What Were Your Greatest Gaming Achievements Today ?

Admiral_Karasu

On 3/7/2024 at 8:49 AM, AdmiralThunder said:

Just had a funny experience that I think fits well for this thread.

I was on reddit a little earlier and someone was asking about moving from Konig to Bayern vs Iron Duke to QE. After responding and making my pitch that Bayern is the better ship (but I did say go with the playstyle that suits you better) I was inspired to go play a match in it (Randoms). 

Turned out to be pretty much exactly why I recommended it over QE as a tough ship and also kind of backed up everything I said about it LOL. We got down early (T5-T7 MM) and the guns were trolling me a bit (I warned them of this with the ship). Not as bad as they have at times but I should have had 2 easy kills early on broadside ships I completed whiffed on (bracketed - my aim was true). It was looking bleak down 4v7, a cyclone was on (8km vis), and the reds closing in on base from all sides.

I went to the base with our Algerie as I saw it being capped (I was pretty close anyway but still had to get moving and get there) and then things went nuts. Reds everywhere LOL. When the dust cleared I had taken out 4 (2 BB, Cruiser, DD) as the guns suddenly went from couldn't hit to can't miss, picked up 5 achievements, and we won abut 2 sec after I killed the last Red in base (BB) when my last teammate killed the last red elsewhere. Everything I said about the ship basically showed up in the game (tough, decent speed, good secondaries, trolly main guns, etc...). Just found it funny how what I said about it was exactly what it did in the game LOL.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Could be could be, but I'll take QE over Bayern because QE was a real ship.

Admiral Karasu, FOTRSF

11 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

3kw2vq.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=80688e155b8042

It's what happens when a DD is taken to that "nice farm upstate" where she can run freely around the BBs, with no radars, gunboats, subs or CVs to worry about...

• Haha 1

Hi all,

Oh Boy... keep carrying on... "Ranked Silver"...

shot-24_03.08_12_38.47-0973.thumb.jpg.2e3ac6d7c94c1aed9c2cc34bcf6fcfaf.jpg

shot-24_03.08_12_38.49-0662.thumb.jpg.759028458c79045bc8bf97a234ae59be.jpg

shot-24_03.08_12_38.52-0710.thumb.jpg.77ac6ab22748189ab8393d44fd742e89.jpg

shot-24_03.08_12_38.56-0424.thumb.jpg.0b3b356778ec06e4ccaa766fe38aec06.jpg

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Could be could be, but I'll take QE over Bayern because QE was a real ship.

Admiral Karasu, FOTRSF

So was Bayern

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

So was Bayern

Correct. 'Was' is the operative word here when it comes to WoWS.

3 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Correct. 'Was' is the operative word here when it comes to WoWS.

???

2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

???

Go to Wiki and have a look at the Bayern, the image is that of the real ship in WoWS there.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/File:Bayern_wows_main.jpg

That ^ is not what you see in the game, though.

These are the Wiki pages.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Bayern

on this page too..

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Navy:Bayern

@iDuckman Could I ask, since I haven't encountered this before, why are there duplicate pages in the wiki, and the information, at least the purchase price, seems to be different?

• Like 1

Could experience a fantastic battle (Random) in "Gneisenau" as Mid - Tier. Love this ship despite what others say, because she delivers, is fast and agile. 

Skjermbilde 2024-03-08 191803.jpg

Skjermbilde 2024-03-08 191906.jpg

Skjermbilde 2024-03-08 191803.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Go to Wiki and have a look at the Bayern, the image is that of the real ship in WoWS there.

on this page too..

@iDuckman Could I ask, since I haven't encountered this before, why are there duplicate pages in the wiki, and the information, at least the purchase price, seems to be different?

Bayern used to have an A, B, and C hull. WG did away with 3 hulls on ships (most anyway - don't think any still have 3 Hulls?) a few years ago to ease the grind (I believe that is what they said if memory serves). That older wiki photo is the original A hull which reflects what the ship looked like IRL. The original B and C Hulls, which are now A and B respectively, are fictional modernizations WG came up with for "balance" reasons (AA and such - its speed is another fictional thing but that is the engine upgrade not the hull) and so Bayern would better fit at T6. The OG A hull Bayern was horrendously bad. I am glad that OG A hull is gone for those new players grinding that ship even if the ship is not 100% historical anymore. So not 100% historical but still a real ship overall.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Bayern used to have an A, B, and C hull. WG did away with 3 hulls on ships (most anyway - don't think any still have 3 Hulls?) a few years ago to ease the grind (I believe that is what they said if memory serves). That older wiki photo is the original A hull which reflects what the ship looked like IRL. The original B and C Hulls, which are now A and B respectively, are fictional modernizations WG came up with for "balance" reasons (AA and such - its speed is another fictional thing but that is the engine upgrade not the hull) and so Bayern would better fit at T6. The OG A hull Bayern was horrendously bad. I am glad that OG A hull is gone for those new players grinding that ship even if the ship is not 100% historical anymore. So not 100% historical but still a real ship overall.

Well.. let's say our perspectives on this differ. I always played with the A hull. I had both, but I saw no reason to play with a fantasy refit when I had the 'real thing' to choose.

If WG wanted to 'ease the grind', they could easily make changes that were of universal benefit for the players.

8 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Well.. let's say our perspectives on this differ. I always played with the A hull. I had both, but I saw no reason to play with a fantasy refit when I had the 'real thing' to choose.

If WG wanted to 'ease the grind', they could easily make changes that were of universal benefit for the players.

I am not the purest you and some others are (which is fine - that isn't a criticism). I want it "historical where possible and reasonable" but I have no issue with things done to make the ships more fun to play (like Bayern's fantasy speed) that aren't historical. To each their own.

salute.jpg.070269b8e9e537aca9bce7213eacb524.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

on this page too..

I don't know.  Could you ask this question in the Wiki Open Forum, where the Minions will attack it?  There are secrets behind the veil.  https://discord.gg/sywTt6hB

I suspect AdmiralThunder has it nailed but it needs to be fixed.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Like 1

Managed to renew my personal damage record for Mainz and Kutuzov...

image.thumb.png.d18695e34d0de5947538e2ba5a24da30.pngimage.thumb.png.cff74fdde198983c9a0cce24ab8bc5b8.png

image.thumb.png.df12e79c5d7fea2459a9ea96ff0af3db.pngimage.thumb.png.67776158ab45d36c255a3d8b5c0e098a.png

• Like 4

5 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yeah, what we see in game regarding Konig and Bayern is a reasonable representation of what could have happened if the Treaty of Versailles didn’t screw over the German navy (and Germany in general) at the end of WWI per actual history. It makes perfect sense considering all the Washington Treaty reconstructions of WWI-era battleships that fill tiers V and VI.

Edited by Nevermore135

300k DM. I was so f**king close to a win too.

WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2024_03.09-23_01_36_31.thumb.png.813d552608ef9be161bc72b8451a9dc1.png

WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2024_03.09-23_01_44_82.thumb.png.1540ba08158155604cf615130fa09214.png

• Like 6

Carrying this operation, did learn that I'll need to be more careful about placing my Yorktown, the first puff won't cover you if stationary,nor can you make a circle quick enough even with extra duration equipment/flag. 

Edited by GandalfTehGray
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Wulf_Ace said:

North Carolina 7 kills, 200k dmg

shot-24_03.10_13_54.23-0900.thumb.jpg.144530664372e8c0e6f44ab98d67e735.jpgshot-24_03.10_13_54.25-0486.thumb.jpg.599230d284e3025896b5540fe03a5981.jpg

And a replay of the battle

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2086793407

Nice to see NC still going strong. In the early years, the North Carolina was one of the best ships I had, didn't even feel like I was grinding at all. (Of course the meta was really different back then too). It's still at spot 9 in terms of the number of battles played for me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Nice to see NC still going strong. In the early years, the North Carolina was one of the best ships I had, didn't even feel like I was grinding at all. (Of course the meta was really different back then too). It's still at spot 9 in terms of the number of battles played for me.

I love it, whole that line,american guns hurt a lot.

• Like 2

Screenshot(2254).thumb.png.0aec5bec9d4857dc71da4e4553913804.png

Screenshot(2271).thumb.png.661080168d086ae38d44aec65b1bd7c0.png

Spoiler

Screenshot(2259).thumb.png.cdc9d151345bf74ae3b7e17eccc4ea89.png

Screenshot(2287).thumb.png.7c5ac553a4c6c7b34f0ed5d2d2b80c38.png

Back-to-back win in Rochester and Alabama, just short of and just over 3k xp.

The first one was a piece of cake: half their team pushed in for no reason and, after we mopped them up, I had the pleasure of advancing on a Lyon and a Kaga, basically "free real estate".

The second was one of my best wins ever: First Blood and Dev Strike on the Hawke with a 65k volley (no detonation), cleared the flank of 3 more enemies (though Zara and Tiger '59 did a number on my upper belt...), headed south and secured a kiting Chapayev. Their team pushed strongly out of A, ours defended (sort of...) on B, with most ships trading like matter and antimatter annihilating each other. Out emerged the baryonic asymmetry, my low-hp Alabama, to remove the de Witt and win it on the spot, while their Mogador, on less than 1k, vanished like a frightened neutrino.

It was sooo close to becoming one of those infuriating losses where no matter what you do the team finds a way to throw it (after a while we were 5v6 on kills, 4 of ours being mine...), and I admit I screwed up myself at one point (a couple of puny torps from the Skane couldn't hurt as bad as those cruisers), but it's sooo sweet to win these games...

EDIT: made it to Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl-cd6LBSiY

Edited by tocqueville8
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

German BB's are not dead, I have no idea why people have said they are.

Screenshot (73).png

Screenshot (74).png

• Like 5

My very first Random in a CV, Ark Royal. I did pretty well and am proud about it honestly. The inner barriers had been high over quite a period of time since I didn't want to spoil a battle for others. 😊

Skjermbilde 2024-03-14 131919.jpg

Skjermbilde 2024-03-14 131931.jpg

Skjermbilde 2024-03-14 131941.jpg

• Like 6

A casual game in Legendary mod Golden.

image.thumb.jpeg.e66b3fa576da33fc0d037b071f6744f5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bc454971e7b94c7943ea8cde3b018fd8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ed08ad5bd5202ca627f02661851a1d17.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f6a332c560c645b7b4f2219460889c22.jpeg

• Like 5