Last Voyage of the Transylvania

Volron

4 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Heh.  "random battles" has "trained" too many BBabies all too well.  😏

Gotta miss those players that used to actually used their BB's to do stuff, eh?  Well I am not going back to Random's.  You could not pay me to.

• Haha 1

On 10/27/2023 at 3:18 PM, meatgrindr said:

Recent change?  I looked last night and didn't see where this qualified for any other missions.  At least I didn't see the green symbol in the mission requirements.

The Halloween Op counts as part of the normal operations, so -50% for the combat-related missions and full for the economic ones. Why WG did not bother to include the symbol is beyond me. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

It teaches tactics that are suitable for PVP, which this is not. 

That doesn't stop the people you're playing against from having poor adaptability between modes, but 'bad tactics to bad players' seems to me to be an oversimplification of the issue. 

So it is really your idea of suitable PvP play when BBs:

- sit back and snipe from the map border because they can due to their range, but hit very little

- let their DDs and cruisers die doing the tanking they should be doing in their well armored ship

- then do some reasonable amounts of damage when careless enemies rush the remains of their team in a desperate hunt for damage

- thus end up in the top half of the scoring screen and thing they did everything right

To me, that is just bad tactics. Most likely due to the poor adaptability of too many players, because to play a BB well requires things like situational awareness, the ability to disengange (which often means to just not shoot which I guess the hurr-durr types attracted to BBs are incapable of) and resource mangement (like not wasting your damage control on the first fire).

I can somewhat understand what is happening, there is a reason why I don't pvp anymore since years (Torpedo soup made even worse by subs prime among them right after teammate quality). But that doesn't make it good tactics.

Edited by Kruzenstern
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Kruzenstern said:

o it is really your idea of suitable PvP play when BBs:

You've misinterpreted what I said. Try again, without the malice and dishonesty this time.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

You've misinterpreted what I said. Try again, without the malice and dishonesty this time.

That ^^^^ seems 'a bit over-the-top', to me.
Could you be more diplomatic?

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Oh LoL, that was rich....  I almost blew coffee out my nose on that one !

This mode for me is a hard PASS.......and, our evening Divisioning are playing this silliness so, I am taking a break till it is over......  The duck pooh mines did me in...  I played one match of that and now, I am having nightmares of ducky pooh mines and this mode, simply makes that worse.

Edited by Asym
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Asym said:

Glad you're finding humor in the situation.  Laughter is a potent medicine, eh?  🙂

Despite the occasional differences of opinion that I sometimes have with other members of this forum, I do try to "get along" with everyone.
Especially because the differences are often outweighed by the numerous other topics in which my sentiments are similar or "close enough" to those of other people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Asym said:

This mode for me is a hard PASS.......and, our evening Divisioning are playing this silliness so, I am taking a break till it is over......  The duck pooh mines did me in...  I played one match of that and now, I am having nightmares of ducky pooh mines and this mode, simply makes that worse.

Hey, the Duck Pooh Mode was more realistic than many of the other modes we have in WoWS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Glad you're finding humor in the situation.  Laughter is a potent medicine, eh?  🙂

Despite the occasional differences of opinion that I sometimes have with other members of this forum, I do try to "get along" with everyone.
Especially because the differences are often outweighed by the numerous other topics in which my sentiments are similar or "close enough" to those of other people.

And, many of us appreciate the concept of getting along.  And, having good conversations.  The hard part is remembering that anything we suggest is "lost' as far as the game goes.  That is a hard concept for me......

15 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Hey, the Duck Pooh Mode was more realistic than many of the other modes we have in WoWS.

Yeah, I know.  Apocalypse mode and all of the Halloween modes simply tax me........  I just can't find the "kid" in me because I really love to compete.  I can't even play board games.......  I guess shooting is best because I get to compete with myself most days (but, not yesterday nor today because of the freaking weather !!!)

Nightmares about Ducky Pooh........yikes.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Asym said:

And, many of us appreciate the concept of getting along.  And, having good conversations.  The hard part is remembering that anything we suggest is "lost' as far as the game goes.  That is a hard concept for me......

Customer Service tickets and discord are the officially remaining paths to communicate with World of Warships personnel.
Though, you could comment on their youtube videos and facebook posts, if you choose.  🙂 

• Like 1

Some tips for ya folk:

1. If in a BB, you must be out in front of Transylvania.  You need to tank for her first and foremost, but bonus if you can tank for the team.  Be smart about it though, as things tend to set you on fire, especially the 3 Objective DD's.
  2. If in a CA, focus on setting things on fire.  Just like other Halloween Op's, fire is your friend, more so since the Filth gives them a massive damage resistance.  Try to spot the 3 objective DD's if at all possible.  Dar CA's excel at this.
  3. If in a DD, you should focus on picking up the 2nd Shard then spotting the 3 DD objectives.  Be smart as they will hurt you.  Torpedo the world if you have em.  Fries/Gron will actually perform reasonably well here.  Divi up with 2 others with either of those and focus.  Enjoy the constant stream of shells. Smile_playing.gif.a6c958c121c06bdb09497f61b74f9620.gif
  4. If in a SS, usually you will be placed in back.  Ignore the first wave and get yourself into position to torpedo the 3 objective DD's.  Hit everything when possible, does not matter what it is.  Just hit it.
  5. If in a CV, be aware you have practically unlimited aircraft with the regen buff you get but this does not mean you can just carelessly throw them away either.  Focus on the 3 objective DD's primarily, as you can actually do a decent amount of damage to them even when they are in the filth.

Regardless of class, focus the 3 objective DD's when they appear, and focus fire on the closest one.  Getting them down ASAP will save you a ton of trouble later.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Agreed, I do not understand what Kruzenstein said that was so offensive?

He was just describing bad BB players' typical behavior when playing PVP modes. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 12:13 AM, Volron said:

Well, so far I am enjoying this one.  It is allowing me to work towards Thrasher, and will be able to work other 9's as well.  Not as hard as Sunray or Saving Trans, but still has a challenge to it.  A well play sub will definitely benefit, providing you don't spawn in the back like I have been a so far today.  feh

If you have 9's to work through, I would highly recommend you take advantage of this Operation! Smile_playing.gif.a6c958c121c06bdb09497f61b74f9620.gif

This mode is amazing for the economy it has. I'm very happy with it tbh, when I'm bored of randoms I can do some piss easy OPs and still rake in the XP with tier 9s so another nice move by WG.

• Like 6

I am regrinding the Harugumo line for research points. So far, I am having a ball with Akizuki in this mode. I am half way to Kitakaze using blue boosters today. I should be able to get to Kitakaze tomorrow. It is one of the good moves of WG.

• Like 1

What's up with the players that torp, shoot Transylvania at the end, that's so stupid. Don't get me started on the DD players who throw water bombs the whole match.

1 minute ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

What's up with the players that torp, shoot Transylvania at the end, that's so stupid. Don't get me started on the DD players who throw water bombs the whole match.

I have no idea.  Perhaps you'll let all of us know, when you find out?

Nice choice of Teslau for an avatar picture, by the way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

It's cause they finished the match and there's literally no harm in shooting off your weapons. And the DDs who drop ASW just do it for random fun tbh. Lmao this guy.

• Bored 1

7 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

It's cause they finished the match and there's literally no harm in shooting off your weapons. And the DDs who drop ASW just do it for random fun tbh. Lmao this guy.

Why am i not surprised that you find disrupting behaviour like that okay, i wonder. :classic_dry:

3 minutes ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Why am i not surprised that you find disrupting behaviour like that okay, i wonder. :classic_dry:

Disrupting behavior? How hard do you have to concentrate in this PvE mode to win lol. If someone shooting torps off at the end I couldn't imagine you during the intense bits.

• Like 1
  • Bored 2

6 minutes ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

BobtheBall is extremely snarky / sarcastic in many of his responses. Humor is tough to convey across the internet, and can come off as annoying and bad manners. This is why I try very hard to stick to a neutral, professional tone in all of my communications. 

Personally, I am very conscious of credits (despite typically having >200M in the bank) and will never expend ammunition once a match has ended. Some others do not care and simply do it for fun. 

As for dropping depth charges, apparently it is a viable tactic (in PVP modes only), as the splashes can block the enemy's vision temporarily. Bots of course, do not care and have lock-on laser aim. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NMA101 said:

BobtheBall is extremely snarky / sarcastic in many of his responses. Humor is tough to convey across the internet, and can come off as annoying and bad manners. This is why I try very hard to stick to a neutral, professional tone in all of my communications. 

Personally, I am very conscious of credits (despite typically having >200M in the bank) and will never expend ammunition once a match has ended. Some others do not care and simply do it for fun. 

As for dropping depth charges, apparently it is a viable tactic (in PVP modes only), as the splashes can block the enemy's vision temporarily. Bots of course, do not care and have lock-on laser aim. 

A world without humor is a sad world to live in. 

There's no harm in doing it for fun. They're not hurting anyone so why complain about it.

I remember a while ago some ASW planes hurt convoys in the convoy gamemode. But in this case it's probably because they're just doing it for fun like with guns and torpedoes.

• Bored 1

54 minutes ago, NMA101 said:

If you find humour and sarcasm are too strong for your feeling integrity, you should try to go out and take a breather. This is an online forum for a pixel boat game not an email chain between a supervisor and an intern, there is no professional requirement or tones to follow when discussing a game with online people. If you find Bob is snarky then you should explore the chances of widening your horizon and presumably your resilience.

Personally, I don’t shoot the Transylvania when I win, but I dont find problem with people shoot it for fun. It is their way of celebrating and I think thats fine. Just like irl people popping a champagne and spray it everywhere. It is wasteful but it is fun. You should have some fun too.

Edited by MarcusYL
  • Like 2
  • Bored 1

It is disruptive if Transylvania is getting purposely blocked or eating friendly fire, but none of that will happen afaik.

• Like 1

Yea it is invincible to friendly fire, and it can push away your ship insanely quick if you try to block it. It just uses the mechanics of the convoy in game where it can ram away a BB like nothing.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MarcusYL said:

If you find humour and sarcasm are too strong for your feeling integrity, you should try to go out and take a breather. This is an online forum for a pixel boat game not an email chain between a supervisor and an intern, there is no professional requirement or tones to follow when discussing a game with online people. If you find Bob is snarky then you should explore the chances of widening your horizon and presumably your resilience.

Personally, I don’t shoot the Transylvania when I win, but I dont find problem with people shoot it for fun. It is their way of celebrating and I think thats fine. Just like irl people popping a champagne and spray it everywhere. It is wasteful but it is fun. You should have some fun too.

I think you are mis-interpreting my message. First of all, where did I state I have a problem with other people who shoot armament at the end of a game?

I literally wrote, "some others do not care and do it for fun." I understand that, clearly. I did not state "I disapprove of them".

This forum is not a job, yes, but it is more structured than a discord server, where every single post is crowded with emojis, memes, or general horseplay banter. My point was, why create more avenues for conflict here? If you ask/answer questions straight and to the point, it removes any possibility of people being offended. 

Nice ad-hominin by the way. I have decades of working in business and believe me, have dealt with far worse people. So ordering me to "touch grass" is unnecessary. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Bored 1