Warships Collectors Club

HogHammer

Bringing an old tradition over to a new home here in our "General Discussion". 

Forum members proudly display their newest ships and share just how many ships are in their port.  

• Thanks 3

Well, it appears that my latest is Brisbane, that I nabbed yesterday:

image.thumb.png.8344b2e2311d731b2ef24b9c5263154f.png

Slightly against my better judgement, I currently have the recommended torp build going on (I guess I have Mino for dakka); not sure how long that'll last though...

According to my port, that puts me at 550 ships (unfortunately, including a few 🗯️ submarines)!

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

Bringing an old tradition over to a new home here in our "General Discussion". 

Forum members proudly display their newest ships and share just how many ships are in their port.  

Is it just me, or do we have more than one of this type of topic?  

23 minutes ago, Efros said:

👍

14 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Well, it appears that my latest is Brisbane, that I nabbed yesterday:

image.thumb.png.8344b2e2311d731b2ef24b9c5263154f.png

Slightly against my better judgement, I currently have the recommended torp build going on (I guess I have Mino for dakka); not sure how long that'll last though...

According to my port, that puts me at 550 ships (unfortunately, including a few 🗯️ submarines)!

👍

1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I picked the pinned one at the top of 'general' - was that not the right thread?

11 minutes ago, Verblonde said:
13 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I picked the pinned one at the top of 'general' - was that not the right thread?

I'm wondering if what's going on is the categorization and re-organization of the forum (which does need to be done, as a part of the forum's processes).
And so I may have seen more than one topic like this during the past several days and the "processes" have been at work to change things?

43 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm wondering if what's going on is the categorization and re-organization of the forum (which does need to be done, as a part of the forum's processes).
And so I may have seen more than one topic like this during the past several days and the "processes" have been at work to change things?

Yes, very much so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just ditched 20 T1-T4 ships in a port clearing effort and you do this LOL. That leaves me with 518 as my current ship count.

I have every line in game done to T10 except for British Subs and Spanish Cruisers. I also have 12 SuperShips currently. Was all set to get Devastation when it came out this update (could have sworn WG said 12.7) but now it is not until 12.8 so have to wait. No question I will get Maine when it comes out. Doubt I will ever have them all due to the $$$ but will always get the ones that interest me.

As far as my incomplete tech tree lines. I have the T6 British Sub from the early access event. I do not play Subs at all (never; not even once in any mode or event) but most likely I will FXP T8 and T10 during the anniversary to keep my all lines to T10 thing going and especially for the rewards (hopefully we get the bonus flake system again or I won't be able to claim their flake reward). Have the T8 Spanish Cruiser from early access with enough XP on it for the T9 when it drops. Will definitely get the T9 and T10.

My newest ships are Brisbane (I opted for the 19pt Matilda Kelly Capt during the event and to wait for Brisbane being sold for Coal) and the new ITL T10 BB Ruggiero Di Lauria.

4.jpg.e26f4acbf2717df34d8a4e7e9ac25b87.jpg 

5.thumb.jpg.6bd1f6de7b6260c050b07c124bc0f69d.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.bbded159fb6a92b75b9d92ec23dfae1d.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.4f2b24c40b8204d6f0c603d999ed9004.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.cc9ba07f8f87939b9c888feaafedac9f.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1

image.png.0489eb06a81e34e0c445ac12c12058f5.png

Sitting at 555.  There a a few steel ships I don't have and some of the higher tier TT BBs, CVs, SSs.  Once I get FXP high enough, I usually pick one up just to work on the collection.  

image.thumb.png.572989e775780bf1bc326a4e529b7f0a.png

• Like 1

Ship Number 482, 

image.thumb.png.6f9c60ebd1739ef2c8c01ae1d4e4a24f.png

I would really like T9-10 Assym back or T9-10 ops, something worthwhile for PvE players

Edited by FltCaptAlan
  • Like 1

I have welcomed the Delaware to my Port.
Captain selection, equipment installation and sea-trials to begin soon.

image_2023-08-19_233944281.thumb.png.f6ee6932f476582ad75890f8b1a2ea38.png

This brings the ship-count in my port to 385 (including 2 rentals).

• Like 3

xNSIU7Y.jpg

Does this count? Does it count for more if I told you I was one of the idiots giga chads that got this baby for free several years ago? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, That WoT Player said:

Does this count? Does it count for more if I told you I was one of the idiots giga chads that got this baby for free several years ago? 

How about calling you "extremely devoted"

Traded Khabarovsk a ship i barely use over this beauty a couple of days ago

WorldofWarships20-08-202317_56_41.thumb.png.7dba48c2bf33c402acf838debf91a794.png

I always wanted Tirpitz but I've never had the chance to buy her. 

Currently sitting at 485 ship.

Edited by Sidelock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, That WoT Player said:

Does it count for more if I told you I was one of the idiots giga chads that got this baby for free several years ago? 

One of the things I miss from the old forums is that little saluting sailor guy, because that's the icon I'd want to put here. Or maybe Captain Bad Advice doing goggle eyes and then fainting!

I take my hat off to the people who had both the time and the fortitude to do that. I could have got her for 15K dubs the first time if I'd tried just a little harder, but as things go it's probably better that I didn't! I got her for 12.5K the second time around and that's cheaper than some Tier 8 premiums. 

14 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

One of the things I miss from the old forums is that little saluting sailor guy, because that's the icon I'd want to put here. Or maybe Captain Bad Advice doing goggle eyes and then fainting!

I take my hat off to the people who had both the time and the fortitude to do that. I could have got her for 15K dubs the first time if I'd tried just a little harder, but as things go it's probably better that I didn't! I got her for 12.5K the second time around and that's cheaper than some Tier 8 premiums. 

There is a "sign of the horns" emoji, which is something I always think of when viewing cool things 🤘

But yeah, I don't really take pride in getting her. Now that I'm (slightly) older and wiser, I look back on that as a waste, especially when I look at my Kearsarge with even more ship XP despite having owned her for a shorter time (and a much easier grind to get her). Then again, Kearsarge is a beast; could've made her tier 10 and I wouldn't feel under powered at all 😄

4 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

46721D76-957C-425A-9701-8D106F1B2173.gif

• Like 3

Just finished the Somme missions. Taking a weekend off made that harder than normal. Should be ship # 621 in port.

Grinding Fox Tv GIF by The Grinder

Edited by Paradat

Completed the "Battle of the Somme" missions and earned 55 of the 60 "puzzle pieces" needed for the Battle of the Somme collection puzzle.
I purchased premium container bundles in the Armory (2 containers in a bundle for a cost of 1,000 doubloons per pundle, for a total cost of 4,000 doubloons) to gain the remaining pieces to complete the puzzle.
Upon completion of the puzzle, I was rewarded with the British Tier-9 Destroyer, the Somme.  
The ship was delivered by Commander Christopher Paul (10 skill points).

shot-23_08.22_21_41.45-0472.thumb.jpg.e5d5cff27199b23f16f36f2d9fccc336.jpg

shot-23_08.22_21_47.23-0824.thumb.jpg.1529cb4347a1e04f58405ae194602daa.jpg

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

Won a T8 premium container from raffle on Steam, so my collection just grew with Brandenburg.

20230823155439_1.thumb.jpg.f21c3a5ec483dd891eb43df1ecdd00fa.jpg

• Like 5