What Were Your Greatest Gaming Achievements Today ?

Admiral_Karasu

10 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

What prompted you to enumerate the reasons why you chose to be PVE main? I am curious because I started my reply to this thread with the clear point that Co-op scores should be posted to the proper thread, and not about why one chose to be a PVE (or PVP) main.

Please point to me now where I praised, to quote your own words, "that ^^^^ toxic, hot mess:"

What prompted you to declare that you are "very educated and humble gamers, whom are polite in game and seriously, help and support each other exist in PVE !"? The point of my reply is about posting Co-op scores to the proper thread. Again, as I have mentioned in my previous replies, let us accord due respect to achievements earned in Random Battles/Ranked Battles by not mixing it or mistaking it to be at par with Co-op scores. 

Humor.  I warned you I am a terrible comedian ! 

because I could

You didn't

because we are a Kinder, Gentler mode of play that want's to be one of those "thousand points of light"....

Humor.  Take in fun as it was meant.........

5 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

This thread is called "What were your greatest gaming achievements today?"

I haven't uninstalled.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

It's whatever a player did on a particular day of which they are most proud.

There is a proper place to post your Co-op scores, and it is not on this thread. 

The fundamental flaw of your assertion is the fact that anyone can say, "I derped in Co-op and I am most proud of it", post it on this thread, and claim that it is a 'greatest achievement'—which clearly is not.

• Haha 1

On 9/18/2023 at 11:50 PM, Admiral_Karasu said:

If the title looks familiar, it should. Carrying over from the World of Warships Official Forum (EU) we keep up the traditions of the old forums, and this thread is a continuation of the thread that itself was first posted by Hanszeehock on March 24, 2015 to match a similar thread on the World of Warplanes forum.

For me today, after coming back to port from my first battle of the day in the Mighty Yamato.

image.thumb.png.b5fcc0f14ef6e7a81b08353f0d022df3.png

I can't believe it's 8 years but it is 8 years.

1 hour ago, Frostbow said:

There is a proper place to post your Co-op scores, and it is not on this thread. 

The fundamental flaw of your assertion is the fact that anyone can say, "I derped in Co-op and I am most proud of it", post it on this thread, and claim that it is a 'greatest achievement'—which clearly is not.

Please take note that this thread is nowhere limited to just PvP or any particular game mode. Also take note what did not carry over in my quoting of OP, namely the excerpt I had quoted from the original WoWS Forum thread which was still up at the time.

This is your chance to show off your gaming prowess  !

Hanszeehock on March 24, 2015

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Please take note that this thread is nowhere limited to just PvP or any particular game mode.

Thank you. I have more Co-op Battles than Random Battles, yet I am of the firm belief that Co-op scores are not the same as PVP Achievements, and should be not be put on a pedestal at par with PVP. Mixing Co-op scores among PVP Achievements like what we can see in the previous posts in this thread is blatantly misleading and downright dishonest because 1) there is a separate and dedicated thread for Co-op, and more importantly, 2) earning PVP Achievements such as High Caliber, Dreadnought, Combat Scout, etc., requires an infinitely sophisticated approach to the battle and a much more involved cerebral process that are both not found in Co-op.

• Like 1
  • Bored 2

14 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

Thank you. I have more Co-op Battles than Random Battles, yet I am of the firm belief that Co-op scores are not the same as PVP Achievements, and should be not be put on a pedestal at par with PVP. Mixing Co-op scores among PVP Achievements like what we can see in the previous posts in this thread is blatantly misleading and downright dishonest because 1) there is a separate and dedicated thread for Co-op, and more importantly, 2) earning PVP Achievements such as High Caliber, Dreadnought, Combat Scout, etc., requires an infinitely sophisticated approach to the battle and a much more involved cerebral process that are both not found in Co-op.

It's a good idea to tell others what the achievement was about, of course, including if it was a particular game mode when that's relevant. Still, the core idea here is that whatever the achievement was it's primarily a subjective game play experience we are talking about here.

There's also nothing wrong posting the same content in a game mode specific thread, but I hope you understand that the purpose of this thread is maybe fundamentally different from those threads.

• Thanks 1

My greatest achievement today ?

Remaining calm, cool and collected facing a team of [insert here your favorite insult].

image.png?ex=65e0bf72&is=65ce4a72&hm=d2f2ad15d1a00cf47e65c976a7747bdef9b22919728af1c50d21437cd62934dd&=

Edited by Silence_CN
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Frostbow said:

Ooooh Pleassssse.  I have earned all of the PVP  achievements simply, just by playing Randoms like everyone else....  Good grief, Karkens and all the rest "simply by being there....."   There's nothing magical or some super skill needed......  All you have to do is be there and try.  Sometimes by accident !

Randoms are simple Linear battles.  There is almost no asymmetry at all and seriously, all you have to do is sit back, let the weak get farmed and then, "go with the flow" and wal-la, achievements.

image.thumb.png.26633800b93a57c783319389f243a817.png

I would have stayed if there were not endless stomps and toxic players.  That's a little over 5,100 or so PVP matches.

Of course our host makes playing PVP more profitable........throughput = revenue.   That doesn't say PVP is better than PVE.  There were a lot of PVP mains playing ASB's before they were axed/nerfed, what four (4) days after they were issued....  What does that say about PVP - it ain't that good and a whole bunch of those PVP lads/lasses/them jumped PVP ship and came to ASB's, PVE because:  it was fun 5x12 and had equal profitability....

"an infinitely sophisticated approach to the battle and a much more involved cerebral process that are both not found in Co-op"  

image.png.b72a4c77301dba167d14af6bc7fabe02.png

OMG, I almost ^^^^^.  I'm still looking for tissues... 

Edited by Asym
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I can understand the desire to properly sort the topics/posts according to their categories for description and organization purposes (random battles in one topic, Co-op battles in another topic).

That said, I'm simply weary of players touting random battles as the best examples of good play.
Co-op battles are more aggressive and the players (humans and bots) are more often closing to within "brawling" or even "point blank" ranges.
Random "mains" hiding behind islands and hanging back at nearly the border of the map are NOT inspirational acts of bravery in my opinion.
Until radom battles are so saturated with devil-may-care actions wherein uncommon gallantry is commonplace, I'm going to disagree with the actual or implied snobbery exhibited by some people towards Co-op players and the Co-op mode.

Do I make myself clear?  🙂 

whats so brave to play against bot who sails straight forward and torps always the same spot hahah

enjoy your co op games but dont elevate it to a level that makes sense, beacouse it doesnt.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Asym said:

I would have stayed if there were not endless stomps and toxic players.  That's a little over 5,100 or so PVP matches.

As I have repeatedly told you before, my post is not about stomps or player behavior in Random Battles. 

It is all about not posting Co-op scores in a thread that talks about achievements. Player are posting achievements rightfully earned, and you can see these achievements from numerous posts in this thread. 

Your assertion is grossly immaterial. Read my post again. It is not that hard to comprehend.

And since you keep on talking stomps as well as bragging that you are very good because you chose to play PVE instead of PVP, I now suspect the reason is you are afraid of tanking your win rate. 

2 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

whats so brave to play against bot who sails straight forward and torps always the same spot hahah

There's nothing brave in Co-op. And I am a Co-op player just stating the truth.

2 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

enjoy your co op games but dont elevate it to a level that makes sense, beacouse it doesnt.

Exactly. 

• Like 1

Frostbow.

Admiral_Karasu has already told you many times that CO-OP players CAN post their best game achievement today in THIS thread.

Sit down. You are embarrassing yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

Admiral_Karasu has already told you many times that CO-OP players CAN post their best game achievement today in THIS thread.

And did I prevent anyone from doing so? I definitely did not.

Sit down. You embarrassed yourself.

Ok this game isn't too impressive but with the current sit back and snipe meta, I think this should be celebrated.

Screenshot (43).png

Screenshot (44).png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

Ok this game isn't too impressive but with the current sit back and snipe meta, I think this should be celebrated.

Screenshot (43).png

Screenshot (44).png

Those are real achievements and they should be celebrated. Top of the scoreboard too!

Looks like the enemy submarine played like it was a Co-op match. LOL!

GG!

• Like 1

In case it's still a bit unclear to some people, the 'achievement' part in the thread title is not a direct reference to what are called 'achievements' in the game. They can be, if that's the case, but essentially this is a feel good thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I can understand the desire to properly sort the topics/posts according to their categories for description and organization purposes (random battles in one topic, Co-op battles in another topic).

That said, I'm simply weary of players touting random battles as the best examples of good play.
Co-op battles are more aggressive and the players (humans and bots) are more often closing to within "brawling" or even "point blank" ranges.
Random "mains" hiding behind islands and hanging back at nearly the border of the map are NOT inspirational acts of bravery in my opinion.
Until radom battles are so saturated with devil-may-care actions wherein uncommon gallantry is commonplace, I'm going to disagree with the actual or implied snobbery exhibited by some people towards Co-op players and the Co-op mode.

Do I make myself clear?  🙂 

No. 

This thread is about the greatest achievements, not bravest. 

Co op is objectively an easier mode. Racking high damage and kills is easier in co op than Randoms, by design. 

Everyone is free to play however they want. Just as you dislike random battles for it's more positional play, I dislike co op because it lacks it. However, just because you find co op more engaging does not disprove the original poster's point: Great achievements in random battles are more difficult than in co-op (look at the damage records for the two modes, if you don't believe me.) 

Co op results have their own thread. None of us think such an action is snobbish. Is it truly toxic and elitist to want separation? 

19 hours ago, Asym said:

Oh, full of one's self we are.....Hmmmm?

19 hours ago, Asym said:

We'd win the Better Housekeeping Award !  The rest of you Hoofties......good luck with that hot mess...  [smiling emoji]]

I find it hard to believe that you wrote these two statements together in the same post. Is this ironic? 

Anyways, to the topic of this thread, I had a funny arms race game in Annapolis the other day where I activated Halsey confed in conjunction with two reload buffs and my build to get a 2.5 second reload (just over 800k HE DPM)

image.png.02aefb798f823dafeb91250c2282e6f1.png

(Abysmal quality is because it's a YouTube screenshot lmao)

image.png?ex=65da7087&is=65c7fb87&hm=95e9751636268102f2d030edb71cc8cff14d51cb7169352ad43f11d7cb62e971&=

image.png?ex=65da708e&is=65c7fb8e&hm=dfd1ebf014ca31f07e77b25abdc59de37fef0f9731c9098886870051c98047dd&=

A friend of mine uploaded the replay on his channel, here's the video, (timestamped to the activation of Confederate.)

Edited by Unlooky
clarity
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, Unlooky said:

No. 

This thread is about the ....

https://www.devstrike.net/topic/1339-what-were-your-greatest-gaming-achievements-today/?do=findComment&comment=36793

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

In case it's still a bit unclear to some people, the 'achievement' part in the thread title is not a direct reference to what are called 'achievements' in the game. They can be, if that's the case, but essentially this is a feel good thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've essentially updated OP. Please refer to that if any more questions remain.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Still, it cannot be denied that achievements in the game, in both larger or narrower perspectives and contexts, directly refer to in-game achievements. One only has to look at what the majority of posts in this thread and in the former thread over at the nuked official forum contained—heroic and honorable achievements.

Kraken Unleashed. High Caliber. Combat Scout. Dreadnought. Witherer. Confederate. First Blood. The list goes on. Even this forum is named after an achievement in World of Warships: DEVASTATING STRIKE. 

All of these are ACHIEVEMENTS.

And there is an excellent reason for that. Achievements in World of Warships are attained by effort, courage, and in no small part, skill.

They can be, if that's the case, but essentially this is a feel good thread.

Feeling good can happen, and it indeed happens, in the absence of any achievement. A player can sink bots in the game and feel good about it. But was it really an achievement? Nope. Not when we know bots in Co-op have been programmed to be as dumb as possible so that they can die with the least amount effort and skill expended by players.

But are we belittling Co-op scores here? Nope. We even have two dedicated PVE threads specifically for that.

What is simply pointed out is the inherent dishonesty of putting Co-op scores on the same pedestal as achievements rightfully earned in a player versus player battle. Co-op scores are not achievements. 

but essentially this is a feel good thread.

Then it is only right and proper to rename this thread "Greatest Feel Good Thread".

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

On 2/5/2024 at 2:20 AM, Admiral_Karasu said:

Now, this is only a low tier 3 battle and most of the other players are bots too but... it's still nice, and since it's nonetheless technically a random battle there's that Kraken too.

shot-24.02.04_20.18.49-0379.jpg

^^^^ This is an ACHIEVEMENT. An excellent collection of achievements earned through effort, courage, and skill.

On 2/15/2024 at 9:26 AM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

FEAR THE OMAHA.

Yes, it's co-op; yes, there were three green bots and a human that was AFK. Still...

^^^^ This is NOT an achievement. 

• Bored 2

Managed to get two Arsonist and 14 fires; this might well be my HE spam record...

Screenshot2024-02-16165136.thumb.png.c0ea7195381502dba42b9bb16536fbf8.png

• Like 3

Though I admit that MM was rather cool (for once), I love this tiny dancer. 🥰
Fast and nimble : a very good DD. For me at least...

image.png?ex=65e2142a&is=65cf9f2a&hm=89c50021cdedf28c96a19ff075db772fe4cc748d7766252965a0ee8bf79e1260&=

image.png?ex=65e2142a&is=65cf9f2a&hm=f2e2a56fc9cb8478d7ddade93419c49a4add72767e7b1f9601f83ff390ec0686&=

• Like 6