ship #603 HMS UGANDA (HMCS QUEBEC )

shot-24.03.15_15.25.34-0961.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

ship #603 HMS UGANDA (HMCS QUEBEC )

shot-24.03.15_15.25.34-0961.jpg

👍

• Like 1

Oh boy, I am very close to welcoming USS Black to my port of horrors. I welcomed the blueprints for a boost to radar in anticipation of the arrival. Methinks it will be a couple more weeks of effort. 

9 minutes ago, thornzero said:

Oh boy, I am very close to welcoming USS Black to my port of horrors. I welcomed the blueprints for a boost to radar in anticipation of the arrival. Methinks it will be a couple more weeks of effort. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Ships No. 513 through No. 515 have joined my fleet

Topped off with HMAS Hobart

image.png?ex=6608c403&is=65f64f03&hm=38d23bb7b088fd5ea98f7a9731dabdd4f556eaf8b933bbf80178d30ea9917aa2&

• Like 2

USS Black was delivered early this past Friday due to a random SC with some much needed resources to finish the purchase - I had expected to be ready to-day this Sunday. My Fletcher 21 pointer was re-spec'd and will command USS Black to victory. 

The First Lieutenant and the Bo'sun Chief were not impressed with the selection and approval of the PI day camouflage.

'You want to do what to the ship, sir?'

[Shakedown cruise to begin with Tier IX brawls coming soon.]

black.jpg

Edited by thornzero
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, thornzero said:

USS Black was delivered early this past Friday due to a random SC with some much needed resources to finish the purchase - I had expected to be ready to-day this Sunday. My Fletcher 21 pointer was re-spec'd and will command USS Black to victory. 

The First Lieutenant and the Bo'sun Chief were not impressed with the selection and approval of the PI day camouflage.

'You want to do what to the ship, sir?'

[Shakedown cruise to begin with Tier IX brawls coming soon.]

black.jpg

GZ! Looks a bit... sooty. No shore passes until you can say 'a clean ship is a happy ship'.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

GZ! Looks a bit... sooty. No shore passes until you can say 'a clean ship is a happy ship'.

With regards to paint, the Bo'suns on my DD used to say, Once over dust; Twice over rust.

They also used to say, if you can't tie a knot - tie alot.

• Like 1

03-24-2024  14:50 Hours.
Upon completion of an in-game mission, I welcomed the VIII Mainz Doubloons, for a "3 day rental" period of time.
The Mainz arrived with Commander Konrad Giersch (zero skill points) as her Captain.

800px-Mainz_wows_main.jpg

• Like 5

The Mainz is a really nice ship in Ops. She's usually at the top of results table, and hugely useful is training up TT captains.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Thanks

Sweet of you - I know you knew that already, it was there for the benefit of the young'uns. 🙂

2 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

The Mainz is a really nice ship in Ops. She's usually at the top of results table, and hugely useful is training up TT captains.

54 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Thanks @I_cant_Swim_  🙂 

9 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Sweet of you - I know you knew that already, it was there for the benefit of the young'uns. 🙂

Mostly, I was responding (with a post) because I'm temporarily out of emoji reactions for this 24-hour period.  🙂 

As for the Mainz, I've sailed her in a few games, today, one random and a couple of Co-op.
So far, she's interesting.  And I can see her resemblance to the Hipper in terms of sea-manners & maneuvering.
Currently I've assigned my most senior Commander A.L. Hipper as the Mainz's Captain.
My evaluations may not be strictly scientific, but I'm enjoying learning a new ship.  🙂 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Mostly, I was responding (with a post) because I'm temporarily out of emoji reactions for this 24-hour period.  🙂 

As for the Mainz, I've sailed her in a few games, today, one random and a couple of Co-op.
So far, she's interesting.  And I can see her resemblance to the Hipper in terms of sea-manners & maneuvering.
Currently I've assigned my most senior Commander A.L. Hipper as the Mainz's Captain.
My evaluations may not be strictly scientific, but I'm enjoying learning a new ship.  🙂 

I've never looked up the details. This is, in effect, the German version of the Tallinn. It seems different from Hipper, Prinz Eugen and the Tallinn. The guns are not the 203's in twin turrets, but 150 mm's in triple turrets, so that's probably a major difference there. The Tallinn, then again, is also different with 180 mm guns in triple turrets.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Mainz

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Tallinn

A review: (says Mainz is a good ship.)

https://www.wowsbuilds.com/review/kms-mainz

Ship No. 515, HMS Uganda

image.thumb.png.096ffe395d4695fdebc46d67d296e322.png

and Ship No. 516, HMNZS Auckland have both joined my fleet

image.thumb.png.ce0214fe65267d9738e3f20803a48346.png

• Like 4

Ship 386 & 1st Tier VII crate earned from PTS.  Glad to have her out of Santa crate possibilities.

shot-24.03.29_22.04.58-0863.jpg

• Like 4

On 3/25/2024 at 3:57 PM, FltCaptAlan said:

Ship No. 515, HMS Uganda

image.thumb.png.096ffe395d4695fdebc46d67d296e322.png

and Ship No. 516, HMNZS Auckland have both joined my fleet

image.thumb.png.ce0214fe65267d9738e3f20803a48346.png

yes i do like the camo on this ship but i have it on UGANDA and the black AUKLAND camo on this one ship #604

shot-24.03.30_09.17.39-0888.jpg

Edited by Gaelic_knight
  • Like 3

T9 ENCOUNTER ship #605

sea trial in co-op

shot-24.03.30_20.04.27-0003.jpg

shot-24.03.30_20.04.34-0787.jpg

Edited by Gaelic_knight
  • Like 2

447px-%D0%9C%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%BE%D1%8F%D0%

a ship i earned in a recycled legend event

• Like 4

Ship No. 517, HMS Goliath has joined my fleet

image.thumb.png.a6e05d217fdcb1e4a4e1c2b0daf86244.png

• Like 4

Since my last post where I got Kitakami (and the other 3 ships) bringing me to 559 ships I had added 16 more.

1. Independence
  2. Yorktown
  3. Essex
  4. Rhode Island
  5. Port Jackson (will sell when I can)
  6. Caradoc (will sell when I can)
  7. Dunedin (will sell when I can)
  8. Delhi
  9. Hobart
  10. Uganda
  11. Auckland
  12. Encounter
  13. Michelangelo
  14. ?? (*)
  15. ?? (*)
  16. ?? (*)

(*) = LOL I can't even remember everything I get these days. 

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1