out the new Buff.

image.thumb.jpeg.c69c7aba3a59272c19cbc4f1243ae5e4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.196cebeaf64c0ed91b6e8ad3e98ea0ae.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f6e9ce1946f7c73ae375f831f4c630e1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5c121c3b6b44063dc1c9176cd5a05873.jpeg

12 km makes a difference. The ability to alternate-spam torps and bombs on cooldown.

• Like 1

This battle was actually kinda Epic tbh! Not so casual 3000 Base XP in the Golden Lion with and INSANE post Victory notification Kraken Unleashed and also a hero´s Death. Will definitely upload this to YouTubes for sure!

image.thumb.jpeg.b4b0c794be84fd8920817f1067f32471.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ace5aff7a4d1620bdb89d14ef2ade108.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.84c4941f95e6b520b54b6a3bea499cd7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e65355b3ebba3d719b3ef787df1b9271.jpeg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

@OldSchoolGaming_Youtube Hero's death?

Well .... I thought it was fitting after securing the win and getting a Kraken Unleashed after Victory notification (never happened to me before) just to get sunk by last second salvo from a Schlieffen.

I think you get it when I show the video.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Well .... I thought it was fitting after securing the win and getting a Kraken Unleashed after Victory notification (never happened to me before) just to get sunk by last second salvo from a Schlieffen.

I think you get it when I show the video.

Ah... I'm a bit slow but I get it now. So it's like a Greek tragedy, then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here´s the full game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes you have to do more or less everything by yourself to win ranked matches.

shot-24_08.24_23_15.07-0586.thumb.jpg.088bee440d9fd16e3f96a17b86cfaf58.jpg

akat.thumb.jpg.2cde1d9433aa1cd22a0fa85c2a9f0cdd.jpg

I was expecting to have to sink the Queen Elizabeth as well, but luckily I managed to win by points.

Not a single compliment, of course.

Other screenshots and replay here.

• Like 3

Scored 14 Citadel Hits while sailing my Coronel Bolognesi in a Co-op game, while working my Naval Battles grid attempts.

• Like 1

This will, in relative terms, probably be my best performance today. Naval Battles on ASIA for Nemu, with the tier 5 Cavour. As you can see, we won, and I got to top the leader board for once. Take time to note that I'm actually one tier down in this match, as you can see, yet the best BB in the match. What you can't see is that my Cavour is plain stock, no modules, no equipment, and my captain has not allocated his 2 points so I'm playing with a zero skill captain (again).

Am I good or what?

No, don't answer that.😁

image.thumb.png.5690ab426ceeed4ff8db8c3b22ea3c23.png

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

What you can't see is that my Cavour is plain stock, no modules, no equipment, and my captain has not allocated his 2 points so I'm playing with a zero skill captain (again).

Am I good or what?

No, don't answer that.😁

Well maybe you are good. [or a glutton for punishment...] I can see no modules for ship xp grinds and low capitans; but I do not see no equipment unless you are credits poor. [in randoms no less...]

Well I heard if a man marches to the beat of a different drum, then let him march that way. [paraphrase of Henry D. Thoreau.]

So my contribution to the 'i love me' greatest achievements board is perhaps my best showing at Naval Battles. I have not yet achieved first position because the guy that does - does so pretty regular with top tier ships. My strategy is usually to get as many low bar stars as possible depending on when I can log in and if the guys got a head start. But this time, I chose to hammer the same double star ship as possible for multiple opportunities and it worked pretty good. [In a tier 8 - which means I am sort of ready to tackle a higher tier here pretty soon.]

Still it is a very close race. We have only been ahead of the NA enemy by 1o stars most of the day. 

stars.jpg

• Like 1