Warships Collectors Club

HogHammer

As a reward for completing a dockyard phase for the Almirante Oquendo dockyard event, I welcomed the Tier-6 German Cruiser, the Leipzig, to my Port.
The reward also provided 1 "Vacant Slot" (a.k.a. a Port Slot).
The Leipzig was delivered by Commander Jakob Kohler (6 skill points).
For now, he will be retained to provide familiarization training to Captaincy Candidates within my Reserve Barracks.

shot-24_08.15_18_34.58-0651.thumb.jpg.d9f5f17a67209989f5f377b77debfaf5.jpg 

• Like 6

Here she is.  May I introduce to you all...

Screenshot 2024-08-15 233703.png

• Like 10

The Alsace has joined the French fleet at tier 9!  Unique Cdr. Philippe Auboyneau (17) will move up from the Richelieu and reserve Cdr. Jacques Favier (10) will take over there to try his hand at Operations.

Fleet Ship #522

• Like 2

Got from Junior Recruiting box as #564, as of now, all ships from recruiting boxes are obtained.

shot-24.08.17_16.33.51-0635.jpg

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, o4x4 said:

Got from Junior Recruiting box as #564, as of now, all ships from recruiting boxes are obtained.

shot-24.08.17_16.33.51-0635.jpg

👍

• Like 1

Been a while since I posted, Ships No: 529, 530, and 531 joined my fleet last month, the French Destroyers Duchaffault, Le Hardi, and L'Aventurier

In addition, Ship No. 532, IJN Hakuryu Has joined my fleet, marking the end of the available IJN lines to grind (for now), Commander Shokaku the second has been awarded command

image.thumb.jpeg.3c4288628a0b0e6ce3fac794a68e9859.jpeg

• Like 4

I'm not sure if I can make this work. I'll probably just play this in Co-op, and in the updated Operations.

GV2Ja77bAAAL2ln?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

I'm not sure if I can make this work. I'll probably just play this in Co-op, and in the updated Operations.

GV2Ja77bAAAL2ln?format=jpg&name=large

Congrats on your new ship.  🙂 
It's probably more affordable to play on the Public Test Server.  But, I imagine you already know that.  🙂 

image.thumb.jpeg.8e03a12bb80a4c5608d8b3f9e58ebfc5.jpeg

Saved my silver for a spell then did some catching up. Got the Baltimore, Jervis, Harbin and Fushun, which brought me to 351.

Roon, Omono, Kitakaze (EXPENSIVE. More than>) and Ibuki are close. Another saving spell ahead.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SkullCowboy said:

image.thumb.jpeg.8e03a12bb80a4c5608d8b3f9e58ebfc5.jpeg

Saved my silver for a spell then did some catching up. Got the Baltimore, Jervis, Harbin and Fushun, which brought me to 351.

Roon, Omono, Kitakaze (EXPENSIVE. More than>) and Ibuki are close. Another saving spell ahead.

Congratulations.  🙂 

Well, I pulled the trigger on a RB ship just now. I have been sitting on 70K RB pts for over a year waiting for something I am interested in to be released (I had Ohio, Slava, Illinois, Siegfried, and Gibraltar already). Nothing of interest new has come out or been announced, and I am really bored tonight, so I said screw it and looked at the Steel and RB ships left I don't have (I have all of the Coal ships). Colbert was the only one that remotely interested me so I grabbed it. I have like 15K RB pts left so if something does come out that interests me I can do a 2X RB reset and a regular reset using FXP and get it. 

I will probably regret this as some new amazing BB will get announced tomorrow for the RB for sure now that I used most of my hoarded up points LOL. Wanted to use my 21pt Auboyneau Capt on it but that is already spec'd for torps and Colbert has none so grabbed my 21pt Republique Jean-Jacques Honore Capt as it had no Cruiser build. Time to go brrrrrr....  

Ship # 594 is now in port. I imagine it will come in handy for MBH missions and maybe even fire missions.

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

Unlocked Halland while completing the destroyer xp dockyard mission tonight. Tier X #64/Ship #489. 

I was hoping to be at 500 by the start of the Anniversary event, but I doubt I'll make that at this point. Luckily this year it won't make a difference in the number of bonus flakes I can get per battle. 

I might still make 500 by the end of the event, but if not it'll definitely happen before Christmas. That'll be a grind if we don't have Asymmetric or a repeat of the new system from next patch...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Unlocked Halland while completing the destroyer xp dockyard mission tonight. Tier X #64/Ship #489. 

I was hoping to be at 500 by the start of the Anniversary event, but I doubt I'll make that at this point. Luckily this year it won't make a difference in the number of bonus flakes I can get per battle. 

I might still make 500 by the end of the event, but if not it'll definitely happen before Christmas. That'll be a grind if we don't have Asymmetric or a repeat of the new system from next patch...

Congrat's.

I know you are a veteran player and all but FWIW here is a tip (from someone who has almost 600 ships and knows the grind pain of flake events LOL) that might help you or someone else who reads it. 

1. Play the highest tier ships you have that you do well in and/or like 1st. You will earn more BXP in them so you get more bonus flakes. With bonus flakes being based on earning 1000 BXP cumulative this year, and fewer ships needed to get more flakes, this will speed things along big time. Also, higher tier ships generally have the better individual rewards in these events so if something happens and you can't do them all getting those ships done first keeps you from missing the best stuff. 
  2. Make a list before the flake event starts of the ships you DON'T want to play and/or dislike. As you use bonus flakes for them cross them off until the list is done. This makes it much quicker and easier, with so many ships in port, to know which ones to use the bonus flakes on. Also, use them on the lowest tier ships you don't want to play first (or something like I do where I use them on all my Subs 1st as I won't play them, at all, for any reason).

You have to approach these flake events very methodically with so many ships to do. 

GL with it

salute.jpg.070269b8e9e537aca9bce7213eacb524.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Well, I pulled the trigger on a RB ship just now. I have been sitting on 70K RB pts for over a year waiting for something I am interested in to be released (I had Ohio, Slava, Illinois, Siegfried, and Gibraltar already). Nothing of interest new has come out or been announced, and I am really bored tonight, so I said screw it and looked at the Steel and RB ships left I don't have (I have all of the Coal ships). Colbert was the only one that remotely interested me so I grabbed it. I have like 15K RB pts left so if something does come out that interests me I can do a 2X RB reset and a regular reset using FXP and get it. 

I will probably regret this as some new amazing BB will get announced tomorrow for the RB for sure now that I used most of my hoarded up points LOL. Wanted to use my 21pt Auboyneau Capt on it but that is already spec'd for torps and Colbert has none so grabbed my 21pt Republique Jean-Jacques Honore Capt as it had no Cruiser build. Time to go brrrrrr....  

Ship # 594 is now in port. I imagine it will come in handy for MBH missions and maybe even fire missions.

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Congrats on the new ship, she was the first RB ship i got and i love her, Ohio and Illinois are also great, but Colbert is my favorite by far, she can be so much fun. I'm in a similar situation, i have the RB points, but since Sicilia turned out to be pretty disappointing, there isn't anything that's really tempting me left in the Research Bureau, except Druid maybe. I was hoping Brennus would come with the next update, but so far, i haven't heard anything, maybe i will get Druid, just for fun.

• Like 1

I picked up a couple of superships today since I have tons of credits and not much to spend them on until the next round of Asymmetrical battles. I bought Clausewitz and Novosibirsk. I haven't decided on Captains yet, but I have a whole slew of 10 pointers in reserves with nothing to do. This gives me ships number 354 and 355. They'll be good for the anniversary and Christmas events, otherwise they'll be port queens unless I feel like burning through a few credits. 

Novosibirsk.jpg

Clausewitz.jpg

• Like 2

08-30-2024  21:15 Hours.
I won a raffle on Zeldasauce's Twitch stream, approximately a couple of weeks ago.  
https://www.twitch.tv/zeldasauce
The prize was the German Tier-8 Cruiser, the Mainz.

Tonight, the Mainz finally arrived in my Port.
The ship was delivered by Commander Gottfried Oettinger (10 skill points).
Enclosed with the ship was one "Vacant Slot" port-slot.

800px-Mainz_wows_main.jpg 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
08-30-2024  21:25 Hours.
Finished one of the "To Theseus Through the Labyrinths of History" British themed event's cinematic story processes and was rewarded with Commander William Taylor (6 skill points, pre-assigned affinity for the Tier-8 CV, the Theseus).

d717a584-5e24-11ef-9767-b49691e6ead0.jpg

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/to-theseus-through-the-labyrinths-of-history/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Using the last few hours of my premium time, HMS Atropos of the St. Vincent class, the 3rd Royal Navy Tier X and 25th overall, has been commissioned into the Honor Guard.

image.thumb.jpeg.f5a204d3230b98aa0a719beb0df05826.jpeg

Rear Admiral Sir Steven Tucker, commanding the Battle Cruiser Force, has transferred his flag from HMS St. George to the new Atropos. The Naval Staff is sure she will acquit herself as well as her Napoleonic-era namesake.

• Like 3

So, I was just kind of messing around getting ready for 13.8 and the flake event come Wednesday (doing my list of ships I want to skip playing and use bonuses on, getting my log ready, etc...) , and it dawned on me how close I was to 600 ships (got to 594 the other day when I got Colbert - see a few posts above). I have every single tech line done to T10 and all the SuperShips (available - no Jacksonville) so there are no T5+ tech tree ships left for me to add. So I decided to see if there were any Premiums I didn't have (yes) and wanted (turns out no). I felt like this as I was looking (obviously minus the very end - can't set stop point on YouTube videos here just start it seems)...

With nothing left to add tech tree wise, and not wanting to waste real $$$ or special resources on ships I am not interested in, I grabbed 6 T1's that are free. That gets me to the 600 mark for the 7 bonus rewards with no actual cost. I can sell the T1's later when I am done with all the flakes. So 600 it is.

spacer.png 

• Like 1

Ship #219:

image.thumb.jpeg.8db25d60f94a37dab13494a3a2127815.jpeg

had 85 SC's to go for guaranteed drop

Ships #218-215:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.186f86bfee681eee1ce8e429f4b4517d.png

• Like 2

Update 13.8 is reminding me that I still have to play submarines. LOL

GWoo8uMWAAAi3PJ?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Frostbow said:

Update 13.8 is reminding me that I still have to play submarines. LOL

GWoo8uMWAAAi3PJ?format=jpg&name=large

Is  that the one with some special "deep water" submarine torps?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Is  that the one with some special "deep water" submarine torps?

I don't know since I do not play submarines, but I am inclined to say yes, because deep water torpedoes are a Pan Asian feature.

31 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

I don't know since I do not play submarines, but I am inclined to say yes, because deep water torpedoes are a Pan Asian feature.

I think you can see it in the equipment section. I just thought I heard something like that, a new "gimmick" for Subs.... dont really know how they will differ to other sub torps?! Mayne not able to strike DDs at all, which is fine by me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1