Warships Collectors Club

HogHammer

As @Viridem found, I also bought the Somme containers for coal and welcomed ship 505.  Great use of coal...

Might do the Age of  Sa Zhenbing collection for coal if the regular containers drop from the current 6000 coal cost (each)... or if I accumulate another 100k or so coal eventually.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

if the regular containers drop from the current 6000 coal cost (each)... 

I wouldn't expect them to, but based on the Resolute and Rapid containers (and the Somme crates too), they should be lowered.

The Resolute and Rapid crates at 6k each equates to most players completing the collection (assuming they start from no items) for about 175k coal, the same price as the other legendary commanders. (And many players should actually complete it under that 175k budget, potentially by quite a bit.)

The Somme containers at 3k each should result in a total completion cost of 228k coal. Exactly the same as any other t9 without the coupon.

The Sa Zhenbing collection should be completed from 35-37 crates, and it’s guaranteed at 38. Which comes out to 210-222k coal (or 228k in the worst case), or 35-47k over the “normal” coal price. They’d have to come down to 5k a crate to match the 175k coal price at 35 crates (the first time you have a >90% chance of completing it). 

Of course, since they’ve already released, I doubt WG will consider changing the price…

• Like 1

7 hours ago, o4x4 said:

image.png.f84774bc14a81d0710a629a7f945a80d.png

Congrats 🙂 

Ship #326. Picked up Chikuma II this morning with my wishing whatevers. Yay? At least it was this one and not the gold abomination.chikuma.thumb.jpg.3f033fc42e74653b0348f6bffd900d7f.jpg

• Like 6

Congrats! I have both the regular and gold. #644, 645 got them last Thursday after hand surgery so the only thing i could do was play the slot machine. I am very good at bombing my own team members by accident, 2 so far, because i haven't figured out how to operate the planes yet.

• Like 2

A few days ago, from the first of the two daily gift super-containers dropped the Yukon. Since I am keen on collecting any ship associated with the RCN, I was quite pleased with this, the 157th addition to my fleet.

WorldOfWarships_ScreenCaptures_ContainerGifts_BB_Yukon_20240424_1702px.thumb.jpg.0a21f4fd68ad6cf6717b7384f39ede8c.jpg

The following day, I completed the British DD tech tree line via grinding the Jutland through many an Asymmetric Battle and unlocked the Daring, my third Tier X destroyer and 158th ship in my port. I will probably also mention this part in the daily achievements thread, but this also marked the fifth tech tree that I have completed to Tier X, unlocking the ability to reset progress. I certainly enjoyed the 10K research points.

WorldOfWarships_ScreenCapturesOfShips_DD_Daring_20240425_2426px.thumb.jpg.a52925e97a4aff4d39153addb842b8d9.jpg

Soon I will try this DD out on the Tier X brawls that are going on right now.

-best

Edited by RedLimitFreeway
  • Like 3

Unlocked Tier X #61 tonight after a week or so of Asymmetric grinding, and one of my two “in progress” grinds that I didn’t actually expect to finish this soon.

923B12F5-AEA1-480E-99CB-F2F7BC9D2939.thumb.png.cfdc75723963cfa6850d5d4733e5bffd.png

And it only took me about 3 years to grind from when I got the Tier VII in early access…

Now I really don’t have an excuse to not eventually finish grinding to Vermont. But first a Louisiana, probably.

• Like 6

#327. Succumbed to temptation and bought a few of the Rhine containers, got lucky. 

Wiesbaden.thumb.jpg.15d4bdcd7a7f74b46f8de02d3357cd60.jpg

Edited by SkullCowboy
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, SkullCowboy said:

Succumbed to temptation and bought a few of the Rhine containers, got lucky. 

What great luck! I have to admit that I am a little jealous–I want both the Chikuma II and the Wiesbaden, and have poured significant resources into both without success. I watched my daughter get the latter after the first few containers as have many it appears. I have opened enough without success such that I can now outfit my entire German fleet with the permanent black, white and red camouflage!

-best

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, RedLimitFreeway said:

What great luck! I have to admit that I am a little jealous–I want both the Chikuma II and the Wiesbaden, and have poured significant resources into both without success. I watched my daughter get the latter after the first few containers as have many it appears. I have opened enough without success such that I can now outfit my entire German fleet with the permanent black, white and red camouflage!

-best

Yea, that's part of the reason I didn't buy a large amount of those crates up front. Making the camos have the highest drop chance wasn't attractive to me. As for the luck, I figure I've used up my WoWS quota for the year. Getting the two ships early in the draw isn't the norm for me. 

• Thanks 1

The Japanese Battleship Adatara was added to the fleet tonight after a long slog on the Yumihari.  Ship number 506 in the fleet.  🙂 

Seasoned Commander Raizo Suzuki will continue to level there.

• Like 4

On 4/26/2024 at 10:14 PM, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Unlocked Tier X #61 tonight after a week or so of Asymmetric grinding, and one of my two “in progress” grinds that I didn’t actually expect to finish this soon.

923B12F5-AEA1-480E-99CB-F2F7BC9D2939.thumb.png.cfdc75723963cfa6850d5d4733e5bffd.png

And it only took me about 3 years to grind from when I got the Tier VII in early access…

Now I really don’t have an excuse to not eventually finish grinding to Vermont. But first a Louisiana, probably.

build is seconderies and put heavy AP shells on the comander skills you will see she is a pretty good brawler  no need to sit at the back 

• Like 3

#328. So, been gone for awhile and wasn't aware of this one, found her browsing containers. Had some coal, Somme cost me 180K. I'm not that far down the UK DD line, good ship?

somme.thumb.jpg.54c27049770526a17ca57c5e864208da.jpg

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, SkullCowboy said:

#328. So, been gone for awhile and wasn't aware of this one, found her browsing containers. Had some coal, Somme cost me 180K. I'm not that far down the UK DD line, good ship?

somme.thumb.jpg.54c27049770526a17ca57c5e864208da.jpg

congrats 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I have welcomed the Italian Tier-11/Supership, the Piemonte, to my Port.

800px-Piemonte_wows_main.jpg 

Captain selection and hull-module installation to begin soon.  🙂 

Edit:  Commander Sairus Guerrero (10 skill points) transferred from the Reserve Barracks and assigned as Captain of the Piemonte.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 3

ship #612

CERBERUS  

but not happy WG removed all the other commonwealth commanders from my ships and making me pay to put them back on 

shot-24.05.15_07.39.44-0549.jpg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

but not happy WG removed all the other commonwealth commanders from my ships and making me pay to put them back on 

That is dismaying news.  I'll have to check my Port to see if it happened to me, too.

Edited to add:  So, I just checked my Port.
All of my Commonwealth premium ships have their previously assigned Commanders still assigned, even if they aren't premium Commanders.
All of the (now) tech-tree Commonwealth ships have the tech-tree Commanders (that either arrived with the ship in question or were recruited & assigned to the ship) still assigned as Captains.

I wonder what happened with yours, @Gaelic_knight ?

Side-note:  I updated/patched my WOWs installation, this morning.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

image.jpeg.17d9a64f8da0e231228532f22055a386.jpeg

New patch new ships, along with Sutlej, 550 ships in port.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

3 new ships bringing me to 575

US T10 Special Premium BB Wisconsin:

spacer.png

US SuperShip BB Maine:

spacer.png

T10 Commonwealth CA Cerberus:

spacer.png

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

That is dismaying news.  I'll have to check my Port to see if it happened to me, too.

All of my Commonwealth premium ships have their previously assigned Commanders still assigned, even if they aren't premium Commanders.
All of the (now) tech-tree Commonwealth ships have the tech-tree Commanders (that either arrived with the ship in question or were recruited & assigned to the ship) still assigned as Captains.

ive no idea wolf . the T1 was put in my port with a 0 point commander and only hobart wasnt effected from the new techtree line . i first noticed it when i had to put my commander back on Encounter 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

ive no idea wolf . the T1 was put in my port with a 0 point commander and only hobart wasnt effected from the new techtree line . i first noticed it when i had to put my commander back on Encounter 

The tier I explains the extra ship I was trying to account for between yesterday and today. Thank you. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

incuding Encounter this was what it looked like when i logged in . the commanders gone  apart from hobart the rest had the commanders removed 

shot-24.05.15_09.47.52-0344.jpg

i put the port jackson and encounter commanders back on 

Edited by Gaelic_knight
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

Any Commonwealth Cruiser you got during Early Access (EA) qualified as a Special Premium or Premium type ship, during EA, which means any Capt could be used on it without retraining. However, it does not actually get assigned to the ship. So, if you were bouncing Captains around and/or using other Captains on the ships during EA once the update went live this AM those Captains would require reassignment to the ship to be able to use it.

The Captains that came with the ships are assigned to them. If you pick the Assign Capt option, you can look to the left for the Captain assigned to the ship and mount it no charge. If you try and use a Capt that is not assigned to the ship, even if you used it on it during EA, you have to pay to retrain.

Most of my Captains were already on the ship they were assigned to. A couple I had to get out of Reserves as I guess I had left Captains from other ships on them.

• Like 1