Updated 8th Anniversary Rewards

Frostbow

6 hours ago, MBT808 said:

I honestly can't say that I've seen any real buzz around a particular ship lately.

You're not alone.

Seems to me WG arbitrarily chose a premium ship to go with their totally tone deaf rework of the Anniversary Rewards.

2 hours ago, Frostbow said:

... WG arbitrarily chose a premium ship ...

Tin foil hat time.

What if it's not arbitrary? Maybe there are statistics that tell them 'Give away Bayard, and discount these specific others'.

Does anyone else find the list of ships... odd? Why can't I chose Tirpitz or Alabama or Indomitable? Or an even technically less valuable ship like Atlanta at T7?

Maybe they are crediting and/or discounting ones that generally are either done selling, or just sell less, thus being a lesser net loss for being a reward than others. Which would fall in line with the general attitude of trying to save money on this event.

You may now remove your tin foil hats.

20 minutes ago, SolitudeFreak said:

Tin foil hat time.

What if it's not arbitrary? Maybe there are statistics that tell them 'Give away Bayard, and discount these specific others'.

Does anyone else find the list of ships... odd? Why can't I chose Tirpitz or Alabama or Indomitable? Or an even technically less valuable ship like Atlanta at T7?

Maybe they are crediting and/or discounting ones that generally are either done selling, or just sell less, thus being a lesser net loss for being a reward than others. Which would fall in line with the general attitude of trying to save money on this event.

Edited by Frostbow
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, SolitudeFreak said:

Tin foil hat time.

This isn’t tin-foil-hat-worthy at all, and is almost certainly the rationale behind the limited list of ships eligible for the 50% discount (and 100% discount if Bayard is already in your port). That’s just good business.

• Like 1