Updated 8th Anniversary Rewards

Frostbow

17 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

This rather supports the theory that - contrary to their protestations - WG killed off the original forum as a way of silencing dissension.

I'm still a little bemused at the approach they're taking; surely it would be easier to try and fix the problems with the game, and communicate more honestly/transparently, than playing whack-a-mole banning/censoring anyone who puts forward a view that differs from the official line?

WG only hope that they can have absolute control over the game and related public opinion. So they got slammed by Asian players who found the problem(I don't really think they made these moves out of meanness, it's WG's meanness that caused them to do it) thx hoghammer

Edited by Kawaii_shirasu_azusa
Chinese characters deleted from quote

They are now leading the wave of discrimination and disharmonious discussions, thanks to WG
They hardly censor anyone who speaks up for them Even if what they say contains facts against them(I did and it sure wasn't censored and banned by them)

Edited by Kawaii_shirasu_azusa

2 hours ago, Verblonde said:

This rather supports the theory that - contrary to their protestations - WG killed off the original forum as a way of silencing dissension.

I'm still a little bemused at the approach they're taking; surely it would be easier to try and fix the problems with the game, and communicate more honestly/transparently, than playing whack-a-mole banning/censoring anyone who puts forward a view that differs from the official line?

You'd think that the approach makes no sense, but we have no proof WG has a healthy internal processing system.

At the end of the day WoWS is a product of a Russian dev team working for a Belarussian company. That's a huge cultural difference from western companies. Let me be frank, as someone who has worked with Russian companies, if WG is even an ounce like that, we might as well be talking with a wall.

Russian companies are strictly hierarchical, if the boss says it is so, it is so even if it kills a project. The companies are slow and ponderous, with layers of bureaucracy. The issue is, as long as the people at the top don't change, the game will careen down introducing bad mechanics and broken ship types. Because the boss said so.

This is compounded by the famous 2017 declaration by Victor Kislyi that he won't monitor WoWS development anymore. Next thing we got was a broken CV rework and subs, because the bosses at Lesta decided to do so. And with no tangible proof that the dev team moved, we have to accept that most likely Lesta is still calling the shots, when it comes to the direction of the game.

Add to that the general attitude in gaming, where companies see the players as entitled garbage, and you have a recipe for disaster.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

You'd think that the approach makes no sense, but we have no proof WG has a healthy internal processing system.

At the end of the day WoWS is a product of a Russian dev team working for a Belarussian company. That's a huge cultural difference from western companies. Let me be frank, as someone who has worked with Russian companies, if WG is even an ounce like that, we might as well be talking with a wall.

Russian companies are strictly hierarchical, if the boss says it is so, it is so even if it kills a project. The companies are slow and ponderous, with layers of bureaucracy. The issue is, as long as the people at the top don't change, the game will careen down introducing bad mechanics and broken ship types. Because the boss said so.

This is compounded by the famous 2017 declaration by Victor Kislyi that he won't monitor WoWS development anymore. Next thing we got was a broken CV rework and subs, because the bosses at Lesta decided to do so. And with no tangible proof that the dev team moved, we have to accept that most likely Lesta is still calling the shots, when it comes to the direction of the game.

Add to that the general attitude in gaming, where companies see the players as entitled garbage, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Perhaps.

The most telling moment for me on this issue was watching Ahskance tell the discord what he saw as the strongest feedback about the anniversary event...and it was a massive, self-serving distortion.

One can only wonder what pressure he was under to have to twist the clear and unequivocal feedback into that.

WG having very broken internal communication processes isn't new. WG blaming the playerbase instead of fixing those issues ALSO isn't new.

I'm just tired of CMs, volunteers, staff, and boosters acting in all kinds of toxic ways and getting away with it...while simultaneously playing the 'if only you would communicate in constructive ways' blatant lie.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Perhaps.

The most telling moment for me on this issue was watching Ahskance tell the discord what he saw as the strongest feedback about the anniversary event...and it was a massive, self-serving distortion.

One can only wonder what pressure he was under to have to twist the clear and unequivocal feedback into that.

WG having very broken internal communication processes isn't new. WG blaming the playerbase instead of fixing those issues ALSO isn't new.

I'm just tired of CMs, volunteers, staff, and boosters acting in all kinds of toxic ways and getting away with it...while simultaneously playing the 'if only you would communicate in constructive ways' blatant lie.

Currently, all I can do is ask my friends to give World of Warships a negative review.image.thumb.png.283c6f6d56738537c798360a98cd6edd.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Little to none in terms of pressure. Ahskance literally doesn’t understand the community or why they get upset with WG. He tows the company line and defends WG without question even when they’re clearly in the wrong. I’ve said it before and others far more respected in the community(I won’t say who, cause I don’t want to uncover old wounds) than I have said the same, ahskance was a terrible choice to be a CM as he has said many times that he doesn’t understand the community as a whole.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MBT808 said:

Little to none in terms of pressure. Ahskance literally doesn’t understand the community or why they get upset with WG. He tows the company line and defends WG without question even when they’re clearly in the wrong. I’ve said it before and others far more respected in the community(I won’t say who, cause I don’t want to uncover old wounds) than I have said the same, ahskance was a terrible choice to be a CM as he has said many times that he doesn’t understand the community as a whole.

From a certain point of view, that makes him perfect.

😛

3 minutes ago, MBT808 said:

Employee of the Year! 😂

17 minutes ago, MBT808 said:
17分钟前,MBT808说:

压力方面几乎没有。 Ahskance 根本不理解社区,也不理解他们为什么对 WG 感到不满。他坚持公司立场,毫无疑问地为 WG 辩护,即使他们明显有错。我以前说过,其他人在社区中更受尊重(我不会说是谁,因为我不想揭开旧伤)比我说过同样的话,ahskance 是一个糟糕的选择,因为作为 CM他多次表示,他不了解整个社会。
压力方面几乎没有。 Ahskance 根本不理解社区,也不理解他们为什么对 WG 感到不满。他坚持公司立场,毫无疑问地为 WG 辩护,即使他们明显有错。我以前说过,其他人在社区中更受尊重(我不会说是谁,因为我不想揭开旧伤)比我说过同样的话,ahskance 是一个糟糕的选择,因为作为 CM他多次表示,他不了解整个社会。

I don't understand why they put a guy with no social experience to talk to a client, he doesn't even understand what we're talking about, or what kind of response we want. He's just talking to a mirror

19 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

From a certain point of view, that makes him perfect.

😛

Exactly 🤐

23 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

Employee of the Year! 😂

Chinese fellow players who has confronted WG at Discord channels describe the situation at Tieba as "WG's community management is totally rotten and they would fare better if they recruit a new community team from the CN Server."

Another issue for CN community is that currently a very unpopular, widely disliked person (for causing WG to nerf the economics of scenario operations) has been among the ranks of the remaining CCs, and in effect rather than something like medium between the community and the company, that guy has been seen as a latter-day Vidkun Quisling of a gaming community.

Edited by Project45_Opytny

I think the CM knows what we are talking about, however their job isn't really about conveying our message back to devs, but rather telling us what's coming next and convincing us that WG knows the best, and it is in our interest to accept it. It is like attending a Seminar and the CM as a talker.

We folks are suppose to listen to them and maybe jogging down notes if necessary, maybe applause and clapping hands when needed. But not with critical thinking or straight up criticizing them.

Of cause when we question them they will have to defend the company, maybe look for somewhere less important to make some concession and calm down the angry folks if things are spinning out of control.

BTW: CM is careful in their comment anyway so they are not pissing off more people with their words. So I think Ahskance is doing a good job dancing around.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, a252 said:

I think the CM knows what we are talking about, however their job isn't really about conveying our message back to devs, but rather telling us what's coming next and convincing us that WG knows the best, and it is in our interest to accept it. It is like attending a Seminar and the CM as a talker.

We folks are suppose to listen to them and maybe jogging down notes if necessary, maybe applause and clapping hands when needed. But not with critical thinking or straight up criticizing them.

Of cause when we question them they will have to defend the company, maybe look for somewhere less important to make some concession and calm down the angry folks if things are spinning out of control.

BTW: CM is careful in their comment anyway so they are not pissing off more people with their words. So I think Ahskance is doing a good job dancing around.

Discord was born for this purpose XD

4 minutes ago, wrds said:

Discord was born for this purpose XD

I agree with the Captain, there were already too many criticisms (and many well justified) that they have to endure.

Not for nothing was the change to Discord, since there it is easier and simpler to censor those who do not agree with them, that's why there you will see pure Pro-Wargaming.

9 minutes ago, Odinson said:

I agree with the Captain, there were already too many criticisms (and many well justified) that they have to endure.

Not for nothing was the change to Discord, since there it is easier and simpler to censor those who do not agree with them, that's why there you will see pure Pro-Wargaming.

Fortunately, this forum appeared; otherwise, we would have been constantly on edge on Discord 😅

27 minutes ago, wrds said:

Fortunately, this forum appeared; otherwise, we would have been constantly on edge on Discord 😅

In my opinion a forum that is not controlled by the company itself will always be a better place since, as such not being linked all this staff to Wargaming.

They have the freedom to say how bad the game is, a raw truth that they don't want to see and accept no matter how much it hurts them, because they will never accept that they were wrong.

8 minutes ago, Odinson said:

In my opinion a forum that is not controlled by the company itself will always be a better place since, as such not being linked all this staff to Wargaming.

They have the freedom to say how bad the game is, a raw truth that they don't want to see and accept no matter how much it hurts them, because they will never accept that they were wrong.

I completely agree with your statement! WG only thinks about avoiding problems (or solving the players who raise issues), but they don't think about actually resolving the problems.

16 minutes ago, Odinson said:

I can't understand why someone would willingly speak well of WG, even if it causes harm to them.
Even when we clearly explain the answer to the problem, they still ask the same question to other players.
No matter how many times we talk about it, they will just move on to another question.
Even if that question is absurd.
Why would they stand with WG?😞
Edited by wrds

16 minutes ago, wrds said:
I can't understand why someone would willingly speak well of WG, even if it causes harm to them.
Even when we clearly explain the answer to the problem, they still ask the same question to other players.
No matter how many times we talk about it, they will just move on to another question.
Even if that question is absurd.
Why would they stand with WG?😞

It's called Sealioning.

It's a known troll technique.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:
3 分钟前,Daniel_Allan_Clark 说:

It's called Sealioning.  这就是所谓的“海狮”。

这是一种众所周知的巨魔技术。

some people always like to play the clown to show their presence

1 minute ago, Kawaii_shirasu_azusa said:

some people always like to play the clown to show their presence

I like to be the jester.

9 hours ago, Justin_Simpleton said:
9 小时前,Justin_Simpleton 说:

I like to be the jester.
我喜欢当小丑。

oh my god Ihave a phobia of clowns,only on the web

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

It's called Sealioning.

I can't understand the mentality of these people.🤢

13 hours ago, a252 said:

So I think Ahskance is doing a good job dancing around.

Yes. That's his job, to be Wargaming's representative to the player base.

It is just awkward to read his posts, particularly at Discord. One can readily see the attempt to mislead in their statements.

He says they know Bayard is a ship that players wanted, therefore they are offering for free it in the radically changed anniversary rewards system. This begs the question, how did they know Bayard was the ship that players wanted? They don't. Did they conduct a survey on all servers? No.

And then on the other hand, he also states that they did not expect the playerbase to complain about the changes they were introducing. 

LOL

What a ridiculous excuse. 

● Implement uncalled for changes and label it as 'what players want'. 

● Acknowledge valid sentiments of players and label it as 'unexpected'.

🤣

I can emphatize with a lot of players. The way Wargaming and its Community Managers shove changes is appalling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Frostbow said:

Bayard is a ship that players wanted

I honestly can't say that I've seen any real buzz around a particular ship lately. For the longest time, I'd forgotten Bayard even existed cause I saw it so rarely(and its gimmick, being 30mm pen on 152mm guns became standardized). Honestly if they had said Tirpitz instead, I'd probably have said most new players that is probably a wish list ship(and arguably one of the most popular premiums period).

3 hours ago, Frostbow said:

And then on the other hand, he also states that they did not expect the playerbase to complain about the changes they were introducing. 

LOL

What a ridiculous excuse. 

● Implement uncalled for changes and label it as 'what players want'. 

● Acknowledge valid sentiments of players and label it as 'unexpected'.

Honestly, I believe they didn't expect it. Cause WG thought they were being all sneaky. No one would remember a dev blog from three months ago.