What Were Your Greatest Gaming Achievements Today ?

Admiral_Karasu

3 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Here´s the actual game. I can usually just ignore and laugh of bad players talking smack, but this guy just rubbed me the wrong way right from the start.

But it was a great game, even though we lost in the end.

Its also a great showcase for those players who hasn't played hybrids to understand the power of these ships and their ability to spot for themselves, attack with planes and then also get a follow up shot with guns with you're own plane spotting, which I use several times in this battle.

I still wished I saved another older Kearsarge game where I managed to take out 2 enemy DDs late game with this tactic. Loading HE, pre-aiming the spot where I thought they must be, fly over and spot and attack them, and then follow up with full broadside of BB HE shells and just rinse and repeat.

Congrats on your Kraken Unleashed achievement.  🙂 

What are your thoughts about using the autopilot while playing a Kearsarge?

12 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Congrats on your Kraken Unleashed achievement.  🙂 

What are your thoughts about using the autopilot while playing a Kearsarge?

I mean its like using it when playing a CV. I rather not since its probably one of the top things killing CV players. I do it if I for example hear torp warnings or sub pings while out flying the planes.

• Like 1

Hinden is still a very good ship. 

220 K Damage, 2800 Base XP, 2,4 Million tanked

Confederate, High Caliber, Dreadnought, Witherer

image.thumb.jpeg.9ac083b88eb6bfda675ff78c265bdc4c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.27fc3c844bd4700d691c455a646469a6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.920dd1c9a334eccf20e10c2af25b56ae.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.48ff9483ed6a4aad7f8a31853286e25b.jpeg

• Like 3

First random battle on "Rooke" (newly acquired) on my second account. Almost perfect match play, but lost due to a horrible mistake by an Emerald that yoloed against a WV44, and we were leading by points ... He just should have stayed hidden. I'm really destroyed after this battle. Only bad luck and plunging WR as thanks.  

Skjermbilde 2024-07-06 174447.jpg

Skjermbilde 2024-07-06 175414.jpg

Skjermbilde 2024-07-06 174500.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I love that you still can earn credits by playing a Supership in a loss, wasn't even a good game. Sure boosters and all that Jazz, but if you gonna run boosters you should really do it when playing Superships.

image.thumb.jpeg.f337398bc5fa10f55037cf8db3fe2ea7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.87ec5566ec21bfa098d05a07f5deb8a9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8935cc87035f3cf9ceedb4271b7a77d7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.76f86cf68a5a20eeb51946473349b95b.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, o4x4 said:

GG in ranked:

image.thumb.jpeg.c1351770c1083f5aea8105abfdf25f57.jpeg

Nice! ,... Krakens in Ranked leave you feeling like Rambo 😆.

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Like 2

I got the Karl XIV Johann at the trade in event. I loved the playstyles right after the first battle. Let’s see my stats after 61 solo only battles:

Spoiler

IMG_7214.thumb.jpeg.cbd93be11ebcee6a89d10542e82f4fed.jpeg

• Like 6

Dreadnought... in Kagero!

image.thumb.png.d4194249cd01f2733aab25a550e91415.png

• Like 2

shot-24_07.08_10_21.42-0627.thumb.jpg.53366656a49c00ba9c9af2457ea2e02b.jpg

When in a team of extremely dubious quality you play alone and this, of course, is not enough to win.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Not an awesome game in the Golden Lion by any stretch of the imagination, but its not every day you tank 3 Million in potential damage in a cruiser..... Pretty much the entire enemy team was shooting me any time I was spotted, including the CV that tried to drop me several times even tho my AA Specced Golden pretty much evaporated his squads at every turn.

I guess having "Youtube" in you're gaming tag is working as intended ....... 🙂

image.thumb.jpeg.735bd111e3a782e9e0ed66cd6cfb9794.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.12a23f3b0ad4a3f7c77b702cc7172181.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f78cfaa69c075927ec10f616b7a332cc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.28ccf6503dd12edcf35551383162691d.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I guess having "Youtube" in you're gaming tag is working as intended ....... 🙂

😄

• Haha 1

First of two (consecutive) victories on the DD without concealment,😉😁 the "Tashkent 39". Love the combination of speed and fast reloading long range torpedoes (for T VII). Very first game in a P v P mode too. "Taschkent 39" does remind me of a fast Frenchie with an IJN torp boat under her clothes. Done decent work with three kills on top of it. Fun!

Skjermbilde 2024-07-08 162922.jpg

Skjermbilde 2024-07-08 162936.jpg

Skjermbilde 2024-07-08 162948.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome to T10 .... Battle Duration 5 min! ! ! 

image.thumb.jpeg.ac3826f24c474d1a64b39e86102514e0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c822bece1d72cf9a409587d359d974fa.jpeg

• Like 1

Gotta say .... it was a genius move by WG to give plane squadrons to DDs ....

5 min into the game, our Halford is chillin back with the BBs, no spotting on the flank whatsoever .... because our DD is parked and are flying planes across the map.....

image.thumb.png.e05e9043ae22daa5750e257d77516f70.png

6 min in, Halford has still not spotted anything ... hes parked behind and island .... flying planes...

image.thumb.png.1601778dcf1d70bab59aaa2948473540.png

10 min in .... half the game has passed. Halford FINALLY stepped onto A cap .... after half the game ....

Still not spotting anything tho .... because hes parked behind and islands .......... guessing hes about to launch some planes ....

image.thumb.png.a781a52246b4455f80dd3d7783192ef7.png

Gotta give WG some credit for this genius move! More planes to more ships so we all can sit parked behind islands and only planes flying around .... Sounds weirdly like another game title....

And dont forget, you guys that LOVE German cruisers like Mainz and Hinden .... will soon also get a hybrid so you also can fly planes all game....

Rant over!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

And dont forget, you guys that LOVE German cruisers like Mainz and Hinden .... will soon also get a hybrid so you also can fly planes all game....

Lol, we have already German cruisers, BC😉 with planes ingame like "GZ" and "MVR". When their secondaries are working correctly, my god. 😁

My best "Essex" game so far and hopefully more to come. "Essex" was my first T10 CV and playing her is pure joy. 😁😇 At least for me. Now I have finally acquired / grinded "Manfred v. Richthofen" too, which represents the increase of nice to me. Both Graf v. Zeppelin  and "MVR" are giving meaning to the term "evil twins" lol. Can't wait for Midway though. 

Skjermbilde 2024-07-03 185700.jpg

Skjermbilde 2024-07-03 185712.jpg

Skjermbilde 2024-07-03 185844.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Gotta say .... it was a genius move by WG to give plane squadrons to DDs ....

5 min into the game, our Halford is chillin back with the BBs, no spotting on the flank whatsoever .... because our DD is parked and are flying planes across the map.....

image.thumb.png.e05e9043ae22daa5750e257d77516f70.png

6 min in, Halford has still not spotted anything ... hes parked behind and island .... flying planes...

image.thumb.png.1601778dcf1d70bab59aaa2948473540.png

10 min in .... half the game has passed. Halford FINALLY stepped onto A cap .... after half the game ....

Still not spotting anything tho .... because hes parked behind and islands .......... guessing hes about to launch some planes ....

image.thumb.png.a781a52246b4455f80dd3d7783192ef7.png

Gotta give WG some credit for this genius move! More planes to more ships so we all can sit parked behind islands and only planes flying around .... Sounds weirdly like another game title....

Rant over!

The actions you mention say more about the player than the game or the ship, in my opinion.
Sounds like they need to level-up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The actions you mention say more about the player than the game or the ship, in my opinion.
Sounds like they need to level-up.

But it was the game (WG) that introduced them and it wouldn't be hard to foresee what would happen when you give that armament to DD C lass considering all the BB hybrids that park behind islands and just fly planes. It was kind of a pant on head idea from the start, regardless of the historical facts or not.

Exact same whould happen if they give planes to Subs (which, lets face it ... they probably will) and then we have both DDs and Subs parked in back line and a lot of puny planes flying around instead.

If you give the player base stupid tools, they will use them!     ( .... and if you throw enough of it on a wall .... it will stick...) 

27 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

But it was the game (WG) that introduced them and it wouldn't be hard to foresee what would happen when you give that armament to DD C lass considering all the BB hybrids that park behind islands and just fly planes. It was kind of a pant on head idea from the start, regardless of the historical facts or not.

Exact same whould happen if they give planes to Subs (which, lets face it ... they probably will) and then we have both DDs and Subs parked in back line and a lot of puny planes flying around instead.

If you give the player base stupid tools, they will use them!     ( .... and if you throw enough of it on a wall .... it will stick...) 

Well, with Submarines, the Japanese actually created some that carried planes.
At least they'd have historic precedent.  😉 

Besides, I want an ARP I-401 for my Commander Iona.  🙂 

Had a good battle, for one main reason.

Oncology.

shot-24.07.09_18.39.03-0301.jpg

shot-24.07.09_18.39.14-0272.jpg

• Like 1

Topping the bxp list during prime (for Asia, on NA...) farming time in Ops. Nothing special, but when you get those teams that obviously all know what they are doing, but don't speak a word in chat... and manage to out farm them, if even by a few xp, when it's all about farming KW and only have 3 kills to show for it. Feels good man. 😄

One guy had 7 kills. I beat him by about 10bxp. 

Oh, and yes, I got reported... Icing on the cake.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Well, with Submarines, the Japanese actually created some that carried planes.
At least they'd have historic precedent.  😉 

Besides, I want an ARP I-401 for my Commander Iona.  🙂 

I just saw this in Flambass latest Karl Johan video. 🙈 😣

Enemy team is loosing hard, meanwhile they have:

1 Essex CV

1 Kearsarge hybrid BB (probably full HP and with all heals)

1 Louisiana hybrid BB (probably full HP and with all heals)

Sitting parked behind the same island in top left corner of the map. All three playing as "CV´s"....!?!? World of Warship playerbase at Tier 10 Ladies and Gentlemen! ! !      #WonderWhyTheyLost

I repeat, WG creates stoopid tools/gimmicks, they playerbase will use them!

image.thumb.png.13f5efd3094641313cd1f734c168513f.png

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, xamdam said:

Oh, and yes, I got reported... Icing on the cake.

Why would You be reported in Ops? That's petty... 

58 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I repeat, WG creates stoopid tools/gimmicks, they playerbase will use them!

There'll always be stupid people, would You rather have no innovation or complexity just to fit all the idiots?

• Like 1