Are reroll accounts a bad thing?

Type_93

I’ve been in a slump lately. I’ve been trying out new ships and builds and trying different approaches to my play, but have been having a hard time. When I get frustrated with my play on my main acct, I log over to my reroll (Typa_93a) and it’s like night vs day. I get the same teams good or bad, but I do much better? I think I’m cursed. My main acct is my one true love as I’ve put my blood, sweat and tears into it. I’ll never use my reroll for competitive and will stay clan-less, it just feels like I’m cheating on myself sometimes. 
Do you guys have rerolls? Are they the Marilyn to your Jackie? 

I have put money into the game on my main account, so I see no need to have another account for what ever reason.

If I play badly and my wr suffers cause of it, to bad it is what it is.

I did play closed beta so ran up as many lines as I could win/loss never cared to try out new stuff and see what I liked, but once they reset I did concentrate on only what I liked only.

I did know a guy who had 20 losses in a row and started a new account out of anger, not sure what it really did for him as his losses still piled up, its simply one of those things, and its called randoms for a reason, but for some reason you seem to always get stuck with the sucky side, although thats how it feels at times

Ask yourself why you need a re-roll.

Is it so you can impress others?

A re-roll will not magically improve your play, but does erase your history.

I would suggest to just make your account statistics concealed, so others cannot disparage you and then continue to play to your heart's content.

GL,HF.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CriMiNaL said:

I have put money into the game on my main account, so I see no need to have another account for what ever reason.

If I play badly and my wr suffers cause of it, to bad it is what it is.

tumblr_mhz4mb6e9f1r7kr84o1_500.thumb.gif.85bb6a785aa7c0436f1390ee4697ea1a.gif

Literally 100% this. I can't really justify another account. Like, my WR on Legends (yes, different game, but VERY similar gameplay overall at its core) is like what, 57% or something high like that? That's because I came into it with the 2 years+ experience from WoWs PC. But on WoWs PC, I had to learn and improve, so initially my WR was...kinda lackluster, and frankly, even though it's like 50%, it's not really accurate due to the past failures. I'm probably closer to....54-55% at my current skill level?

But yeah, I'm not gonna reroll because of that lols! 😛

Edited by Sailor_Moon

11 hours ago, majmac said:

Ask yourself why you need a re-roll.

Is it so you can impress others?

A re-roll will not magically improve your play, but does erase your history.

I would suggest to just make your account statistics concealed, so others cannot disparage you and then continue to play to your heart's content.

GL,HF.

I'd actually say to just keep improving and watch your winrate go up naturally. Stop chasing the numbers and just focus on improving your own game. Play to Improve, by improving you win 😄

Guest Capt_of_Satisfaction
5 minutes ago, Sailor_Moon said:

tumblr_mhz4mb6e9f1r7kr84o1_500.thumb.gif.85bb6a785aa7c0436f1390ee4697ea1a.gif

Literally 100% this. I can't really justify another account. Like, my WR on Legends (yes, different game, but VERY similar gameplay overall at its core) is like what, 57% or something high like that? That's because I came into it with the 2 years+ experience from WoWs PC. But on WoWs PC, I had to learn and improve, so initially my WR was...kinda lackluster, and frankly, even though it's like 50%, it's not really accurate due to the past failures. I'm probably closer to....54-55% at my current skill level?

But yeah, I'm not gonna reroll because of that lols! 😛

I play Legends too :-)  It's pretty good actually.  Plus I can recline back while I play on my new Samsung.  I don't play it a lot though.  I too, have 57% on there which kind of weirds me out, but honestly hand to the sky, I don't really care anymore.  But it is kind of weird we have the same wr. I was running USN and IJN DDs and BBs but now playing some German BB.

Not sure if you're aware @Type_93but I think the game is easier for the first 150 games or something.  I thought I heard that, so that might explain the difference.

22 minutes ago, Capt_of_Satisfaction said:

I play Legends too 🙂 It's pretty good actually.  Plus I can recline back while I play on my new Samsung.  I don't play it a lot though.  I too, have 57% on there which kind of weirds me out, but honestly hand to the sky, I don't really care anymore.  But it is kind of weird we have the same wr. I was running USN and IJN DDs and BBs but now playing some German BB.

Not sure if you're aware @Type_93but I think the game is easier for the first 150 games or something.  I thought I heard that, so that might explain the difference.

I know. I guess I should have called it an alt account rather than a reroll.  I didn’t start it for stats, it’s more for when my social anxiety gets the better of me and I just wanna play without my friends and clan mates seeing me on. 
I’ve been playing since open beta and my stats are fine on my main account. 

I have an alt. account that is strictly F2P.  I don't play it much but it's nice to play some ships I don't have on my main account.  

On 8/16/2023 at 7:41 PM, Type_93 said:

I’ve been in a slump lately. I’ve been trying out new ships and builds and trying different approaches to my play, but have been having a hard time. When I get frustrated with my play on my main acct, I log over to my reroll (Typa_93a) and it’s like night vs day. I get the same teams good or bad, but I do much better? I think I’m cursed. My main acct is my one true love as I’ve put my blood, sweat and tears into it. I’ll never use my reroll for competitive and will stay clan-less, it just feels like I’m cheating on myself sometimes. 

I think part of this may just be mental. I don't believe in the need to reroll, it's a history of your play. If you ever apply for a competitive clan we look at your recent performance more. 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 10:43 PM, Type_93 said:

I know. I guess I should have called it an alt account rather than a reroll.

This. I also have two accounts but on different servers EU/NA. Back then, one even had to have two separate clients installed, to play on different servers  and they updated separately.

Reroll is a different thing. It is resetting the account.

On EU we had a forumite, who had like ten(!! yes as 10) alt accounts 🙂

As for the op......actually you are not dreaming 🙂 Weegee's RNG is chance based (i.e percentage based) not pure RNG, so  it needs a "database" to produce stable results , database which gets resetted, (for example when updates, that's why bad disp reports are on the rise after it :)) Also when not playing for a while 🙂

Edited by Andrewbassg

IMHO its waste of time and effort, if one is a good player stats will come on their own (if one even cares for them) and anyway no serious clan does recruting solely based on stats nowadays

On 8/17/2023 at 1:41 AM, Type_93 said:

Are reroll accounts a bad thing?

1.  I don't have a 're-roll' account.  The closest thing would be my PTS account and I figure that doesn't meet the definition of a re-roll.
2.  In past discussions, on the old forum, I admit I found @Soshi_Sone had a point I agreed with.
    Said point is:  A person's play is a person's play.  They may improve over the course of time, as they "get gud".
    But eventually, their performance will average-out or stabilize and not change much once they reach the limit of their talent and wisdom.
3. I'm paraphrasing @Soshi_Sone, and I admit my memory & understanding of their words may be imperfectly written-down here.

Essentially, while one may have good days and bad days, the overall average of their performance will eventually reach a limit.
No amount of re-rolling will prevent that.
And for some people, tracking the progress is more satisfying than being able to tout amazing stats from a re-roll account.

Are re-roll or alternate accounts a "bad thing"?  I don't think they're bad or good in and of themselves.
Some people like to experiment and want to have appropriate venues to try stuff they're unwilling to risk with their primary account.
And, let's face it, some like to brag.
So the account isn't the problem per-se, it's the motivation and behavior of the player that merits a discerning evaluation.

That's my opinion.  🙂

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

I have alt accounts, but they aren't for re-roll reasons. They were created for branch clans. My clan has shrank noticably in 2023, but prior to that we had 4 clans, each with a specific different purpose: An over 50%, an under 50%, an afternoon CB, and a morning CB. Because each one had their own CB teams (in theory), we could share some players using mercenary rules, but we still needed a minimum number in whatever clan was hosting the CB. For that reason, I have three alternate accounts that I actually use sporadically, but no, they do not get the love my main account does.

That said, it is interesting how much higher my WR is in the alternate accounts. I have enough battles in my main account that I can't move the meter on my WR easily anymore, which is fine because I am not trying to impress anyone, but damn my numbers in the alts look good, lol! 

One thing I am proud of: one of my alt accounts is one of the four perfect Clemsons on NA server (Minimum 20 battles)

• Like 1