WoWS Forum 2 Christening~!

Chobittsu

With hearts filled with glee for a bright future, I hereby bless this forum that it might carry our hopes beyond our former home into a glorious future~!
*clonk*

shipchristening.jpg

• Like 5

I hadn’t been as active on the old forum in recent years, but have started playing again and happy to be here!

20 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

We all missed the forum. Discord just can't replace it.

It's good to have a new one.

11 minutes ago, VannKraken said:

I hadn’t been as active on the old forum in recent years, but have started playing again and happy to be here!

57 minutes ago, OldPappy said:

Great! I missed the forum!!

Happy it's back!!

1 hour ago, Montrala said:

Permission to came aboard!

Glad to see you all here!!! 
Spread the word and let's get the party going!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rhamses05 said:

🫡

1 minute ago, ZaCLoNe said:

This is neat, hope it gains more traction to restore the community. 

Welcome, you guys!

1 hour ago, ZaCLoNe said:

This is neat, hope it gains more traction to restore the community. 

Yeah, but as long as WoWs retains Skaruuhm and Dumpum as their PR firm, it’ll be some stiff paddling upstream to keep it restored.

BTW, glad to be here, and thank you to those who have pulled it together.

22 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

With hearts filled with glee for a bright future, I hereby bless this forum that it might carry our hopes beyond our former home into a glorious future~!
*clonk*

shipchristening.jpg

Cheers GIF - Cheers GIFs

I also hope for a bright future for this new forum. I learned the game from the wealth of information on the old forum and youtube videos. I hope this forum will eventually become a valuable resource for new and old WOWS players.

41 minutes ago, BigHeadShrimp said:

I also hope for a bright future for this new forum. I learned the game from the wealth of information on the old forum and youtube videos. I hope this forum will eventually become a valuable resource for new and old WOWS players.

For those of us who are still around and know about it, for sure. I found this forum because @ZaCLoNe posted it on Discord. Following a little dramatic episode there, I reposted it on Discord under 'off-topic'. I've also posted the information on 2 other EU affiliated Discord servers there. I haven't posted it on Reddit because I'm not overly familiar with it. Obviously we'd like as many people as possible to know about this forum. I assume it's going to start getting indexed by seach engines, right? We should propably remember to make references to WoWS in our game related posts so that the search engines pick them up.

• Thanks 1

Has anyone passed the word on the WoWS Discord yet? I imagine there are plenty of people there that would prefer the old forum style but just feel trapped because there are no good options until now. 

10 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Has anyone passed the word on the WoWS Discord yet? I imagine there are plenty of people there that would prefer the old forum style but just feel trapped because there are no good options until now. 

Yes. Some have noticed it, don't know how many. Also, as for the WoWS Discord, not everybody moved there. I'm there because I've been using Discord for years, but I don't think I would have done it if I felt that I had to do it because WG shut down the proper forums.

It has been mentioned on Reddit as well, I will spread the word to guys I have in my contact list in game. 

15 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

For those of us who are still around and know about it, for sure. I found this forum because @ZaCLoNe posted it on Discord. Following a little dramatic episode there, I reposted it on Discord under 'off-topic'. I've also posted the information on 2 other EU affiliated Discord servers there. I haven't posted it on Reddit because I'm not overly familiar with it. Obviously we'd like as many people as possible to know about this forum. I assume it's going to start getting indexed by seach engines, right? We should propably remember to make references to WoWS in our game related posts so that the search engines pick them up.

There are at least two reddit topics about this forum.  👍

8 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

There are at least two reddit topics about this forum.  👍

Is there any call for articles and guides on Reddit? Sorry for asking, I'm actually on Reddit myself but I'm unaccustomed to using it, even more so than with Discord.

4 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Is there any call for articles and guides on Reddit? Sorry for asking, I'm actually on Reddit myself but I'm unaccustomed to using it, even more so than with Discord.

The problem is that reddit is more of a daily newsfeed than an actual forum.
Topics can be in a given reddit category, and then can be upvoted/downvoted from there.  
And what's "new" or "hot" or "best" changes according to the votes.

I'm still learning my way around on reddit, too.  I've only been there for a few weeks, as of this moment.

But the structure and searchable reference aspects are better in an actual forum, like this one.

There are times when answering a reddit question in a given topic becomes easier if one can link or copy/paste from an existing source, either on the internet or one's own library.
And the questions in various topics often get repeated, over time.  (New people show-up or long-time reddit-ers repeat their viewpoints or whatever.)
And the "rants" from some reddit users in the World of Warships category are similarly repetitive, in my experience (and remember, I've only been there a few weeks).

On reddit I've signed-up to follow a handful of my interests in World of Warships, sewing, anime and writing.
It's been nice for me to explore what reddit has to offer.

But, on the whole, I prefer a proper forum.  🙂

• Like 1