What Were Your Greatest Gaming Achievements Today ?

Admiral_Karasu

First game of the evening for naval battles and even though low damage, a Kraken iis a Kraken and a win is a win, even if your team tried their best to throw.

personal.jpg

I got my first Solo Warrior!

image.thumb.png.33fd8ac7ac5de38f6ef4537b53aec560.png

We had all four caps and the points lead, so I just had to gun down (and torp) their Ryujo and dodge all of his torp drops in return so I could get unspotted, and their Andrea Doria, Izmail and U-69 were not fast enough to ever spot me again before time ran out.

• Like 5

1.thumb.jpg.f0d9f4aa40b14fbe99aacc345a67f7a4.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.c4b48b832cab3dc4dc93ca3def585cbe.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.90ef7d9257a15f31efa1b95706da6c55.jpg

The ship on the bottom of our team was AFK for over 13 minutes.  Finally loaded in with only 7 minutes to go.  Without his help defending our cap, I would not have survived to the end.  Their Tirp and sub were in our cap and there was no way I survive without his help.  I was dodging torps and 15 inchers left and rignt and it was only a matter of time before they got me.  He helps me kill Tirp and then forces the sub under. They would have capped out with a win as our other two ship were out of defense range. 

So...even if you're having disconnect issues...do your best to get back in the game.  This guy was 13 minutes late to battle...finally got in...and made the difference between a win and a loss.

Edited by SoshiSone
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

...where the victory screen pops up and you feel like you didn't do much.  No caps.  No defense.  Few planes. Took little damage and little potential damage. Only about 8K on DDs.  Guessing bottom half on the team score.

shot-23_10.31_23_18.04-0251.thumb.jpg.7afa0ab254c7d97ae1322e72bc2aac99.jpg

..and then the team screen comes up.  Granted, being the only T8 (only two T9) in a T10 match helps with points..but still..sniping from mid/long range the whole time just trying to help where I can. 

shot-23_10.31_23_18.12-0349.thumb.jpg.9e530004329ed90931e39ca1a0f3247b.jpg

Seeing i was the only T8 on the team, I did open up the all chat with "Will kite for food".  Vanguard plays a mid range HE spammer when bottom tier.  The game was touch and go for the first half or so, but we had most of the caps and were building a good points lead.  So I even kinda drifted to long range at one point on the off chance that if the game went south, I'd be ready to run away silent with a points lead for the win.  I've had sevearal T10 matches end that way..just run and win.  This time the team kept up the heat and we closed with a solid win.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Admiral_Karasu changed the title to What Were Your Greatest Gaming Achievements Today ?

Its pretty common actually, you kinda hit the perfect storm in this one. Not sure about the exact math behind this but:

1. Being a bottom tier against higher tiers gives you a boost in Base XP (damaging them I mean....)

2. Doing damage to mostly small HP targets like Destroyers gives you way more XP then som chip damage on a 100 K HP BB.

So guessing, even tho that screenshot is missing that you, in a T8 BB dished out some decent damage to small T10 targets like Lushun, Halland and Gato. That will do it for you!

Thats why you Always should shoot at DDs and Subs whenever they are spotted. Can sometimes equal to doing some 50-60 000 damage to a Yamato (depending on your hits).

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Thats why you Always should shoot at DDs and Subs whenever they are spotted. Can sometimes equal to doing some 50-60 000 damage to a Yamato (depending on your hits).

Playing the game to maximize rewards rather than winning is a bit strange of advice...

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Playing the game to maximize rewards rather than winning is a bit strange of advice...

Well, the rewards are actually just some extra gravy, shooting at enemy DDs and Subs and killing those usually means you're winning the game, but I thought that was common knowledge.

• Thanks 3

Just now, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Well, the rewards are actually just some extra gravy, shooting at enemy DDs and Subs and killing those usually means you're winning the game, but I thought that was common knowledge.

Oh, they are generally related...but not the same.

First priority is winning the game. I only care about maximizing rewards if I am grinding...which is rare these days.

10 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Oh, they are generally related...but not the same.

First priority is winning the game. I only care about maximizing rewards if I am grinding...which is rare these days.

Well .... being a DD Main since 2015, I beg to differ. Getting your DDs and Subs killed early game most likely end up in a massive loss, since you lose all:

1. map awareness
  2. spotting (unless cancer)
  3. torp dev strikes
  4. zoning
  5. cap control
  6. speed for airship
  7. buffs in Arms race

so, mostly left with 10-line, full HP, not used one damage con or heal, Satsuma player screaming for "INTELLIGENCE DATA", wondering where his team went. 

(Ps ............ they went for the objective....)

Also, its hard to see by all the cruiser, BB and CV players at higher tiers that "Winning the game" is priority.

• Like 2

I'm with @OldSchoolGaming_Youtube in the sense that DD's and Submarines are "high priority" targets.

Of course, the current game mechanics, which reward XP based upon what percentage of a ship's HP were damaged by one's own ship, do "sweeten the deal".

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Well .... being a DD Main since 2015, I beg to differ. Getting your DDs and Subs killed early game most likely end up in a massive loss, since you lose all:

1. map awareness
  2. spotting (unless cancer)
  3. torp dev strikes
  4. zoning
  5. cap control
  6. speed for airship
  7. buffs in Arms race

so, mostly left with 10-line, full HP, not used one damage con or heal, Satsuma player screaming for "INTELLIGENCE DATA", wondering where his team went. 

(Ps ............ they went for the objective....)

Also, its hard to see by all the cruiser, BB and CV players at higher tiers that "Winning the game" is priority.

23 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm with @OldSchoolGaming_Youtube in the sense that DD's and Submarines are "high priority" targets.

Of course, the current game mechanics, which reward XP based upon what percentage of a ship's HP were damaged by one's own ship, do "sweeten the deal".

I agree with you in general.

I was more pointing out that the advice is not universal. There will be situations where shooting at the DD or sub is not the best play.

I'm also pointing out that trying to maximize rewards is a separate goal from trying to win the game. They may be similar, but not always the same.

Again, in general for most matches...you are right. I'm just debating levels of priority.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I was more pointing out that the advice is not universal. There will be situations where shooting at the DD or sub is not the best play.

I'm also pointing out that trying to maximize rewards is a separate goal from trying to win the game. They may be similar, but not always the same.

Again, in general for most matches...you are right. I'm just debating levels of priority.

I agree that it is a "judgement call" especially if one happens to be on one side of an island while a DD is on the other side of that same island (and on the other side of the map).
Can't shoot that target, so pick a more viable target-of-the-moment.  🙂 

That said, I do hope people will maintain lines-of-fire open to support their team-mates, early and often.  🙂 

3 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I agree. In this case WG is actually spot on! Hardest target to harm/kill/most important target for ALL modes bring best rewards and XP, for once they got it right.

2 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I agree. In this case WG is actually spot on! Hardest target to harm/kill/most important target for ALL modes bring best rewards and XP, for once they got it right.

Yes, and they have adjusted it over time to fit the changes in meta relatively quickly.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Yes.... and im pointing out .... with the current state of the playerbase and skill levels its ALWAYS good to shoot at DD and Subs (thats me playing mostly DDs and Subs myself ... btw.... so NOT doing myself any favors here .... ) Im a bit curious at what situation you think its better to shoot something else...?)

A DEAD DD and Subs deletes ALL those important things I Mentioned in my previous post.

So pretty much I was 100 % right in my first post then?

3 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Yes.... and im pointing out .... with the current state of the playerbase and skill levels its ALWAYS good to shoot at DD and Subs (thats me playing mostly DDs and Subs myself ... btw.... so NOT doing myself any favors here .... ) Im a bit curious at what situation you think its better to shoot something else...?)

A DEAD DD and Subs deletes ALL those important things I Mentioned in my previous post.

So pretty much I was 100 % right in my first post then?

Late game, your points close to 1000 or their points close to 0...

Clean shot at low health battleship citadel from inside 6 km, or trying to shoot at the full health French DD actively dodging at 15km.

You kill the battleship and win the game on points.

42 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Late game, your points close to 1000 or their points close to 0...

Clean shot at low health battleship citadel from inside 6 km, or trying to shoot at the full health French DD actively dodging at 15km.

You kill the battleship and win the game on points.

Yes ... and im guessing you know this is a one in a hundred situations, right? One last BB kill in last second to push the ticks over last second?

Meanwhile in 98% of the rest of the games my post is better! Always shoot the spotted DD or Sub because that will open up the flank and deliverer the crossfires/map control/tactics/spotting advantage/torp spam from friendly DDs/Subs to win?

2 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Yes ... and im guessing you know this is a one in a hundred situations, right? One last BB kill in last second to push the ticks over last second?

Meanwhile in 98% of the rest of the games my post is better! Always shoot the spotted DD or Sub because that will open up the flank and deliverer the crossfires/map control/tactics/spotting advantage/torp spam from friendly DDs/Subs to win?

Agreed.

I don't know why you think Im fighting you...

2 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Agreed.

I don't know why you think Im fighting you...

Maybe ... because you are fighting me.....? Otherwise if we both agree 100% why did you reply at all?