Warships Collectors Club

HogHammer

Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

Any Commonwealth Cruiser you got during Early Access (EA) qualified as a Special Premium or Premium type ship, during EA, which means any Capt could be used on it without retraining. However, it does not actually get assigned to the ship. So, if you were bouncing Captains around and/or using other Captains on the ships during EA once the update went live this AM those Captains would require reassignment to the ship to be able to use it.

The Captains that came with the ships are assigned to them. If you pick the Assign Capt option, you can look to the left for the Captain assigned to the ship and mount it no charge. If you try and use a Capt that is not assigned to the ship, even if you used it on it during EA, you have to pay to retrain.

Most of my Captains were already on the ship they were assigned to. A couple I had to get out of Reserves as I guess I had left Captains from other ships on them.

not bouncing captains around , all the ships had commanders and i had to use elite commander exps to put the commanders back onto port jackson and encounter  before i got cerberus 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

not bouncing captains around , all the ships had commanders and i had to use elite commander exps to put the commanders back onto port jackson and encounter  before i got cerberus 

Well, as I said, unless the Captains you were using came WITH the ships during EA they would require retraining to use once the line went live today.

If you put Captains on them during EA out of your reserves or from other ships (which is what I meant by bounced around) that you already had before getting the EA ships they would not get assigned to the ship when using them. EA ships are like Premiums that can use any Captain.

So, no Captain you had before getting the EA ships would be useable on them once they left EA without retraining. The Captains that came WITH the ships would not require retraining. A Captain from one EA ship would require retraining to use on another EA ship once the line went live today.

If you had to retrain a Captain that came WITH an EA ship to use it on THAT specific ship then contact CS because that is not how it is supposed to work. Any Captain I had that needed retraining was one that I had before getting that ship that I was using on it during EA. All the Captains that came with the EA ships were able to be put on at no cost.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1

yeah every time i tried to recall a captain back on those ships im asked to spend to retrain them back on 

• Sad 1

The Azur Lane 6th. Wave collaboration event with World of Warships began, today.
I purchased (using a coupon, in the Premium Shop) the "Azur Lane Shimakaze Squadron" bundle, which included two ships that I already had in my Port (AL Prinz Heinrich and AL Montpelier), thus I received doubloons compensation for those two ships.
But, the bundle also included their respectively named Commanders, which did arrive in my Port (rather than awarding compensation).
So what arrived in my Port was 
~Azur Lane Shimakaze the Destroyer (ship) and her same-name Commander AL Shimakaze (10 skill points)
~ Commanders AL P. Heinrich (10 skill points) and AL Montpelier (10 skill points).
~ three port-slots
~ three limited time missions which award extra XP for each game played with the above named ships
~ Azur Lane Shimakaze commemorative Flag
~ 12,198 doubloons of "compensation"

Interestingly, the recently arrived Commanders AL Prinz Heinrich and AL Montpelier attempted to "take over" the same-named ships while their actually assigned Captains were ashore doing some errands.  Because they looked just like the more experienced Captains, they were able to simply walk aboard and the crew didn't question the situation.  It wasn't until later that the instinctual actions of the newly arrived Commanders were discovered and their mis-assignment was rectified by placing them into the Reserve Barracks.

image_2024-05-15_121933097.thumb.png.4522116e3351f2344ab1ff1f6395587e.png 

Also of note:  The Azur Lane Shimakaze hasn't yet arrived in the Japanese Ship section of the World of Warships wiki pages, @iDuckman😉 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

We didn't even know it was coming.  If it's the same as others, it's a pretty clone.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

We didn't even know it was coming.  If it's the same as others, it's a pretty clone.

Bummer, that you weren't informed.
But, yes, it is a pretty clone.  🙂 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gaelic_knight said:

yeah every time i tried to recall a captain back on those ships im asked to spend to retrain them back on 

Again, were they the Captains that came WITH those specific ships when you got them. That is the important part of this you are not answering (not meant offensive). For example(s)...

• I had another ship's Captain on Uganda (one that originally came on Perth). So, when I opened port this morning it had no Capt on it (the Perth one went into reserves per usual in these cases). I clicked Assign Captain and in my reserves I looked on the left and found the Captain that was assigned to/came with Uganda and used it. No retraining needed. If I clicked Recall it may have tried to bring back the other Captain and that one would need retraining.
  • My Auckland had no Captain on it when I opened port this morning. As with Uganda I clicked Assign Captain and in my reserves I looked on the left. I picked a Captain assigned to another ship to use (more points on it) and had to pay to retrain it to Auckland. 

So, if you tried to put Captains on to the specific ships that they came with when you got those ships and you are being asked to retrain them you need to contact CS because that is wrong. If you are trying to put Captains on that were previously assigned to a different ship then you in fact do need to retrain them.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1

Logged in today and got the message that I got a new badge for 250 ships.  I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize I  was on the verge of getting 250 ships last night when I finished the grind to move one of my lines forward.

• Like 8

Ship No. 519 has joined my fleet this afternoon, the Spanish Cruiser Castilla

image.thumb.png.e21c3df8f6426c7a5ca20dfa73e70640.png

• Like 5

Welcomed the ship Azur Lane Agir, with Commander Azur Lane Agir (10 skill points) and a port-slot, in exchange for money and a 15% coupon in the World of Warships Premium Shop.

Azur Lane: 6th Wave

• Like 1

ship #613 AL Littorio  with the coupon on the website payed $12.85 CND for her 

shot-24.05.16_11.39.25-0144.jpg

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

ship #613 AL Littorio  with the coupon on the website payed $12.85 CND for her 

👍

I guess like many others I welcomed two ships 648 and 649 to my port today (1 st update day for EU) the discounted Littorio and Maine.

image.thumb.png.429064626d931690761c99be04bf8456.png

image.thumb.png.5cf458254b60fe29cd7ad4f1999bb1ad.png

• Like 4

Ship No. 520: KMS Agir (Azur Lane Edition)

image.thumb.png.78e812b56ea499549282d0dee5faa35a.png

As well as Ship No. 521: USS Hornet (Azur Lane Edition)

image.thumb.png.6b08d7a1677238c0a0bec50efcfe09e3.png

Have both joined my fleet.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, FltCaptAlan said:

Ship No. 520: KMS Agir (Azur Lane Edition)

image.thumb.png.78e812b56ea499549282d0dee5faa35a.png

As well as Ship No. 521: USS Hornet (Azur Lane Edition)

image.thumb.png.6b08d7a1677238c0a0bec50efcfe09e3.png

Have both joined my fleet.

Congratulations.  🙂 

• Like 2

Couldn't pass it up for that price, FOMO at it's best. If the ship isn't great, having the commander, still makes it worth getting it for me.

20240518183834_1.jpg

• Like 3

On 5/18/2024 at 11:39 AM, UnrepentantSinner said:

Couldn't pass it up for that price, FOMO at it's best. If the ship isn't great, having the commander, still makes it worth getting it for me.

20240518183834_1.jpg

Thanks folks. Wasn't expecting to buy an Italian BB today but under $10 bucks US for a T8? Sure, why not.

• Like 5

Bought T7 Uganda as #548 (dropped due to line reset).

• Like 3

I had accumulated enough Community tokens for another Tier VII premium ship container, not the ship i was hoping for to be honest, but after playing one game in Coop with her, i think she can be fun.

20240523143157_1.jpg

20240523155535_1.jpg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Finally grinded up to HMNZS Auckland, as well as finishing the grind for USS West Virginia 44 and HMAS Perth... and bought the USS Charleston for a total of 222 ships 😄

Edited by MashedPotatoSalad
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

So with some grinding and the AL Littorio I've jumped to 337. For TT ships: Commonwealth up to the Delhi (Hobart won't take long), finally made it to N Carolina (Colorado is a soul crushing slog), the Surrey and the Amalfi.

I am creeping close to the Amagi, Ibuki, Kitakaze, Baltimore, Lyon and Algerie but then credits becomes the deciding factor. I made an insane amount back when they made expendable camos useless but I set a spending floor so budgeting is a thing.

• Like 3

Since the time to use the coupon was almost up, there wasn't anything for coal that really tempted me and because i really wanted that ship for some time now, i got myself the Mecklenburg.

20240525230934_1.jpg

20240525231245_1.jpg

• Like 5