Lushun Dockyard Missions Summary

Ensign Cthulhu

3 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

question is 

is the Lushun worth it ?

I'm not ready to say "yes", yet.
Last time I checked, I could welcome a lower tier premium Pan-Asian 'bote for a lower cost in doubloons, espeically if I use a coupon in the transaction.
Tier-10 can't play in Scenario Operations.  But other game modes are allowing Tier-10 ships.  (Gee, I wonder why?)

I agrre with @Ensign Cthulhu.  The answer of Lushun being worth it will depend upon the personal circumstances of each player.

Lushun among unicum players is considered to be very strong. Make of that what you want 🙂

42 minutes ago, EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico said:

Lushun among unicum players is considered to be very strong. Make of that what you want 🙂

I've seen the gameplay and I understand her potential in the PvP environment. My concern is that the PvE meta which I mostly inhabit (with opponents that automatically know how much lead to take and which lose no time in the calculation) militates against her strengths. 

15 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

For the cap ribbons, may I suggest Somme/Jutland in brawls? Z-46 may work even better if you can get her aft-weighted armament properly to bear, as her hydro has a longer reach. Do not bring ships with deepwater torpedoes if you can help it, as you may find yourself facing majority (2/3) destroyers. 

Position well and get a BB/cruiser heavy team, and you can potentially farm huge numbers of cap ribbons.

I rammed through the task by exactly this way, 2 Brawls in the newly and freely earned Somme (though both battles ended up loses).

The most viable pick for me to actually win brawls (and finish Battle Pass quickly) remains Prinz Rupprecht and Pommern through.

Illinois has been "the ship" for battleship main battery hit missions, though with the moderate amount spamming Mecklenburg is also viable.

30 phase rewards from the missions, 35 phases....is the only way to get it to purchase at a minimum 5 phases?

I usually look at the phase rewards for a dockyard to see if any are interesting or likely achievable with my limited available playtime...

...most of them giving grey boosters got a sardonic chuckle from me.

Not even worth worrying about.

9 hours ago, Lechnoid said:

30 phase rewards from the missions, 35 phases....is the only way to get it to purchase at a minimum 5 phases?

That's correct; that's been the rule for all dockyards after the first. You're playing to bring the price down, not to get it for free (unless you're using dubs that you won in-game).

17 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Illinois has been "the ship" for battleship main battery hit missions, though with the moderate amount spamming Mecklenburg is also viable.

I spent much of last night clearing out that task with Illinois (since I don't have Mecklenburg).

Somme in Brawls got me most of the torpedo spots too - in one battle, I was up against a Neustrashimy and two BBs with lots of torpedoes (IIRC an Iwami and a Rupprecht), and they absolutely drenched the cap I was in - but I was behind a spit of rock and I could watch them all go by in complete safety. I don't think I've ever had more torpedoes fired at me in one battle in my life. I finished that task off last night in co-op with Kleber CLR. 

10 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I usually look at the phase rewards for a dockyard to see if any are interesting or likely achievable with my limited available playtime...

...most of them giving grey boosters got a sardonic chuckle from me.

Not even worth worrying about.

See people read this and think it's it true the fact is only 6 out of 35 phase rewards give out grey boosters and thats in the first 7 easy stages . There are plenty of achievable and interesting phase rewards including. Two weeks premium, credits, 35k Coal, FXP, Blue boosters, containers with blue and red boosters, 195k Elite Commander XP, 4k RP and 2K steel. For me that's nothing to chuckle about.

Edited by clammboy
  • Bored 1

1 hour ago, clammboy said:

red boosters, 195k Elite Commander XP, 4k RP and 2K steel.

Most of these juiciest goodies tend to be behind the paid stages, alas.

1 hour ago, clammboy said:

See people read this and think it's it true the fact is only 6 out of 35 phase rewards give out grey boosters and thats in the first 7 easy stages . There are plenty of achievable and interesting phase rewards including. Two weeks premium, credits, 35k Coal, FXP, Blue boosters, containers with blue and red boosters, 195k Elite Commander XP, 4k RP and 2K steel. For me that's nothing to chuckle about.

Doesn't address what I saw as achievable with my limited available playtime.

Just now, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Most of these juiciest goodies tend to be behind the paid stages, alas.

Yes the 2k steel, the 4k RP and the red boosters are in the last 5 stages always have been . So if your going to do all that grinding to get there then I guess you really need to finish with doubloons so you get the tier 10 ship and the juiciest goodies. 

16 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Doesn't address what I saw as achievable with my limited available playtime.

Yes I guess you are right this is probably not an event for people with limited time or doubloons. But even with limited playing time there are goodies to be had for free if your playing the game you just take what you get.

Edited by clammboy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Yes I guess you are right this is probably not an event for people with limited time or doubloons. But even with limited playing time there are goodies to be had for free if your playing the game you just take what you get.

Nothing earned as a reward is free, my friend.

The rewards for the dockyard early milestones were laughable. I laughed, and have ignored the dockyard event.

It's not for me.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark

Just now, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Nothing earned as a reward is free, my friend.

I'm sorry I totally disagree but thats ok everyone thinks differently. Have a great day I have to leave for work and good luck with the rewards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some people would bill WG for their time spent playing the game, if only they could get away with it. 

"I got it for free" is understood by most people in common usage to mean "No money changed hands". 

Now if you want to argue in terms of time spent, that's fine... but what else is one doing during that time? My remaining goals for this patch are to finish the battle pass and to accumulate enough ECXP (just short of 140,000 to go!) to kick my Dutch Dasha up to 21 points. After that, it's low level and chill until the next patch kicks off and I have to dust off all the anniversary-flakes. Any dockyard rewards I pick up in the course of accomplishing those two goals are truly free; the playing time and effort put in to get them would have occurred anyway. 

13 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Some people would bill WG for their time spent playing the game, if only they could get away with it. 

"I got it for free" is understood by most people in common usage to mean "No money changed hands". 

Now if you want to argue in terms of time spent, that's fine... but what else is one doing during that time? My remaining goals for this patch are to finish the battle pass and to accumulate enough ECXP (just short of 140,000 to go!) to kick my Dutch Dasha up to 21 points. After that, it's low level and chill until the next patch kicks off and I have to dust off all the anniversary-flakes. Any dockyard rewards I pick up in the course of accomplishing those two goals are truly free; the playing time and effort put in to get them would have occurred anyway. 

I think some of us would spend real money if we "didn't" have to waste days to accomplish task that could have been done in hours...  I have spent at least three days or more on one task as a PVE main..........and, I am NOT SAYING that isn't fair.  What I am saying is that I simply don't "feel like spending real money" on a corporation whom is tone deaf....  If they cared, "just a little bit about PVE players" and didn't relegate them to the "back of the bus", many of us would buy "more stuff...."  and maybe, recruit some other players.  Yes, free stuff is free stuff........but, being treated "equally" is more important to me....  Class distinctions simply divide the market.  And, that means less income for our host;  fewer people playing; and, a really good game "not, being all it could be....."

16 minutes ago, Asym said:

I think some of us would spend real money if we "didn't" have to waste days to accomplish task that could have been done in hours...  I have spent at least three days or more on one task as a PVE main..........and, I am NOT SAYING that isn't fair.  What I am saying is that I simply don't "feel like spending real money" on a corporation whom is tone deaf....  If they cared, "just a little bit about PVE players" and didn't relegate them to the "back of the bus", many of us would buy "more stuff...."  and maybe, recruit some other players.  Yes, free stuff is free stuff........but, being treated "equally" is more important to me....  Class distinctions simply divide the market.  And, that means less income for our host;  fewer people playing; and, a really good game "not, being all it could be....."

On the one hand, you're saying things aren't unfair; on the other, you're complaining about being relegated and not cared about. I am confused. What is it specifically that you want WG to change?

"Mr Spock, if we go by the book then hours could turn into days." What particular tasks do you have in mind here?

Us co-op players are streets ahead in being able to guarantee wins and "top X in your team by base XP" results. For reasons of being able to be more consistently reckless without endangering the win, we are also in a better position to farm various combat-related tasks. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I'm still on the credit grind as I'm going up the tech trees of a number of different ships simultaneously.

I get enough grey boosters in the daily crates to not need them from the dockyard...so they have very little value. I therefore am focusing my efforts on game modes that give rewards towards the specific currencies that I want to pursue.

Credits - so playing premiums and carriers in modes I enjoy, Ops, Concealed Maneuvers, sometimes randoms.

Community tokens - to continue my quest of owning all the low tier premiums. Right now that's Concealed Maneuvers.

So I've been playing the CM game as often as I can...enjoying Audacious, Midway, Iowa, Friesland, etc.

The dockyard just isn't interesting in terms of rewards for each game. It's not free as grinding the dockyard would mean I miss out on community tokens.

The concept of opportunity cost is one way that people can better assess the value of WG sales offerings to their own plans and desires.

It is sad how few people see the value of this value assessment tool.

Good luck with the captain grind!

I remember that sense of getting close with my USN CV captain...took some dedicated work to get over the line to 21 points...but so, so worth it.

I wish you smooth progress!

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

On the one hand, you're saying things aren't unfair; on the other, you're complaining about being relegated and not cared about. I am confused. What is it specifically that you want WG to change?

"Mr Spock, if we go by the book then hours could turn into days." What particular tasks do you have in mind here?

Us co-op players are streets ahead in being able to guarantee wins and "top X in your team by base XP" results. For reasons of being able to be more consistently reckless without endangering the win, we are also in a better position to farm various combat-related tasks. 

OK, making money is why they have a game in the first place........better quality would mean more income, more players, more.......  Again, for the um-teeth time:  a dollar spent in PVE is exactly the same value as that same dollar spent on PVP activities.   So why, for the sake of argument, frustrate 40% of your player base

To accomplish event tasks, PVE should not be reduced values....  By now, you would think, our host should know that PVE mains have ZERO interest in PVP activities.  And, some of us that sometimes dabble in Clan Battles or Ranked are no more inclined to spend if PVE has degraded earning potentials....    So, why discriminate at all???  A happy  player spends money and if a dollar is the same no matter whom spends it in game, why have two standards....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Asym said:

To accomplish event tasks, PVE should not be reduced values

And that's why WG increased Operations combat tasks recognition from flat-zero to 50%. Hopefully the first few patches of data lead to a further increase. 

As to the rest, if you expect equal economic rewards for slaughtering AI cannon fodder as for taking on skilled human opposition, maybe you're the one who needs your expectations revised? 

One thing I think DOES need serious revision upwards is the fixed BXP return for losing in Clan Battles or 1v1 brawls. CB is very high risk high reward if you can find a clan that will have you, but Brawls just isn't worth the candle; I can grind BXP more reliably in co-op. 300 or 350 for losing rather than 250 might give me more incentive to take a gamble on the result. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

And that's why WG increased Operations combat tasks recognition from flat-zero to 50%. Hopefully the first few patches of data lead to a further increase. 

As to the rest, if you expect equal economic rewards for slaughtering AI cannon fodder as for taking on skilled human opposition, maybe you're the one who needs your expectations revised? 

One thing I think DOES need serious revision upwards is the fixed BXP return for losing in Clan Battles or 1v1 brawls. CB is very high risk high reward if you can find a clan that will have you, but Brawls just isn't worth the candle; I can grind BXP more reliably in co-op. 300 or 350 for losing rather than 250 might give me more incentive to take a gamble on the result. 

Please, it's insulting when you say such that is in bold above.  We are customers of the same game.  

And, let's be frank here:  Random battles have as many 8 year olds playing as 70 year olds....  There is no "pleasure" playing against other humans at all......it's so depressing it's why our entire Clan Battle initiative last year completely imploded and then, the clan imploded....

17 minutes ago, Asym said:

Please, it's insulting when you say such that is in bold above.  We are customers of the same game.  

And, let's be frank here:  Random battles have as many 8 year olds playing as 70 year olds....  There is no "pleasure" playing against other humans at all......it's so depressing it's why our entire Clan Battle initiative last year completely imploded and then, the clan imploded....

I'd love to kill six bots and take home 1500-2000 base XP; I really would. But if you did that, you'd kill the PVP game. 

33 minutes ago, Asym said:

Random battles have as many 8 year olds playing as 70 year olds....

Lol that's a new one and by the way the 8 year olds still play better then bots.