Lushun Dockyard Missions Summary

Ensign Cthulhu

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I'd love to kill six bots and take home 1500-2000 base XP; I really would. But if you did that, you'd kill the PVP game. 

Only if WG doesn't inflate the costs of things purchasable with XP...

😉

But yes, exactly. WG isn't denigrating PVE players with the low payouts...they are afraid that PVP players will go to PVE if the payouts were higher.

WG doesn't think people will play PVP unless they get much better rewards than PVE.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Only if WG doesn't inflate the costs of things purchasable with XP...

😉

But yes, exactly. WG isn't denigrating PVE players with the low payouts...they are afraid that PVP players will go to PVE if the payouts were higher.

WG doesn't think people will play PVP unless they get much better rewards than PVE.

You are CORRECT Sir !  If anyone doubts that, look to the timeline of the recent Asymmetrical Battles......and, the day 4 nerf to control the Random match bleed, the first three days produced.   And, those first three days were a lot of fun !

Even with the horde of Random mains trying to farm in ASB's.....  Conversation is chat like:  Ah, we don't have to hide in PVE battles.........so, "let's be about it", eh?"

So, a person with enough doubloons can "buy out" all the dockyard phases on "Day 1".
Then they have the ship, *and* they can complete however many dockyard phases they can spare the time for before the dockyard deadline.

Granted, not everyone has that many spare doubloons, but, some do.
(Which reminds of a dialogue scene from a movie, "Some will."  "Some won't."  "Some do."  "I don't.")

As for the "Seven-year old kids", if they're in a battle with me, then they're fair game.
The Matchmaker program hath spoken, and no amount of yokumberry-tonic is gonna change that.  🙂

Okay, @Wolfswetpaws, I'm raising my hand because I whaled the Lushun.  Now, I will say I actually wanted it.  I have been sitting on a lot of resources because I usually don't spend them (for a very, very long time) on every in-game promotion.

As far as the Lushun, I have really enjoyed the ship.  It does have a learning curve, but oh, those guns are so sweet.

Plus, having completed the dockyard, for each phase I complete, I now receive steel at each level.  So, for me, it is a win-win.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 11:58 PM, SunkCostFallacy said:

I pay attention to Dockyards to the extent that I want one of the 'lessor' rewards.

In this case I'm working to reach level 20 and get the two weeks premium time, because I like premium time 😄

The current set of missions I'm wading through (3. The making of a Navy) is going fairly well except for one mission which I had actually expected to be pretty easy:

In DD, get 30 defended, captured, assist ribbons

Why is it taking so long? Because I keep getting put into ARMS RACE matches! facepalmsmiley.gif.d02e15f10405ff5af5cdaeadf7862677.gif

Ah well ... soldier on (or sailor on if you must)

Whenever caps and d-caps are a task requirement you can bet every last cent you own the frequency of standard mode and arms race will "coincidentally" ramp up big time. It happens every time those are a task requirement.

I can go for weeks and at most see those modes maybe once a day or every other day but when I need caps and/or d-caps for a mission task suddenly all I seem to get is standard and arms race. I have had as many as 10 standard battles in a row when I need caps and/or d-caps and that NEVER happens when it isn't a task requirement. 

Tin foil hat or WG being WG behind the scenes? I will let everyone decide for themselves. I know what I think. 😎

I keep telling myself when I know a cap and d-cap mission is coming for the week before track the frequency of standard and arms race and then track it while that week is on and see how they compare. But then I say forget it that is too much effort LOL.

One thing WG could do to help a LOT is make the arms race boost things count like a d-cap does. But doubt they will ever do that. They seem to prefer making us play extra games to do it.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Whenever caps and d-caps are a task requirement you can bet every last cent you own the frequency of standard mode and arms race will "coincidentally" ramp up big time. It happens every time those are a task requirement.

I can go for weeks and at most see those modes maybe once a day or every other day but when I need caps and/or d-caps for a mission task suddenly all I seem to get is standard and arms race. I have had as many as 10 standard battles in a row when I need caps and/or d-caps and that NEVER happens when it isn't a task requirement. 

Tin foil hat or WG being WG behind the scenes? I will let everyone decide for themselves. I know what I think. 😎

I keep telling myself when I know a cap and d-cap mission is coming for the week before track the frequency of standard and arms race and then track it while that week is on and see how they compare. But then I say forget it that is too much effort LOL.

One thing WG could do to help a LOT is make the arms race boost things count like a d-cap does. But doubt they will ever do that. They seem to prefer making us play extra games to do it.

I used to believe that it was "just luck" that I'd get several arms races in a Row when I needed d-caps.  Not anymore.

I really believe that our host changes the "availability and chances of selection" to make those kind of map required tasks less available....  Tin foil hat time?   No AT, it's intentional as was all of the other things they have done to increase "throughput".....and, increase spending due to frustration...

I know what I think and "You are  CORRECT Sir...."

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

What throws me is that it's logically inconsistent with their very clear statement that Randoms is the preferred game mode.

Because you're absolutely correct ... Arms Race certainly seems to be become much more prevalent when there's a cap/defend mission live.

But logically that's counter productive of WGs desire to get people back into Randoms.

• 1 month later...

Well it's the last day of this week, currently at 25k base xp on my dds and 24.3k on cruisers. 

Just finished the battle pass, I think after work I'll spam some Kleber and Mainz in ops to make it manageable to complete tomorrow while still being able to hopefully work on some of the next weeks tasks. 

Base xp is a terrible goal that I have come to dread. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Well it's the last day of this week, currently at 25k base xp on my dds and 24.3k on cruisers.

I finished the base XP yesterday playing nothing but Random Operations (1,000+ for a win !)

But we, PVE Mains, feel your pain.  35 winning RO's takes some time to do !  And, to what end is where the game starts simply meaning less....  Sigh.

2 hours ago, Asym said:

I finished the base XP yesterday playing nothing but Random Operations (1,000+ for a win !)

But we, PVE Mains, feel your pain.  35 winning RO's takes some time to do !  And, to what end is where the game starts simply meaning less....  Sigh.

I really don't like playing DDs in ops now since you never know which op you will get. I feel confident in Aki but none of the others since they all can great or awful for some ops. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

I really don't like playing DDs in ops now since you never know which op you will get. I feel confident in Aki but none of the others since they all can great or awful for some ops. 

I play the Aki a lot and do very well in most Ops.  Heme's can get a bit messy but, the rest work out mostly.  Although, I am play with 5 to 7 man divisions most nights......

6 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

OTOH we still have 20 days to finish it as of tomorrow, and the final mission set is almost all damage and combat-related tasks which, if necessary, could be spammed out in co-op in about a week. So while you are technically not on track to kick off the final mission as soon as it drops, neither are you hopelessly behind. 

6 hours ago, Asym said:

And, to what end is where the game starts simply meaning less...

I always try to play these events in such a way that they are accomplishing one of my long-term goals - usually grooming a commander to be kicked up to 21 points, grinding a tech tree ship, or sometimes both (this is in part how my Pan-Am 21 pointer got his post). That way the grind works for me, not just the other way around. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

I'm home pretty much 24/7/365 and even I find high target/short time Base XP missions like these ones a grind.

I can't imagine how hard they are for people that have limited time to play.

On the bright side the mission don't end for another 3 weeks and the last lot of missions don't seem that bad. Definitely doable in co-op 🙂

1 hour ago, Grantwhy said:

I can't imagine how hard they are for people that have limited time to play.

With the group I play with most nights (fewer now than a year ago) those whom work full time simply ignore the events.

They simply don't ever finish them and they have stopped spending years ago.  So, in my experiences in this game, it appears that ignoring everything that can't be accomplished by playing in a RO division in two hours a night, 3 or 4 times a week isn't even opened. 

We all have well over 200 ships, been here since 2017 and really, don't need for anything else......

This is the way.

2 hours ago, Asym said:

We all have well over 200 ships, been here since 2017 and really, don't need for anything else...

See, this is the point at which you kick back, chill and enjoy.

I can see a potential future where I just log in every day to collect the freebies and other low-hanging fruit, play PTS whenever it's up, and let it go the rest of the time. Save the periods of intense activity for snowflakes.

But that time is not yet. I still feel like I have a lot to do. And WG still has a knack for bringing things into the game that hold my interest. 

• Like 2

AND DONE.

16 days still to go. Almost all in co-op.

I can have a T10 "special" ship for less than the price of some Tier 8 premiums if I so desire. But it's late and I'm tired, so I'm going to sleep on it. I need to watch a bit more gameplay before I make the final call.

• Like 1