Warships Collectors Club

HogHammer

Accumulated enough Community Tokens for a Tier VII Container and got this:

20240216175023_1.jpg

Not what i was hoping for, but it could have been worse, i have a 21pts Commander, but no idea what skills i should choose, can someone give me some advice?

Edited by UnrepentantSinner
  • Like 4

On 1/26/2024 at 11:09 AM, Titus_Pullo_13 said:

I got a Odin in a santa crate

well that is fortunate because dockyard ships arent usually avaliable in any kind of crate 

On 2/16/2024 at 6:59 PM, UnrepentantSinner said:

Accumulated enough Community Tokens for a Tier VII Container and got this:

20240216175023_1.jpg

Not what i was hoping for, but it could have been worse, i have a 21pts Commander, but no idea what skills i should choose, can someone give me some advice?

Well, for starters, there's  LWM's Yukon review, but I can't say if there's been major changes since then or not and the skill picks would still be the same.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As part of completing the Java Sea event misions, I received a container.
When I opened the container, the VII Jupiter '42, was revealed as the contents.
The Jupiter '42 was delivered by Commander Graham Altwood (10 skill points, and having an affinity for the Jupiter '42).
He's likely to remain as Captain, for now.

spacer.png 

• Like 3

Adriatico was acquired on the 18th, Lepanto was (finally, after more than a year of Veneto grind shelving and unshelving and reshelving) unlocked on the 21st, and Castilla arrived this evening after a couple rounds of airship. 

Lepanto will now take Veneto’s place on the grind shelf (right next to Kansas), where it will probably sit for a while.

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, FltCaptAlan said:

Over on my Alt Account, I pulled this out of my monthly SC

The Warspite - Still one of my favorite BBs in the game.  Nice haul.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, HogHammer said:

The Warspite - Still one of my favorite BBs in the game.  Nice haul.

The Grand Old Lady does not disappoint.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Amaruk said:

The Grand Old Lady does not disappoint.

And for the price of logging on every day this month on my 2nd account, it's hard to be disappointed. 

• Like 1

Finally got to 500 ships and the Grandmaster Collector title and badge.  It was the 500th port slot from the Lunar New Year thingie that did it...  I only keep >= T5 and premiums in port, so just padded with T1s to finish the job! 

I was reworking the Harugumo line and got Akizuki as the 500th when I saw that I could get there. 

Whew...

• Like 6

I still can't believe it, i finally got a ship out of a premium container and it's even one i was interested in: 

20240228200404_1.jpg

I will have to decide how to spec the commander, but i'm super happy right now. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by UnrepentantSinner
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

I still can't believe it, i finally got a ship out of a premium container and it's even one i was interested in: 

20240228200404_1.jpg

I will have to decide how to spec the commander, but i'm super happy right now. :classic_biggrin:

congrats commander  Bajie is a good ship , i personaly think its better  than the original izumo 

• Like 2

Opened 10 "Journey to the West" containers.
Results as follows.
Tier-9 Pan-Asian Battleship, the Bajie Doubloons
Tier-9 Pan-Asian Battleship, the Wujing Doubloons
16 days of Premium Account time
1,250 doubloons
25,000 coal
32,000 FreeXP
99,000 CommanderXP
15 Blue economic boosters for ShipXP (800%)

800px-Bajie_wows_main.jpg 

800px-Wujing_wows_main.jpg 

• Like 5

From my 10 BP containers, I also received a shiny new Bajie

• Like 4

In other news, I clicked on a WOWs news article (in-game) and clicked on "participate" to rent the VIII Hornet Doubloons (in-game).

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/community/sea-trials-2024/

Sea Trials: Hornet
Welcome to the Sea Trials, Captains! To celebrate the fact that we’re sponsoring CarrierCon 2024 aboard legendary aircraft carrier USS Hornet, we're offering you the chance to test out the ship for free! You can add VIII HORNET and a 10-skill-point Commander to your Port for up to three days or five battles, whichever comes first.

So, I've played 5 games and have enjoyed sailing the Hornet.
As CV's go, she's not bad.  The plane loadout is interesting.

I don't have the doubloons to spare, at the moment.  But, someday she'd make a fine addition to my Fleet.  🙂 

800px-Hornet_wows_main.jpg 

Looks like the rental period expired after 5 games.  Was nice while it lasted.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I don't have the doubloons to spare, at the moment.  But, someday she'd make a fine addition to my Fleet.  🙂 

I was awarded a Hornet my very first twitch mystery drop. You might not have to buy it. I would trade it if it were possible.

• Like 3

Welcomed Bungo to port just now, 597th ship in port.

• Like 3

Barely finished the Journey to the West thing on the free line and got the Wujing and Sanzang to finish that set of ships.

Wujing looks like a tier 9 Bourgogne with different secondaries and very slow main guns.... could be fun though.

As others have reported, those are very generous containers this round... got 16 days premium, some blue econ flags, coal and doubloons plus the 2 ships out of 10 free containers.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 9:19 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

In other news, I clicked on a WOWs news article (in-game) and clicked on "participate" to rent the VIII Hornet Doubloons (in-game).

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/community/sea-trials-2024/

So, I've played 5 games and have enjoyed sailing the Hornet.
As CV's go, she's not bad.  The plane loadout is interesting.

800px-Hornet_wows_main.jpg 

Looks like the rental period expired after 5 games.  Was nice while it lasted.

I don't recall when or why I got her, but she's a good carrier for me due to the decent secondaries!  Not as accurate as the Graf Zepplin, but the only shot at a cap running secondary meme American carrier in co-op.  😄 

• Like 1

New patch new ships: #541 Yorktown and #542 Port Jackson.

• Like 2

To quote @o4x4 "New patch, new ship"

Ship No. 512, USS Essex Joined my fleet, recompleting my collection of T10 USN tech tree ships

image.png?ex=66045ffa&is=65f1eafa&hm=b95d2a52f6ef37b4f188f32edd2bb63bcc2ddfd186c3c81b49a5b4f926e74a10&=

• Like 1

and with the arrival of the Commonwealth Cruiser line I bust the 600 mark.

1fd812c796399e5c63196f08fb9b9db1.png

Hobart makes it 602, thanks to the one container I bought having the 400 tokens in it.

• Like 2