Warships Collectors Club

HogHammer

After much hemming and hawing, spent my big chunk of coal and my discount on the USS Black...put my 21 points commander from Midway on her. Built for torpedo reload and survival, since she is a Fletcher.

• Like 5

Exchanged 21,000 units of steel and one 25% coupon in the Armory in order to welcome the Tier-10 USN Submarine, the X Gato Doubloons, to my Port.
The ship was delivered by Commander Archibald Powers (3 skill points).
Commander Powers does bear a passing resemblance to the movie character named Austin Powers, portrayed by Mike Meyers.
Nevertheless, he will be sent back to Shipbuilder's City with thanks for a safe delivery.
Captain selection and hull module installation to begin, soon.
Assigned Commander Kaus V. Teslau (10 skill points) to be the Captain of the Gato.

spacer.png

spacer.png

As you can see, Commander Klaus V. Teslau (USN compatible) has prior experience in a Halloween event Submarine.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 4

I hit a milestone over the past several days. With repeated attempts in Co-Op Battles to better my score for AdmiralThunder's contest, I decided to add another Tier VI BB to my collection. I only had a limited number at this tier, three. Two were British, including the Repulse B, and one Japanese, the Fuso. To broaden my choices, I brought in the Bayern, and included a 10-pt commander with that acquisition. This was the 99th addition to my port. I did have some good battles with that ship, but was not able to best my highest score, which ended up being with the Repulse.

Shortly after getting the Bayern, I completed the 10 random battles to unlock the three-day rental of the US BB Arizona. By coincidence, Arizona is a tier VI BB, so I also brought it into my circle of ship's for the competition. I have also been taking her into asymmetric battles. The Arizona's guns, while slow in reloading, have proven quite effective, and can deliver serious damage from citadel hits. Cruisers melt away, and even BBs can suffer withering damage. In any event, despite being a rental, this ship counted as an addition to my port, putting me at the century mark. I thus obtained my Jr Collector's badge.

Finally, weeks ago I had acquired enough experience with the Farragut to pick up the Mahan on my journey along US DD tech tree. I put off acquiring the vessel because I had enough DDs to keep me busy, and I have not been as enamoured with US DDs* as I have British, French and Japanese ones. Just yesterday I decided to finally get the Mahan, in part because I still wanted 100 ships in my port after the Arizona goes back to the rental yard. The three torpedo launchers in a delta arrangement is interesting and I discovered it to be quite effective. I went with asymmetric battle for my first outing in this ship and had a really fun time trying to cap and defend A. Even though the outcome ultimately ended up in defeat, you can tell by the info accompanying screen capture that this was a pitched battle, a brawl in the cap zone where I stayed in the fight to the bitter end, the kind I really enjoy. The Mahan is a fine ship!

-best

* Edit: One exception: the Kidd. Have enjoyed this DD quite a bit!

WorldOfWarships_ScreenCapturesOfShips_BB_Bayern_1440px_20231205_Crop.jpg

WorldOfWarships_ScreenCapturesOfShips_BB_Arizona_1440px_20231205_NoCrop.jpg

WorldOfWarships_ScreenCapturesOfShips_DD_Mahan_1440px_20231205_Crop.jpg

WorldOfWarships_ScreenCapturesOfShips_DD_Mahan_1440px_20231205_FirstBattle_Asymmetric_Crop.jpg

Edited by RedLimitFreeway
  • Like 5

In the first 5 Mega Santa Crates of this year's event, I got the only two Premium ships on the list I did not have- Halford and Scarlet Thunder.

Also today made it to Scharnhorst '43, and bought Bungo. I put the 18-point commanders prepared for Yumihari, Adatara, and Bungo on their ships. These plus the recent acquisition of Thrasher, Repulse B, Pozharsky, Picardie, and Iowa bring me to 651 ships. 

Need a bigger port. 

Edited by Pugilistic
  • Like 4

So, thanks to the new patch, the Snowflakes, and the resource coupon reset, I welcomed Ship 495: IJN Adatara

image.thumb.png.4200669aacc1e50046b28a2ecf22d334.png

Ship 496: USS Austin

image.thumb.png.426598cee2abed46cee67bddbb5eb469.png

and Ship 497: KMS U-4501

image.thumb.png.5c9ebe48113b90f865c74b1b2af8cd67.png

Edited by FltCaptAlan
  • Like 4

And a Mega crate dropped ship 498: Jager

image.thumb.png.d7e4c34e351477aec918c936696d2397.png

I'm getting close to the final Ship Hoarder Collector emblem

for the flakes I'm gonna cheat and get some T1s to pad my numbers

Edited by FltCaptAlan
  • Like 3

In my typical fashion of saving the resource coupons until shortly before they reset:

Picked up Constellation and Incomparable on Monday, and welcomed Dimitri Pozharsky into my fleet last Thursday on the last day of that event.

That brings my total flake fleet up to 359 on the day before flake farming starts, and I expect at least another 5 to 6 by the end of the patch.

Of course, that coupon practice may change this month, since WG insisted on bringing back Lauria right after the coupon refreshed. And I really don’t want to wait another six months to buy it after already having to wait four months. I loved playing it, and really want it now… (yes I could buy it for full price and probably still have enough steel in June to use the coupon then, but I still refuse to buy steel ships at full price)

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Like 4

virgina 44 ( forgot to take a screen shot ) Bungo, Colossus CV and Brisbane 

total ships now 579

shot-23.12.06_21.35.23-0097.jpg

shot-23.12.06_22.05.07-0433.jpg

shot-23.12.06_22.05.24-0716.jpg

• Like 6

Exchanged ShipXP from the Nagato to research/unlock and welcome the VIII Yumihari, for a price of 9,350,000 credits.
Captain selection and hull module installation to begin, soon.
Transferred Commander Taro Otaki (8 skill points) from the Tier-7 Maya to become the Captain of the Tier-8 Yumihari.
Transferred Commander Minakami Shiori (8 skill points) from the Reserve Barracks to become the Captain of the Tier-7 Maya.

spacer.png

spacer.png
Commander Minakami Shiori is seen in the lower left of the above image.
https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/340

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 3

Leipzig for Santas small gift (Dockyard) Nr 611 (see Santas Drops)

West Virginia bought for the updated T7 Premium Container (only ship left) 30.000 tokens to clear my forthcoming Santas purchases. Nr 612. 

The T8 IJN BB will be nr 613 later this evening.

231207 VW T7 Community container.png

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Gnirf said:

Leipzig for Santas small gift (Dockyard) Nr 611 (see Santas Drops)

Same ship for me just now in 1st Santa crate ship drop of 2023

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

#580 Spanish cruiser Namancia  still got 30 various sants containers to open and counting 

shot-23.12.07_17.39.49-0637.jpg

Edited by Gaelic_knight
  • Like 3

Opened a Santa's Gift container and welcomed the Tier-7 Russian Premium Battleship, the VII Poltava Doubloons, as a result.
The ship arrived with a 10-point Commander, named Igor Skvortsov.

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Bored 1

2nd Santa crate ship of 2023. I must have been bad. MY POOR EYES!!!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 3

From one Santa's Mega Gift container yesterday, I received the premium DD Jurua, the 101st ship in my port, with a 10-pt commander. So far this is my one and only ship from said container type–I seem to receive more doubloons than ships, not that I am complaining. This DD is British-designed and I know these well. Already have had a nice asymmetric battle with this one. I like the permanent camo, too!

-best

WorldOfWarships_ScreenCapturesOfShips_DD_Jurua_1440px_20231207_Mod.thumb.jpg.06c69327ccb440f7c78bec8eb6626fe9.jpg

Edited by RedLimitFreeway
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

spacer.png

$3 Crate:

spacer.png

$5 Crate:

spacer.png

Broken links? Or is it just me not seeing them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Broken links? Or is it just me not seeing them.

They are there for me and even showing in your post quote. Try refreshing the page.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

They are there for me and even showing in tour post  quote. Try refreshing the page.

Thanks, now I can see them. Internet acting up it seems.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

2nd Santa crate ship of 2023. I must have been bad. MY POOR EYES!!!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

im sure you can make things happen with it 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RedLimitFreeway said:

From one Santa's Mega Gift container yesterday, I received the premium DD Jurua, the 101st ship in my port, with a 10-pt commander. So far this is my one and only ship from said container type–I seem to receive more doubloons than ships, not that I am complaining. This DD is British-designed and I know these well. Already have had a nice asymmetric battle with this one. I like the permanent camo, too!

-best

WorldOfWarships_ScreenCapturesOfShips_DD_Jurua_1440px_20231207_Mod.thumb.jpg.06c69327ccb440f7c78bec8eb6626fe9.jpg

congrats on reaching your first mile stone 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

virgina 44 screenshot i forgot to take for my previous post  , some kind of floating tin can that will just rot in my port and LEIPZIG (nurenberg clone but with 10 km torps )

shot-23.12.08_14.10.18-0172.jpg

shot-23.12.08_14.11.17-0141.jpg

shot-23.12.08_14.11.40-0975.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1